• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Leaving work now.

Can someone prepare a detailed package of how to VPN this shit?

I'll expect it when I arrive home in an hour.

K, thx bye.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
But that's what being a PC gamer is all about.

It's kind of fun.

Also, beginning my playthrough right....... now. Maxed out settings, 2880x1620, 60fps, wide as fuck FoV...
deXh2v2m.jpg

I may need to bail out of this thread until I can finally play on Wednesday. My heart can't take it.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Quite the rollercoaster of emotions you've been on :p

Indeed. I was looking at it all the wrong way. You'll see what I mean.

That was completely unbelievable. I'm gonna drink in some of the richly deserved reviews then dive straight back in.

My performance complaints stand, on 360 towards the end the framerate gets very bad indeed. I didn't try unlocking framerate though.

If you can, this is something you have to experience on PC.

Phionoxx

regarding what I believe to be the first optional side quest
with the locked chest in a civilian residence, does anyone know where to find the key?

aravuus

Oh no, first ctd! Whatever, as long as they don't get too frequent.

I am fucking LOVING the game, everything just.. works. And it's so pretty I wish I could sleep with it

I have tried spotflux but I don't see an option to select a different server.
I have tried flyvpn or whatever it's called but for some reason it won't connect to any server.
Any other free VPN's to try?

Stark

Banned
Indeed. I was looking at it all the wrong way. You'll see what I mean.

That was completely unbelievable. I'm gonna drink in some of the richly deserved reviews then dive straight back in.

My performance complaints stand, on 360 towards the end the framerate gets very bad indeed. I didn't try unlocking framerate though.

If you can, this is something you have to experience on PC.

This is near the end I presume? and performance affects gameplay? damn. ;x

antitrop

Isn't it an unreal engine game? It shouldn't be that bad if it is.

I'm finding similar performance to many other Unreal Engine games, although not quite as ridiculous as say Dishonored or DmC. I couldn't get those games to run at anything less than 60fps no matter how much AA and downsampling I put on it. My GPU would crash first.

Just finalized my preorder from Gamestop for the songbird edition, manager said the box is "monstrous"

gonna be a long 11 hours and ten minute wait

But that's what being a PC gamer is all about.

It's kind of fun.

Also, beginning my playthrough right....... now. Maxed out settings, 2880x1620, 60fps, wide as fuck FoV...
Can't wait. The PC version will unlock here in 12 hours. But I'll be playing on medium-high settings at 1440x900 with an FOV where I can stick my face into the screen. Most important thing? m/kb. I missed them sweet thangs.

Damn. I'm dangerously close to succumbing to the hype. And I see that it supports 3D and Move on PS3?? Man.

Is there any word on whether 3D kills the frame rate or anything?

NAPK1NS

You fellas are making me nervous.

I'm packing a GTX460. I don't intend on playing with everything maxed, but obviously I hope it runs smooth while looking better than the consoles.

A lot of people have said the intro is the best part but I'm assuming you're enjoying it more after doing some significant progress?
I'm also hearing that the ending is pretty mindblowing.

omg.... the opening sequences are perhaps the best I've experienced in a game. One the violence started, it felt really good to play. But I have to stop... because i need to get back to work :(

Here's a spoiler free screenshot :p

Also, default UE3 bindings do not work :( Must look into ways to disable the HUD and other crap...

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
A lot of people have said the intro is the best part but I'm assuming you're enjoying it more after doing some significant progress?
I'm also hearing that the ending is pretty mindblowing.

Yes, without saying too much, I just think I was comparing Big Daddies to Handymen, Rapture to Columbia etc. all the time. Weighing one against the other wasn't the point. This is about different things altogether, and is ultimately more fulfilling for me. That's my initial reaction anyway. We'll see what happens when things die down.

There was just a moment of clarity for me.

Ohwiseone

Watching Adam Sessler Gush over this game really just sealed it for me.

He is speaking very highly of it. Going as far as putting it in the same Category of Half-Life.

I am so hyped and excited.

Derrick01

Banned
Watching Adam Sessler Gush over this game really just sealed it for me.

He is speaking very highly of it. Going as far as putting it in the same Category of Half-Life.

I am so hyped and excited.

If anything his review should make people roll their eyes and ignore it. The ridiculous things he was saying in that....my god.

I mean look at this shit

This moment, in its odd quietude and musical anachronism, is one of numerous tableau's in Bioshock Infinite that catapult this exhilarating meditation on identity, guilt, belief, narrative, revolution, race, national identity and eventually games themselves into a brilliant sensory symphony without precedent in the medium.

It is one of the most remarkable creative feats I have experienced.

Come on

Loaded it up, launched first time. Disabled VPN.. back on my original network "preload complete" damnit. All that effort for nothing. e. Ooooh offline mode. Neat.
How long?
A long time, the problem was I didn't have 30gb spare. I uninstalled some games and that sped it up. Now it's installed I have 18gb free that was previously used for games.

Any word on how linear this game is?

Can we explore more than Bioshock 1 and 2?
Can we revisit areas or are we basically going to get in a bathysphere and move on at the end of each level

Yes, without saying too much, I just think I was comparing Big Daddies to Handymen, Rapture to Columbia etc. all the time. Weighing one against the other wasn't the point. This is about different things altogether, and is ultimately more fulfilling for me. That's my initial reaction anyway. We'll see what happens when things die down.

There was just a moment of clarity for me.

OK, cool.

Is it too soon to ask whether the PS3 or 360 version has the upper hand in terms of graphics/performance?

Digital Foundry's article should be up sometime this week I imagine.

j-wood

Holy hell green man gaming...so is this worth it?

Almost ready to bite on Bioshock inifinte + 2 other games for 46 bucks

If anything his review should make people roll their eyes and ignore it. The ridiculous things he was saying in that....my god.

I mean look at this shit

Come on
It made me laugh. I think he's in love. The most important thing is to see how he talks about a few months after all the players start poking at the game. You're playing it soon, right?

antitrop

What do you speak of my friend.

It's exceedingly simple. Download FlyVPN, use the free trial username/pw they give you, pick one of the Korea servers to connect to, then log into Steam and it will finish downloading the last bits and then unpack the files. Then just play with Steam in offline mode until it officially releases in your region.

This post should just be on every page for today.

Dennis

Banned
I wasn't that keen on this game but I gotta say after reading the Review thread (especially Sesslers review) and hearing peoples impressions - I must play this game!

I was going to get this game anyway but Adam Sessler's review sealed the deal and got me excited about a video game again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchIi-vR_js

Yeah, I watched a chunk of it earlier. It's so full of hyperbole and interpretive spoilers I had to turn it off.

Edit: I had an example, but that might be too much for some, almost was for me. The point was, he compares the ending to two pieces of fiction, one film, one novel, which are considered by many in the top 10 of their respective media.

I guess I'll see for myself, I mostly read reviews out of academic pleasure. The only opinion that's gonna matter to me is my own after playing it.

Andrew.

Banned
6ncuaqv.jpg

Upon opening, the arm brace is broken in two spots =( However, Gorilla Glue is to the rescue it and should be fixed within the hour.

Any word on how linear this game is?

Can we explore more than Bioshock 1 and 2?
Can we revisit areas or are we basically going to get in a bathysphere and move on at the end of each level

I would expect a linear experience as far as exploration is concerned. It's just that type of game, and Bioshock has always done quite well at being that type of game.

Dylan

Aaaaand it turns out I have to give a presentation on nicotinic brain receptors tomorrow. GREAT! No Bioshock for me tonight : (

GAF, do you mind waiting 1 day to play this, so I don't feel left behind? I'll gift you hats.

Top Bottom