• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I hadn't watched those FGTV TV interviews till today and what really stood out to me was Ken's ability to communicate and sell the game to (what i presume to be) a totally uninitiated audience. Really clear, concise, and accessible.

Andrew.

Banned
I hadn't watched those FGTV TV interviews till today and what really stood out to me was Ken's ability to communicate and sell the game to (what i presume to be) a totally uninitiated audience. Really clear, concise, and accessible.

Whats so surprising is how comfortable, down to earth, honest and humble he is in front of the camera and within interviews. Always stickin to his guns, but doing it in a friendly, concise manner. I dont think hes come across as arrogant at all from everything I've seen.

x-Lundz-x

I wish I could speak with a quarter of the confidence and be as articulate. The man has swag.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Development issues aside, I have much hope for this game. It just resonates with me.

Here's hoping.

Same here. I hope there are enough moments of quiet exploration since everything I've seen of the combat looks iffy. Still, every time I see a shot of Columbia all I can think of is "I want to go to there." If the world, story, and characters deliver I'm looking forward to being swept into this world.

Vire

The hype levels here is a preview of when the HL3 OT thread is one day created :p

Great to see, I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations and a brilliant OT. Thanks to Cystm and contributers

Halo 3 and MGS4 was much more insane on GAF.

This is pretty good though.

I wish I could speak with a quarter of the confidence and be as articulate. The man has swag.

One thing I found funny is that I'm not sure the FGTV people were totally aware that Ken didnt work on BioShock 2. They kept showing clips from it too!

Halo 3 and MGS4 was much more insane on GAF.

This is pretty good though.

The high water mark of hype for me personally (hypewater mark? LOL) was MGS4 and I can't believe it but I think Infinite has surpassed it. Hope Infinite is a bit more satisfying...haha.

Dartastic

Hey Shawn, one thing that I'm really interested in is the emotional process that you must have gone through while making this game. As someone who would have been on the outside, I'm assuming that this is the type of game that you would have gone apeshit over. How does it feel to be a part of that process now, as opposed to critiquing it from the outside? I've always wondered how it would feel to actually not experience a game fresh like this because I helped create it.

Andrew.

Banned
I want to assure you all there will be no Yoshichan meltdowns nor will there be any TrickyIShadow Oprah .gifs from me.

Fantastic OP. I've been staying mostly in the dark about Bioshock as I want to play it without any knowledge of the story. I did manage to read about the development problems that this game was having, which they seemed to persevere through. It really seems that Ken Levine stresses the hell out of himself with every game he makes. Even though they always deliver.

RIP Halo 3.

The true golden age of Halo 3 hasn't even begun yet.

Coincidentally, it was the original Bioshock that runied Halo 3 single player for me. It just seemed so plain after the wonders of Rapture.

I can't believe it looks like Columbia might top Rapture as a location. I didn't think it was possible!

Syrinx

I HIGHLY doubt the twist will be a verbal cue. Irrational knows people are going to be listening for whatever they can.

Would be pretty disappointed if they went that route again. But they won't. I think.

I know a lot of you have been requesting this, and it's finally here.

Here's the wallpaper version of the "Falling" art from our giant billboards.

Preview:
Falling_Desktop_1920x1200-186x110.jpg

Widescreen: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg

Standard: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg

Enjoy! I also uploaded it to BioShockInfinite.com's "Media" section if this post gets lost.

Thanks for posting this!

Have you guys considered posting mobile versions of this? Like iPhone/iPad sizes?

Aint happenin girl. Sorry.

What the fuck is Songbird?
Fixed. :)
The true golden age of Halo 3 hasn't even begun yet.

Coincidentally, it was the original Bioshock that runied Halo 3 single player for me. It just seemed so plain after the wonders of Rapture.

I can't believe it looks like Columbia might top Rapture as a location. I didn't think it was possible!

Heh. It's funny. If this were back in 2007 I would agree with you. At the time it released, BioShock was my favorite game of the year and my favorite game ever. I would've agreed with you maybe even all the way up until 2010. Nowadays I look back I realize I had more fun with The Orange Box, Super Mario Galaxy...and Halo 3. The was the single-player game I kept going back to. Sure, there's nothing as engrossing as Rapture, but Halo 3 was simply more fun to play.

Top Bottom