• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

CrazyDude

So Andrew, what is the next game you are going to be hyped for? I mean life will be pretty empty with Bioshock out of the way.

Angry Fork

Really sad I can't play this at launch. Bioshock was my favorite game this gen, I loved part 2 as well, got all the trophies for both of them (minus multiplayer). Have been waiting so long for this.

But something is wrong with either my CPU or GPU and I haven't been able to figure it out. I can't afford the game right now anyway though so it's out of my hands. Hopefully I can avoid spoilers on here over the coming months. I'm particularly annoyed because I've heard there's an anarcho-communist main group within the game and really want to see how Ken has depicted them, hopefully he's been fair but I'll have to wait and see.

Andrew.

Banned
The Last of Us.

Right, Andrew?

Yup.

Im really not that psyched about TLOU. I mean, Im fully prepared, and I love ND, but BioShock is different. It has a different meaning to me.

Edit: The uncanny amount of sarcastic shit love you guys give me is uncanny.

Also Prey being a 9 is hilarious.

It's a bit high, but remember how the gaming ladscape was in 2006. People were eager for decent 360 games, and Prey had plenty of novel concepts.

Prey 2 is my most hyped game after Bioshock Infinite. If it's even alive. STALKER 2 would be on top but, well...

dreamfall

This is going to be so grand. We've been waiting an eternity, and it's right around the corner.

Any word on a Steam Pre-load, or the size of the game?

zkylon

zkylewd
Really sad I can't play this at launch. Bioshock was my favorite game this gen, I loved part 2 as well, got all the trophies for both of them (minus multiplayer). Have been waiting so long for this.

But something is wrong with either my CPU or GPU and I haven't been able to figure it out. I can't afford the game right now anyway though so it's out of my hands. Hopefully I can avoid spoilers on here over the coming months. I'm particularly annoyed because I've heard there's an anarcho-communist main group within the game and really want to see how Ken has depicted them, hopefully he's been fair but I'll have to wait and see.
yeah that's where a big part of my excitement is headed too.

Ithil

I know a lot of you have been requesting this, and it's finally here.

Here's the wallpaper version of the "Falling" art from our giant billboards.

Preview:
Falling_Desktop_1920x1200-186x110.jpg

Widescreen: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg

Standard: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg

Enjoy! I also uploaded it to BioShockInfinite.com's "Media" section if this post gets lost.

I very much need a 1920 X 1080 version.

Yup.

Im really not that psyched about TLOU. I mean, Im fully prepared, and I love ND, but BioShock is different. It has a different meaning to me.

Edit: The uncanny amount of sarcastic shit love you guys give me is uncanny.

Don't forget the Ken-written DLC, dude. Something really nice to look forward to.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't worry, I'll be the one with the mental breakdown with the first 8.

why so low

Yep.

I do hope we get another UC3 type review thread for this game or Last of Us. I didn't pay attention to that thread until after everyone went nuts.

Prey is a perfect example of games that seem better than they really are because of that new "next-gen shine".

Always the way it seems.

I remember every generation thinking "Wow, this is awesome! And look how real that looks!"

I'm such a tool.

I look back at Tomb Raider 1 now and it all looks like a scrambled VHS recording. On EP.

I do hope we get another UC3 type review thread for this game or Last of Us. I didn't pay attention to that thread until after everyone went nuts.

The Uncharted debacle is still fresh in peoples minds, so I think they will be more reasonable this time around. I even expect this game to get a few 7's from snarky reviewers who will go on some "games should be games and focus on fun instead of trying to tell a story blah blah" diatribe.

If there are 6's I will flip tables

Vire

Dont toy with me, woman.

He is only part of 2 out of the 3. We will see.

Are you an Ashley Johnson fan? I cant see her past Growing Pains.

I wasn't real familiar with her before the Avengers to be honest, but I was impressed with her performance so far in all the behind the scenes stuff.

Definitely better than most games. Troy Baker is great too aside from his work in FF13. ;)

papercamm

I know a lot of you have been requesting this, and it's finally here.

Here's the wallpaper version of the "Falling" art from our giant billboards.

Preview:
Falling_Desktop_1920x1200-186x110.jpg

Widescreen: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg

Standard: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/images/media/downloads/Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg

Enjoy! I also uploaded it to BioShockInfinite.com's "Media" section if this post gets lost.
excellent! My desktop has been needing a bit of color.

antitrop

We can still be friends, Andrew, but we'll never talk about FFXIII. Unless it's about the combat system, because I liked that.

B33

Banned
Andrew, can we send each other exclamatory remarks and confer about our experiences as we play through BioShock Infinite on the PS3?

Only a handful of my friends own a PlayStation 3, and they aren't buying BioShock Infinite.

Andrew.

Banned
We are no longer friends.

Fuck that shit man. I liked the change and I've grown up with that series since VII. That game made me skip school deliberately when I was 16. First time ever. Thank god I could drive and both of my parents worked during the day.

Fuck that shit man. I liked the change and I've grown up with that series since VII. That game made me skip school deliberately when I was 16. First time ever. Thank god I could drive and both of my parents worked during the day.

VII was the reason I didn't play the series again until XI.

So there's four of you? You, Shinta, and who else?

antitrop

It'd be pretty funny if Andrew ends up hating the game.

I honestly don't even know where my expectations currently are, or where they should be. I replayed BioShock last summer, and I started System Shock 2 today (I'll finish it before the weekend is over). I'm trying to process it all together, the relationship between it all.

This game is a peculiar one.

papercamm

Andrew, can we send each other exclamatory remarks and confer about our experiences as we play through BioShock Infinite on the PS3?

Only a handful of my friends own a PlayStation 3, and they aren't buying BioShock Infinite.

I'm also getting it on PS3. At least it has Move support!

antitrop

Should be? Not knocking you, but I found that particular part of your post strange.
Roundabout way of saying I haven't been following the media on this game as closely as I should have been.

I'm going in rather blind, I've really only seen the trailers and a few Levine interviews. I don't even know the plot. I just know there's an old guy with a shotgun that can attach to rails or something, and he has to protect a pretty girl in a blue dress who will probably end up being the most endearing character of the year.

Something like that.

Sorian

Banned
Roundabout way of saying I haven't been following the media on this game as closely as I should have been.

I'm going in rather blind, I've really only seen the trailers and a few Levine interviews. I don't even know the plot. I just know there's an old guy with a shotgun that can attach to rails or something, and he has to protect a pretty girl in a blue dress who will probably end up being the most endearing character of the year.

Something like that.

That's uh.....yeah you're definately going in blind alright.

Andrew.

Banned

My PSN is in my profile. Hit me up for ultimate exclamation goodness

That post would turn me on.

I barely know you man. You're an anime avatar.

Amir0x

Banned
Honestly I am pretty blind too

I only saw the very first CG trailer and part of the gameplay clip that had Elizabeth
opening up a portal to the 1980s
... and then I saw that mock documentary clip about Columbia, which didn't even have any in-game footage.

Edit: Nevermind I also remember seeing a trailer with some cool song in it.

Other than that I know that there is a prophet named Comstock who runs the place and that there is skyhooks..

of course I also know the city floats and shit but beyond such basic details I've tried to keep myself blessedly blind. The Bioshock series to me has been defined by the experience of traveling through these amazing worldscapes, so I don't want it spoiled for me.

antitrop

That's uh.....yeah you're definately going in blind alright.

I played the first Bioshock 100% blind. It came out while I was deployed overseas and I played it as soon as I got back in that October. I wasn't aware of its existence until then, it was a pleasant surprise.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Something like that.

Ahh, gotcha. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm purposefully limiting my exposure to this game as much as I can. Sounds like I know a bit more than you though. Like the girl's name for one.

Top Bottom