• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

If you are lost there's a log with objectives in it or just check your email again.
LOL I'm already hopelessly lost and stuck in System Shock 2 like an hour in. The Tomb Raiders of the world have made me rusty and weak, I must train and get better.

I can be a better gamer. I should force myself through Derrick Mode.

Andrew.

Banned
Executive: "Hey Ken, this game needs to be really good."

Ken: "Oh really? Because my goal was to make it fucking terrible."

classic.

Cystm

'We' refers the two posters who designed the thread (clearly stated at the end of the OT).

On your second point, I'm sure their intent is not to come across as apologist, but rather to preserve the experience for people who haven't played Bioshock. Since the new game is not linked to the older ones by plot, it's not necessarily worth marathoning through them the week before Infinite's release, since that carries with it the risk of series fatigue.

They're obviously similar games...linked by similar themes, and a similar approach to gameplay and world-building. If you play them all in one go, I'd argue you're diluting the impact of each one. Why risk it since there isn't a lot of narrative "catching up" to do?

This ^

Also, I added the Greenman Gaming Pre-order deal to the OP.

• Greenman Gaming
    • 2 free games INSTANTLY when you pre-purchase BioShock Infinite - Games include: Spec Ops: The Line , Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I do think, i have, enough Ken Levine videos, to last me all night, now.

Also does anyone have any concrete info on ps3 vs 360? Other than random postings. People were claiming to be prepped to do comparisons yesterday.

So I finally got around to watching Levine's BAFTA talk on Youtube and the thing that has got me hyped the most is Elizabeth's interaction with the world. They show a brief video of this during the talk that is slightly spoiler-ish, but it looked amazing. I'm probably going to be the person that spends 20 minutes to an hour in each room just to see what Elizabeth says/does. Then again, Elizabeth will probably make or break this game, so I hope she delivers on what Levine's promised.

It kind of makes me wish they could make a game without it being a FPS.

This ^

Also, I added the Greenman Gaming Pre-order deal to the OP.

• Greenman Gaming
    • 2 free games INSTANTLY when you pre-purchase BioShock Infinite - Games include: Spec Ops: The Line , Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II.

I have all those games but Civ, but knowing GMG their is a random 30% off coupon lurking.

dejay

Banned
Dammit, was already late for work, now I'm an extra 40 minutes late because of that interview.

Good thing my boss can't track me.

Andrew.

Banned
So I discovered the AudioVox (audio diary) answer that a few of you have been asking: Can you play them while playing the game or do you have to pause to listen?

Well, if you watch the first IGN video posted today about Elizabeth, there is a scene
where you pick one up and see it playing while you are walking around doing stuff.

Just puttin it out there since it was asked to the dude a few times that has the game apparently and he hasn't answered yet.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So I discovered the AudioVox (audio diary) answer that a few of you have been asking: Can you play them while playing the game or do you have to pause to listen?

Well, if you watch the first IGN video posted today about Elizabeth, there is a scene
where you pick one up and see it playing while you are walking around doing stuff.

Just puttin it out there since it was asked to the dude a few times that has the game apparently and he hasn't answered yet.

I answered, i thought that was enough.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50743293&postcount=603

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah that's what I thought.

Anyway, there it is. Good to know. It would suck if you had to pause. I didn't think they would pull something like that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
'I fuckning scared then scary movie 4 come out THIS SHIT IS FUCKNING A WAPEON INSTEAD OF A GAME DUDE KIDS are fuckning gone play it and they gone be scared to hell by Your smart ass Brain that cant even set up a love game before a shitty thing.'

This was written by an actual human being.

a mentally handicapped human being.

Ohwiseone

Giantbomb interviewing ken Levine sounds awesome.

I gotta get up and do truck tomorrow morning early (like 4am) but shit if iam not watching this when I get home from close

So I beat the first game but never finished the second. Is there a summary video on youtube anywhere? I can only find IGN's "Bioshock 1 in 5 Minutes" video, but none for the 2nd.

Just saw an ad on TV (Ireland)!

Have to say, when this game was first announced I was very, very hyped, but over the last year or so since then it's slowly dwindled. But the last few trailers and interviews have me hooked again! Hopefully I can get some money together between now and the 26th!

papercamm

So I beat the first game but never finished the second. Is there a summary video on youtube anywhere? I can only find IGN's "Bioshock 1 in 5 Minutes" video, but none for the 2nd.

You could read the summary on Wikipedia I guess, but it isn't really tied to Infinite in any way.
The good guys win
There are also multiple endings like the first game. Have they mentioned anything about Infinite having multiple endings? And if so what determines them?

Andrew.

Banned
You could read the summary on Wikipedia I guess, but it isn't really tied to Infinite in any way.
The good guys win
There are also multiple endings like the first game. Have they mentioned anything about Infinite having multiple endings? And if so what determines them?

Havent heard a thing about multiple endings. Also, do we know if the 360 is one or two discs?

Yerolo

The hype levels here is a preview of when the HL3 OT thread is one day created :p

Great to see, I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations and a brilliant OT. Thanks to Cystm and contributers

pringles

The hype levels here is a preview of when the HL3 OT thread is one day created :p
Can't wait for that thread. 2017 can't come soon enough.

This game will be amazing. I always had complete faith in it, even when it looked like the development was troubled. Trying to stay away from trailers and previews, I want this to be like my first experience with Bioshock, where I knew very little beforehand.

Great to see, I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations and a brilliant OT. Thanks to Cystm and contributers

The Half-Life 3 OT will hit 10,000 replies on the first day it's up.

Look forward to playing it on my newish PC rig next week after I finish my quick playthrough of both Bioshocks.

pleasedon'tbeshitpleasedon'tbeshitpleasedon'tbeshit

'I fuckning scared then scary movie 4 come out THIS SHIT IS FUCKNING A WAPEON INSTEAD OF A GAME DUDE KIDS are fuckning gone play it and they gone be scared to hell by Your smart ass Brain that cant even set up a love game before a shitty thing.'

I'm glad that was someone else's favorite part too.

The woman delivering that line... I fucking lost it.

CrazyDude

I have read this at least 5 time and still have no idea what is being said here.

Also, Andrew have you had Bioshock dreams yet?

Top Bottom