• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

This has probably been asked but how do the graphics on 360 compare to the first one? All this "bad textures" and bad FOV talk has me worried.

Nothing short of amazing. Some flat textures and slight performance issues but nothing that takes me out of the atmosphere. Definitely one of the better looking titles and one that I rate in my Top 5 as best art direction this generation.

BraXzy

So how got their GMG key yet?

I got a rather confusing email yesterday with the subject: "Your BioShock Infinite Pre-Purchase prepurchase"

Not only does that sound like an announcement for an announcement, it mentions in the first line or two about Fink Manufacturing, and having the keys by March 26. At the bottom are three keys: XCOM, Fink mini game and Infinite.

So double check your emails ^^

Nothing short of amazing. Some flat textures and slight performance issues but nothing that takes me out of the atmosphere. Definitely one of the better looking titles and one that I rate in my Top 5 as best art direction this generation.

Ahh nice! Cant fokin wait!!! Thanks

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
GMG: £23.99 includes, Bioshock Infinite, Industrial Revolution, Bioshock1, Xcom and one other game (Mafia2, Darkness2, Civ V, Spec Ops the Line or Bioshock 2)

Wait...what the hell? How are you guys finding these deals? Is there any way in the US to get the game for less than 59?

This game has a very stupid save system. I got to the point where I reached Elizabeth and shut down my game. Upon starting again the game sets me back like 20 minutes before, completely neglecting everything I have done.

Is this random or is the checkpoint system pretty far apart in some levels?

I think that was done to address complaints that BS1 was too easy because checkpoints/vita-chambers were everywhere

Makes it annoying when you want to steal a unique weapon/Gear and half of Columbia comes after you, but restarting sets you back so far

(addendum: I will be crucified for this, but it is amazing how much this game reminds me of FFXIII.
Giant isolated civilization in the sky where all of the citizens act brainwashed and are completely dependent on the government to tell them how to live, the "magic" is a malevolent force that destroys your body, main villain is obsessed with prophecy and instrumentality to the point of religious dogma, most dangerous opponents are sentient robots, Elizabeth is basically Serah from XIII-2,
etc.)

munroe

I got a rather confusing email yesterday with the subject: "Your BioShock Infinite Pre-Purchase prepurchase"

Not only does that sound like an announcement for an announcement, it mentions in the first line or two about Fink Manufacturing, and having the keys by March 26. At the bottom are three keys: XCOM, Fink mini game and Infinite.

So double check your emails ^^

I ordered it around 7pm GMT tonight, got my keys straight away. Have a check on your keys section in your account to see if it's appeared there.

So there's one thing I couldn't help but notice (not really a spoiler but you can't be careful enough around here)
The first dead body of a coloured person I encountered in the Vox Populi den had some cash on him and a banana. Hadn't found a banana up until that point

But maybe I'm just reading too much into it

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Saw the offer on Greenman Gaming (Bioshock Infinite + Bioshock +Xcom+ (Mafia 2)) all for £23.99, absolutely a great price. Got my keys straight away, just pre-loading now on Steam.

In the UK, Steam: £29.99 includes, Bioshock Infinite, Industrial Revolution game, Bioshock1, TF2 items and XCom

GMG: £23.99 includes, Bioshock Infinite, Industrial Revolution, Bioshock1, Xcom and one other game (Mafia2, Darkness2, Civ V, Spec Ops the Line or Bioshock 2)

Personally GMG has a much better deal, The lower price seals it, but the fact I get another game and not some TF2 stuff is even better

Ah, GMG's base price isn't any cheaper here in the US or I'd probably feel the same. But I don't particularly need the extra bonus game, and I feel like the TF2 hats have the potential worth of higher than $15.

I think that was done to address complaints that BS1 was too easy because checkpoints/vita-chambers were everywhere

Makes it annoying when you want to steal a unique weapon/Gear and half of Columbia comes after you, but restarting sets you back so far

Guess I have to get used to that. I do not remember a game that has checkpoints so far apart. I was literally doing a shit ton of stuff in those 20 minutes. Collecting gear and traversing the skyline and after restarting I had to do it all over again.

Guess Who

Banned
So there's one thing I couldn't help but notice (not really a spoiler but you can't be careful enough around here)
The first dead body of a coloured person I encountered in the Vox Populi den had some cash on him and a banana. Hadn't found a banana up until that point

But maybe I'm just reading too much into it

There are definitely bananas before then.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Something grinds my computer to a dead halt for a good minute when I get to the Heads or Tails people at the beginning. That happen to anyone else?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Gentlemen,

Gumbo's
gameplay walkthrough is back up. If anyone else is looking for gameplay vids, I suggest loading these and pausing them for later, in case he makes them private again, or they get taken down.

Friendly PSA.

Lucid07

Quick question, do I need to have played any of the other Bioshocks? I have finished one, but only got round to playing the start of two and never got any further, will I be able to understand the story?

surly

Banned
This has probably been asked but how do the graphics on 360 compare to the first one? All this "bad textures" and bad FOV talk has me worried.
I played a few minutes of the 360 version today. I don't think it looks as good as the first game, although I haven't played the 360 version of the first game in a long time. It didn't look like crap or anything and I didn't experience any screen tearing, but the overall image quality isn't that impressive IMO (taking into account the hardware). I'm still waiting for the PC version to unlock on Steam, so I can't say how it compare to that, nor the PS3 version.

UberTag

ANy word on PS3/360 port quality?
All of the framerate concerns towards the end of the game and the overwhelming slant towards PC reviews, has me (without a capable gaming PC rig) pondering waiting on this title and hoping for some launch day version on PS4/Durango that suffers from no such issues.

ezekial45

Banned
I won't be able to play this until Friday. GDC is going to keep me busy all week long.
LLShC.gif

Guess I have to get used to that. I do not remember a game that has checkpoints so far apart. I was literally doing a shit ton of stuff in those 20 minutes. Collecting gear and traversing the skyline and after restarting I had to do it all over again.

They're ridiculously sparse. I played for 90 minutes and only saw 3

I feel like I'm playing FFX

Nothing yet. And don't trust fans with the "PS3/360 version looks great". They always want to proclaim their system of choice version like it was Jesus himself.

What kind of lame answer is this? I know it when I play a terrible game both in the graphical and performance departement, and this game is not it. Sure it has its framerate issues and its fair share of flat textures but nowhere does it scream "terrible" in my eyes.

But go ahead. Call me a PS3/360 fanboy because I can not clearly see what is terrible and what is not.

Sblargh

Banned
I just noticed it is unpacking. What does it mean? I don't any estimated time for it to complete. Is it really doing something?

Top Bottom