• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Oh wait, I get it.

Booker and Elizabeth are Joyce DeWitt's parents.

Andrew is John Ritter.

Three's Company.

The twist at the end is that this was System Shock 3 all along.

$h@d0w

This ^

Also, I added the Greenman Gaming Pre-order deal to the OP.

• Greenman Gaming
    • 2 free games INSTANTLY when you pre-purchase BioShock Infinite - Games include: Spec Ops: The Line , Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II.

The Steam preorder Xcom tier got unlocked - does anyone know if greenmangaming will add it to their bundle?

Sid Shuman ‏@sidshuman
Had a grand old time (as always) chatting with @IGLevine today for the Blogcast - I also made the biggest Freudian faux pas ever

I wonder when this will be posted on the playstation blog.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First Infinite then Kojima's GDC conference.

I don't know if my body can take this.

Took a crack at resizing "Falling" for iPhone 5 screens.

GkjmWxY.jpg

Heh. It's funny. If this were back in 2007 I would agree with you. At the time it released, BioShock was my favorite game of the year and my favorite game ever. I would've agreed with you maybe even all the way up until 2010. Nowadays I look back I realize I had more fun with The Orange Box, Super Mario Galaxy...and Halo 3. The was the single-player game I kept going back to. Sure, there's nothing as engrossing as Rapture, but Halo 3 was simply more fun to play.

I can see that, for sure. It's kind of like how it is with films. Some films can be a very powerful experience, but not something you are interested in revisiting. Or it just doesn't stand up as well on repeat viewings. Conversely, something that didn't have a huge impact at first can be very enjoyable to rewatch. Bioshock was certainly an unforgettable experience though!

The best game of 2007 was STALKER

I have Spring Break next week, so I'm also thinking about taking off work. Too much shit going on, with Infinite, Luigi's Mansion and Kojima. Just too much.

Vire

It's funny, I have this pre-ordered but I won't be using the pack it comes with at all.

I hate super powered guns ruining the game type thing.

I can see that, for sure. It's kind of like how it is with films. Some films can be a very powerful experience, but not something you are interested in revisiting. Or it just doesn't stand up as well on repeat viewings. Conversely, something that didn't have a huge impact at first can be very enjoyable to rewatch. Bioshock was certainly an unforgettable experience though!

The best game of 2007 was STALKER

Don't really agree with the movie analogy, but BioShock was (and is) a great game. That's why I'm here!

And because of Ken Levine.

waypoetic

Banned
That Songbird special edition, or the statue should i say - looks great. I don't think it'll be available where i live, only the Skyhook edition is up for pre-order here.

Don't really agree with the movie analogy, but BioShock was (and is) a great game. That's why I'm here!

And because of Ken Levine.

Oh really? Damn, I thought everyone had experiences like that with films. I'd say Children of Men is a good film equivalent for me. Good for a watch, probably two, but then I wouldn't want to watch it again for a long time.

No matter, we are all here for the right reasons!

I have Spring Break next week, so I'm also thinking about taking off work. Too much shit going on, with Infinite, Luigi's Mansion and Kojima. Just too much.

Yeah *not spoiler just something about me I swear*
yeah I know I have my first job interview on Thursday I am nervous as heck right now which is crazy is I could finish college and get a job from the time it took BioShock 1 to Infinite. I work part time too but this would be my first real job interview

Yeah *not spoiler just something about me I swear*
yeah I know I have my first job interview on Thursday I am nervous as heck right now which is crazy is I could finish college and get a job from the time it took BioShock 1 to Infinite. I work part time too but this would be my first real job interview

Haha! I START a new gig after three months of searching on the 25th. Gonna have to hope they don't keep me too late on the 26th. Study for your interview then play Infinite!

flake

Can't wait for this. Been on a complete media blackout after the initial trailer.
With that said, Im out! See you when the games out.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I know a lot of you have been requesting this, and it's finally here.

Here's the wallpaper version of the "Falling" art from our giant billboards.

Preview:
Falling_Desktop_1920x1200-186x110.jpg

Widescreen: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg

Standard: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg

Enjoy! I also uploaded it to BioShockInfinite.com's "Media" section if this post gets lost.
Any chance of a 2560 x 1400 version?

Thanks bro, I hope they post that interview with Ken soon on the ps blog.

Grab a semi nice folder/binder, throw like 3-5 resume copies in there, and bring a pen and a notebook. Take any notes while they talk that might be pertinent, and have some good questions lined up. You should be fine. Good luck!

Vire

Really interesting to hear Shawn Elliot talk about Exclusive Reviews in 2007, considering he is now working for Irrational and their game is the crown jewel of exclusives for IGN. It's pretty ironic that the publisher they talk about in the podcast is 2K.

He said in another thread, he maintains these same views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lqjHH-PDs#t=27m

Worth a listen!

Andrew.

Banned
Really interesting to hear Shawn Elliot talk about Exclusive Reviews in 2007, considering he is now working for Irrational and their game is the crown jewel of exclusives for IGN. It's pretty ironic that the publisher they talk about in the podcast is 2K.

He said in another thread, he maintains these same views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lqjHH-PDs#t=27m

Worth a listen!

Both guys sound the same. Who the fuck is Shawn

its like the same voice at three different pitches but its each from a different person.

Top Bottom