• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

S1kkZ

Nope. Might not be to some people's liking but its far from the same. Another animal entirely.

pretty much. loved the combat in infinite, huge improvement over bs 1. i also loved most of the combat situations/set-ups.

but that one area later on..man, so bad...

Darklord

Banned
I feel like this game is slowly starting to get worse performance. It ran perfectly at the start but seems to be dropping framerate and hitching up. At weird times too like looking at a door.

Also, hearing girls just wanna have fun is weeeeeird!

Zeliard

Cost skyrockets and you need that cash to spend on more important upgrades and items. Still living enemies return to full hp. Dead foes don't respawn though. In short you cant play like shit and cheese a fight. You win fair and square or you go broke and eventually have to reload.

Is anybody else going with 1999 on their first go or is it just me? Get on board fuckers.

FartOfWar

Banned
Memorable. Not to sound like a broken record... One of the main reasons I bought this game was because of the music and ambient sounds. Hallelujah.

I was thinking the same thing. Must be some strong magnets.

They're even stronger than the water tentacles that come out of your hands. Even stronger than the crows that fly from your fingers. Even stronger than your arm sockets.

Cost skyrockets and you need that cash to spend on more important upgrades and items. Still living enemies return to full hp. Dead foes don't respawn though. In short you cant play like shit and cheese a fight. You win fair and square or you go broke and eventually have to reload.

I see, thanks.

I'll probably just reload unless it autosaves when you die though.

solarus

Memorable. Not to sound like a broken record... One of the main reasons I bought this game was because of the music and ambient sounds. Hallelujah.

I was thinking the same thing. Must be some strong magnets.

I wrote a bit about it a page or so back.

I would say it's the greatest strength of Infinite. Sherman's OST pieces are sublime. Full of emotion and depth, while never sounding to samey. He uses alot of variety.

While at the same time, there's a great mix of period music as well similar to Rapture.

On top of that you have great renditions, and I mean just awesome unique renditions of the special future pieces.

Honestly, this is probably the great "music" game this generation imo. That or RDR. But I'm leaning towards this simply because of the orchestrated pieces I think are much greater here, and the genuine unique future pieces are just sublime to listen to.

But yeah A++++ as far as music goes.
I'm a little over 2 hours in (taking my sweet, sweeeeet time and soaking in all the details) and most people will probably be much further than I am at the play time, but so far it's nearly unmatched in any video game.

I don't even want to mention specifics, because the way the sound is integrated into the game really must be experienced without spoiler. Even just knowing what songs are in the game would be too much.

They achieved something extraordinarily special, here. At least in the opening hours.

Yes! This is what I wanted to hear. I love the art direction for the game, a great OST and sound design is just going to make it even more immersive.

DatDude

Banned
I feel like this game is slowly starting to get worse performance. It ran perfectly at the start but seems to be dropping framerate and hitching up. At weird times too like looking at a door.

Also, hearing girls just wanna have fun is weeeeeird!

c'mon spoiler tag that shit dude.

ekim

This game... Played it 3 hours straight now and so far everything is perfect. I haven't seen such beautiful vistas since Halo 4 and it looks and plays good on the 360 when installed. No texture problems so far and frame rate is stable (although I disabled vsync).
Best thing until now was the beginning and the
introduction of Elizabeth

DatDude

Banned
No, this definitely feels like a Bioshock game.

No I mean, it does feel like a bioshock game.

But Bioshock 1 wasn't called System Shock: Bioshock it was just simply Bioshock.

Same here. This sounds corny, but I think I honestly would've preferred Irrational to call this AeroShock instead.

Bioshock: Infinite just sounds just as bad as Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance lol.

gdt

People spoilers! Any way a few hours in. Just got to the first gunfight in
battleship bay
. Absolutely loving it so far. The musics and atmosphere are unmatched. Looks stunning. Been snapping pics all say.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
No I mean, it does feel like a bioshock game.

But Bioshock 1 wasn't called System Shock: Bioshock it was just simply Bioshock.

Same here. This sounds corny, but I think I honestly would've preferred Irrational to call this AeroShock instead.

Bioshock: Infinite just sounds just as bad as Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance lol.

If they could have called it SS3 they might have. But they dont own the rights to the name System Shock.

antitrop

I remapped ADS to Right-click and Vigors to Middle click. Seems a bit more natural that way, I wasted my Salt so much early on by accident.

If people are annoyed so much they should stop engaging him in conversation instead of making page upon page discussing his opinions, which arent even that surprising or rare. He just posts a lot.
Definitely is a lot of posts in such a time frame. I'm not very conclusive on what to do. I'd rather like to see Tom be more constructive, like maybe show how to fix the issues.

I agree. I personally feel as if the context fit that scenario that lead to the violence.
I'm one in the jarring violence camp.
Then the next thing I did was kill policeman, which I still felt were just doing their job to stop me. I think that's what got me the most after that head breaker moment. I was like wtf?
It was the same feeling I got when I played Tomb Raider, but TR went a different path to reach that end.

antitrop

Anyone else feel like the highest FOV setting still isn't enough?

It's not.

Open up XUserOptions.ini in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config

Change these settings to these values:

FieldOfView=1.500000
MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent=45.000000

Then save the file and set it to Read Only.

DatDude

Banned
Definitely is a lot of posts in such a time frame. I'm not very conclusive on what to do. I'd rather like to see Tom be more constructive, like maybe show how to fix the issues.

I'm one in the jarring violence camp.
Then the next thing I did was kill policeman, which I still felt were just doing their job to stop me. I think that's what got me the most after that head breaker moment. I was like wtf?
It was the same feeling I got when I played Tomb Raider, but TR went a different path to reach that end.

Yeah, but if Booker gets arrested than he can never get the chance to save elizabeth and pay off his debt.

I don't think it'd be a good risk to go with Aeroshock with the amount of money they're pouring into this game.

Remember when they were going to get rid of the "Call of Duty" from the Modern Warfare games, and a lot of people didn't know what it was?

Dylan

Wow, so much praise already! Now we just need some republican Senator to publicly take issue with the game so that it can be elevated to god-tier success.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wow, so much praise already! Now we just need some republican Senator to publicly take issue with the game so that it can be elevated to god-tier success.

I'll be waiting for the LTTP threads for saner discussion.

DatDude

Banned
Anyone know how many endings this game have? I'm scared to google the answer with spoilers lurking around.

Just
1 complete ending. It's complete. No plot holes. No cliff hangers. And there's stuff after the credits to so don't skip them

I told you the answer..no spoilers regarding the ending^

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

I actually think that would be awesome.

We need everyone to pose as concerned citizens and send angry letters! Do it now!

SRTtoZ

Traded some JUNK in at gamestop, got a ton of store credit, bought a steam gift card and preordered some other stuff, loaded up steam, 100% preloaded, ready for midnight.

I'm ready to max this baby out.

They're even stronger than the water tentacles that come out of your hands. Even stronger than the crows that fly from your fingers. Even stronger than your arm sockets.
Haha. I think get your point. Steer me clear of fan fiction territory. That's when it's too late.

DatDude

Banned
Then don't read this thread if you're that sensitive to any details at all.

I know dude. But the mods made a really strict policy when it came to spoilers for this thread.

Perma Ban first, ask questions later.

Just looking out for you, because I know some people can be extremely spoiler sensitive when it comes to narrative heavy games like Bioshock Infinite and such.

Lol @ people complaining about bioshocks gameplay. I loved it. The guns and weapons had a great weight and feel to them. There were some cool powers and interesting ways to off enemies.

I feel like its a case of being different since most people loved bioshock. Typical neogaf but whatever. My dong is fully erect for tonight when the game unlocks!

Top Bottom