• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Andrew.

Banned
Picture is broken for me! :-O

edit: beaten. Exciting. Heard it was all plastic but still a replica worth the price.

It is all plastic, (aside from some faux leather it seems) and its extremely light, but its nice looking and will look great on my bookcase so thats all that matters to me.

The amount of detail put into it is pretty astounding.

antitrop

I will re-iterate this in this thread right now because it is so damn important.

If you are playing on PC, turning the Shadows from Ultra to Very High gave me +20-25fps instantly.

Yeah, I watched a chunk of it earlier. It's so full of hyperbole and interpretive spoilers I had to turn it off.

Edit: I had an example, but that might be too much for some, almost was for me. The point was, he compares the ending to two pieces of fiction, one film, one novel, which are considered by many in the top 10 of their respective media.

I guess I'll see for myself, I mostly read reviews out of academic pleasure. The only opinion that's gonna matter to me is my own after playing it.

My biggest issue with the review was NO dislikes. I mean regardless of how well you love the narrative or themes, how can you say there is nothing to dislike. Not even any glitches? Not the weaker textures on consoles? Nothing? NOTHING? That's the biggest issue for me, and I'm fairly more open to games in general for their enjoyment but I always point out some flaws, regardless how much I love it.

It is all plastic, (aside from some faux leather it seems) and its extremely light, but its nice looking and will look great on my bookcase so thats all that matters to me.

If it'll make you feel better, I bought a CE for LBP2 because it was the same price as the game alone. It came with this plush sackboy that was so cheaply made and was sitting under something else in the box for so long that it looked more like the Peanut Butter Jelly Time Banana guy than Sackboy.

If it'll make you feel better, I bought a CE for LBP2 because it was the same price as the game alone. It came with this plush sackboy that was so cheaply made and was sitting under something else in the box for so long that it looked more like the Peanut Butter Jelly Time Banana guy than Sackboy.
I think NECA actually did a really good job with the skyhook replica. Now we wait for the hardcore fan with a metal shop to see the real one. Bwahahahaa

edit: didn't know about the broken piece. That's disappointing.

Andrew.

Banned

lol it's cool, im not upset at all since I can fix it. If the thing was smashed apart and stuff then yeah Id pretty pissed. This is no big deal.

I will re-iterate this in this thread right now because it is so damn important.

If you are playing on PC, turning the Shadows from Ultra to Very High gave me +20-25fps instantly.

I was wondering about that, figured there would be a significant performance hit.

Is there anyone here with an early PS3 copy that has played this game with the Move? Preferably someone that has enjoyed Move before. How is it? The reviews are mostly worthless as no one is talking about it.

sflufan

Banned
For those of you playing the PC version, can you confirm that it's now checkpoints/auto-save only as opposed to quicksave/save-anywhere from the original game?

ezekial45

Banned
For those that have completed the game (songs spoiler) --
Does the song 'Everybody Wants to Rule The World' from Tears for Fears still make an appearance in the game? I know that 'God Only Knows' pops up in the game, as far as 'future music' in Columbia goes.

For those of you playing the PC version, can you confirm that it's now checkpoints/auto-save only as opposed to quicksave/save-anywhere from the original game?

Haven't started it yet but from the reviews I've read and impressions here looks like it's checkpoints/auto-save only.

B33

Banned
Due to a mishap, I actually had two codes for the Industrial Revolution puzzle game to give away. I already handed one out (yesterday). The other one follows below.

7DDP-FDQ3-CJ86-LJKM

Remember: it's for the puzzle game Industrial Revolution (not BioShock Infinite).

Edit: Claimed!

Andrew.

Banned
Does the song 'Everybody Wants to Rule The World' from Tears for Fears still make an appearance in the game? I know that 'God Only Knows' pops up in the game, as far as 'future music' in Columbia goes.

dude take that shit to the spoiler thread. jesus christ. good thing i avoided reading it when i quoted it.

DatDude

Banned

Um there's more besides that ;)

Due to a mishap, I actually had two codes for the Industrial Revolution puzzle game to give away. I already handed one out (yesterday). The other one follows below.

7DDP-FDQ3-CJ86-LJKM

Remember: it's for the puzzle game Industrial Revolution (not BioShock Infinite).

Thanks!

Axiom

Aussie here, I'm heading to bed now and I feel I've barely done anything. I spent so much time just taking it all in, combat happening was just a downer.

I really wish I could just explore this place and experience the story without having to shoot anybody myself.
But I'm an anomaly, I just wish I could stick combat on auto-pilot and leave all the finding stuff and looking around in-between to me.

It is just so gorgeously crafted, and I didn't want my aversion to shooters to allow me to miss out on this like I did the first Bioshock. That was a story I should have experienced and not read about.

Tempted to bust it down to easy so I don't even have to think about it, but it's not been hard.

From every viewpoint I can think of, the city itself and the way its presented has just been superlative and above and beyond anything I've ever experienced in any game. I'm reminded of that feeling of emerging from the prison/vault in a Bethesda RPG and you're given this world on a platter yours to explore...except the entire game so far has been that moment, because there isn't a corner (and I'm looking in all of them) that doesn't seem crafted and thought out. This isn't the first game I can say that about, but in terms of success it's comparing a good meal to a dish created by an amazing chef - there's just a flavour and richness to everything.

The lack of being able to save at will on PC is utterly baffling however, no matter how beautiful it looks, and has already led me to replaying a portion of the opening twice.

Aussie here, I'm heading to bed now and I feel I've barely done anything. I spent so much time just taking it all in, combat happening was just a downer.

I really wish I could just explore this place and experience the story without having to shoot anybody myself.
But I'm an anomaly, I just wish I could stick combat on auto-pilot and leave all the finding stuff and looking around in-between to me.

It is just so gorgeously crafted, and I didn't want my aversion to shooters to allow me to miss out on this like I did the first Bioshock. That was a story I should have experienced and not read about.

Tempted to bust it down to easy so I don't even have to think about it, but it's not been hard.

From every viewpoint I can think of, the city itself and the way its presented has just been superlative and above and beyond anything I've ever experienced in any game. I'm reminded of that feeling of emerging from the prison/vault in a Bethesda RPG and you're given this world on a platter yours to explore...except the entire game so far has been that moment, because there isn't a corner (and I'm looking in all of them) that doesn't seem crafted and thought out. This isn't the first game I can say that about, but in terms of success it's comparing a good meal to a dish created by an amazing chef - there's just a flavour and richness to everything.

*Looks at watch*
*Kills himself*

Anyone playing it feel the skyhooks are a bit off? I mean they're awesome to fly around on and everything, it's incredibly thrilling, but Booker seems to leap like 40 feet to get to them sometimes.

antitrop

The intro to this game and the introduction to Columbia is making me a bit emotional in its majesty.

I may be regressing to a teenage girl.

*Looks at watch*
*Kills himself*

*prints picture out and drops it in casket*

joXaCHh9c9BJY.png

augmental

Anyone playing it feel the skyhooks are a bit off? I mean they're awesome to fly around on and everything, it's incredibly thrilling, but Booker seems to leap like 40 feet to get to them sometimes.

I was wondering the same things after watching the IGN video review. Booker acts like he has bootjets or something.

j-wood

I was going to wait for a steam sale...but green man gaming just took my money.

Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock, Spec Ops: The Line, and XCOM for $45 bucks? YES PLEASE. How do they stay in business?

There won't be anything weird about these games with me being in USA right? I noticed some of the keys were "world wide" editions.

Top Bottom