• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I should stop now. I might end up on the wall of shame. Work and GAF really don't mix well.

Yeah, but if Booker gets arrested than he can never get the chance to save elizabeth and pay off his debt.
I see. I think that threw me off since busting skulls was never in my personal set of choices. One thing I have to mention... Once I got indoctrinated into the ultraviolence, I was good to go. Took about an hour.

My favorite part is when she says Hallelujah, and you see the air ships passing by in the deep spring blue sky.

Made me tear up honest to god.
The transition from creepy robot lady to me taking a sip of beverage was an unexpected touch.

Storm360

Anyone else still waiting for a AMD code? Starting to feel forgotten about.

OT (slightly): I assume I won't get Xcom through the code right? Trying to find a cheap copy through traders.

My BioShock Infinite is done pre-loading, at 14.9 GB. Didn't I read that the HD texture pack automatically downloaded afterwards? I can't see how to get it. Some help please?

Is there a soundtrack release planned? Is it going to include (music spoilers)
all of the anachronistic pop song covers in the game?

mitheor

Steam game unlocked 4 hours ago. Been playing non-stop since that moment.

I haven´t feel this ingame since ... probably never. OMG, i´m in love with this. Kevin, you did it.

Amazon still hasn't shipped, wtf.

(PS3 version for release day deliver with Prime)

In my experience, how Amazon tends to do release date-delivery, is that they'll ship it on Monday night with One-Day Shipping, even though you're only paying the price of Two-Day Shipping. So don't freak out.

Moff

ok, I like the game now.

leveldesign does indeed get better. railing up and down in a kind of openly designed enviroment is fun. gameplay is ok, plasmids are fun, I hate the 2weapon restricition though.

but the art design is still beyond awesome, wow. this is one of the most beautiful games I ever played. and elizabeth is probably the least annoying sidekick ever.

gossi

The "Ultra" texture pack is 10gb and in the main game preload. (It's decompressed when installed).

Played first two hours. This game is really something else. It's on another level most of the time.

DatDude

Banned
Does anyone else think that Elizabeth might take over if not be a good number 2 to Alyx in Half LIfe 2 in terms of ai companions?

gossi

Anybody lacking AMD code - check your spam folder in email. Gmail and the like often puts their unlock codes in spam.

Does anyone else think that Elizabeth might take over if not be a good number 2 to Alyx in Half LIfe 2 in terms of ai companions?

You mean as a character, or in terms of how you interact with her? Because all signs point to Elizabeth being way better in terms of the latter.

Lakitu

st5fu
Only 1 more day... tomorrow my copy arrives. Cannot wait!

So it sounds like exploration / level design is on par with the original Bioshock?

abundant

In my experience, how Amazon tends to do release date-delivery, is that they'll ship it on Monday night with One-Day Shipping, even though you're only paying the price of Two-Day Shipping. So don't freak out.

It depends on where your package was shipped from. I live in New Mexico. When a package is shipped from Arizona, it won't be shipped until late Monday, whereas if it is shipped from somewhere in the east, it will be shipped late Sunday.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My Amazon order just updated to "Shipping Soon" and it has overnight shipping on it. I may wind up getting it tomorrow yet!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Drivers updated, got my headphones out, got some sparkling water in the fridge, got my weird wool hoodcloak thing I wear and some pajama pants all laid out. LOL, I'm ready to play this shit the second I get home from work tonight. BOOM.

leng jai

Going to pick up my PC copy soon. I bought it retail because I wanted the steelbook.

Two questions:

1. How is the gunplay?
2. How is the sound mix?

kadotsu

Banned
Two more hours! Just got my official Sucker™ (Seasonpass) key from GMG. I haven't followed this thread closely, has Shawn Elliott mentioned on which parts he worked?

You're possibly the only person in the world who looks at amazing rave reviews and those actually turn you off playing a game.

So it's hyperbolic. Doesn't that mean the reviewers are going crazy over the game?

The Rev3 review likened BioShock Infinite's climax to a film and play each considered by many to be in the top 10 works of their respective categories in the last 100 years.

I appreciate that hyperbole can come from an authentic place and can excite some people, but it comes across to some of us as nothing but intellectual proselytizing. Hence its ability to be a bit of a turnoff.

DatDude

Banned
Only 1 more day... tomorrow my copy arrives. Cannot wait!

So it sounds like exploration / level design is on par with the original Bioshock?

yup pretty much.

I'd say a bit more so since columbia is more open, and a bit more bright and a bit more beautiful than rapture dreary dark corridors.

DatDude

Banned
The Rev3 review likened BioShock Infinite's climax to a film and play each considered by many to be in the top 10 works of their respective categories in the last 100 years.

I appreciate that hyperbole can come from an authentic place and can excite some people, but it comes across to some of us as nothing but intellectual proselytizing. Hence its ability to be a bit of a turnoff.

but it's his opinion. why does it matter what he liked to compare it to.

gossi

VPN - read all the previous posts explaining it? Basically, Google FlyVPN, use it to connect to an asia server, unlock on Steam, start game, quit, set steam to offline mode, disconnect FlyVPN, job done.

antitrop

The people who says that the combat in Infinite isn't much better, or different, than Bioshock really need to replay Bioshock.

Because it is. Substantially. I'm having so much fun combining Vigors, Melee finishers, Skyhook assaults and just straight up shooting. Bioshock 1 never had anything close to this kind of variety or depth. And I'm still in the early hours.

Also the environmental design allows for more strategic approaches to each situation than the rather straightforward nature of Bioshock 1. Not to mention that the AI of these enemies is far better than the "run straight at you" Splicers.

moop1167

VPN - read all the previous posts explaining it? Basically, Google FlyVPN, use it to connect to an asia server, unlock on Steam, start game, quit, set steam to offline mode, disconnect FlyVPN, job done.

I am not familiar with this stuff. Where do I find an Aus/NZ server to connect to?

Top Bottom