• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Muffdraul

That sounds really gimmicky. Unless the original sound mix is bad, or the Pulse headphones are bad, why mess with the original mix? But I guess it's a nice gesture from Irrational, showing that they care about the PS3 experience this time around.

Pulse Elites are great! Or at least, I thought they were until I finally got my first pair of Astro A40s w/ mixamp last week. I feel like a deaf man who's been healed by Jesus Christ.

Argh. I could be playing this right now but I'm still torn on which version to choose.

I don't want to buy it on PC only to have it look and run like crap on my system.
But I don't want to buy it on PS3/360 and have it look and run like crap on my system.

Where is the fucking DEMO? The first game had a demo. :(

It's still bullshit though as my biggest concern is quitting without knowing how much progress I could lose if I wasn't being attention to checkpoint notifications, actually this makes it somewhat worse as in a game like Call of Duty if I die then... hey, I know what I lost, I can just quit right there and come back later. It's why I fucking HATE the way this has become the standard, and in completely fucking stupid ways to given that it's really no good at all for exploration based games that aren't cleanly divided into stages or anything. Can I at least have the option to hard save even if it's just reloading from the "vita-chamber" or whatever?
If you quit, the game mentions at what time it saved last. Just don't turn it off right away. It's a non-issue for me

Eusis

So what are the differences between Bioshock 1 (asides from setting)? I kinda got bored from Bioshock 1, wondering if there's been any big changes.
Sounds to me like this one's more cinematic, which isn't something I'm particularly happy with, though even putting aside AAA concerns the fact that the last part of Bioshock was the least liked while Bioshock 2 was generally considered inferior, despite being both being strong gameplay-wise, is probably why this one's more cinematic (well, I consider Bioshock's end part kind of annoying, so I think that's part of the problem with the poor reception to the endgame.)
If you quit, the game mentions at what time it saved last. Just don't turn it off right away. It's a non-issue for me
So treat it like Dark Souls or something. Well, OK, I guess that can do it, but I'm still not very happy with many exploration based games sticking with checkpoints exclusively. And that's what annoys me, it's great to have them there as a safety measure, but they're not mutually exclusive from hard saves. I actually prefer stationary save points over them, so to me it's like some sort of warped regression when technology should've made it better.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amazon shipped my order! Definitely getting it tomorrow and I'm getting the Premium for the price of the standard with free shipping. Redemption for Amazon, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Just read from a few people on Twitter that they've only just had their Songbird editions cancelled by GAME (UK) after months of having the game pre-ordered. I'm starting to get worried.

Is it safe to do the VPN thingy? With the updated TOS mand everything...

I'm on my way home and I'd like to try this.
It's the first time for me since the ToS has been updated, last time I needed to do it was with Deus Ex and it was fine then. I'm not aware of anyone being banned for it yet, but I take some comfort in a safety in numbers.. probably several thousand people have done this today. There would be a big stink on blogs if 2K or Valve were to push something like that through. It's not in anyone's interest. My key said "WW" after all.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51479226]God, 1999 mode is annoying as fuck. I'd rather restart than get revived by the vita chambers, can you turn them off? Running around with like a hundred bucks when all the vendor items cost like 1200 is frustrating. I'd only restart the same number of times anyway probably, I'm still playing around with the controls and how the game works right now.[/QUOTE]
The economy scales up a lot later you start finding desks full of cash. Don't sweat a few overpriced vending machines.

Amazon shipped my order! Definitely getting it tomorrow and I'm getting the Premium for the price of the standard with free shipping. Redemption for Amazon, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Same here! Only problem is I'll have to stare at the fucking disc for 5 hours in the office tomorrow. Haha.

Sblargh

Banned
Having one subtitle being on the audio menu and the other subtitle being in the graphics menu is a twist on Giant Bomb "where is the subtitle option" game.

Anyway, enough nitpicking. I'm off to the game. Se y'all.

God, 1999 mode is annoying as fuck. I'd rather restart than get revived by the vita chambers, can you turn them off? Running around with like a hundred bucks when all the vendor items cost like 1200 is frustrating. I'd only restart the same number of times anyway probably, I'm still playing around with the controls and how the game works right now.

Milchjon

Even as someone who loves his games easy, this feels pretty nerfed. Can't fall off Columbia (you get respawned on the ledge), can't really die and even though it's rather linear, you still get arrows that show you where to go.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Even as someone who loves his games easy, this feels pretty nerfed. Can't fall off Columbia (you get respawned on the ledge), can't really die and even though it's rather linear, you still get arrows that show you where to go.

Falling off the side would be really frustrating. I definitely understand why that's there. Aren't the arrows a d-pad toggle?

Fjordson

Watching a friend play some on 360. The game is very cool, but the save system is a little lame. Only annoyance I've noticed thus far.

So I just used VPN to unlock it and I have a quick question. What happens after the game unlocks in the US and can I turn off the VPN and still play after its unpacked?

Jonm1010

Banned
Quick question. I have no need for XCOM, or any of the games that come with the Steam or GMG deal. Am I allowed to sell those codes on EBAY or am I only legally allowed to gift them?

sam27368

Banned
Just played the first two hours, Columbia is incredible. I'm gobsmacked and in awe that such a world exists in video games. Combat is a lot more polished, but to be honest it's not overly different from the original. But Jesus, any fears I had about this game are gone. It's just incredible.

Milchjon

Falling off the side would be really frustrating. I definitely understand why that's there. Aren't the arrows a d-pad toggle?

So far, I've only fallen off when I acted like a complete idiot, never because of any sort of real difficulty. Feels really unnecessary and cheap because unlike the respawn after deaths there isn't even some kind of explanation.

Yeah, the arrows are on the d-pad. Push down, they light up for a second. It's a nice offer, but in combination with the general ease of the game, it makes it even simpler.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Something is happening that hasn't happened in an age. I'm actually getting ready to play a game at midnight. It's 1 o'clock now and I'm not sleeping anyway because I'm running a fever. Sure, have to go to work tomorrow but that won't stop me from playing a few hours before collapsing.

phierce

sigh...still seven hours to wait, but on a good note, I have plenty of beer to pass the time. Luckily for me, Gamestop is walking distance!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Played for about 2 hours. Reached
The Raven House
. Production design is fantastic, music is exceptional, and the vistas are, at times, breathtaking. Seems like a bonafide contender for GoTY 2013. I can't believe people thought this had a chance at failing. I'm extremely impressed by what I'm playing.

PC version, btw.

I just finished the game.

Did Ken Levine shit in his hand and rub it on the pages right at the end or something?

Is it MGS4 bad?

I heard the ending was either Chinatown-level of awesome or it jumps Bioshock Infinitesharks with so many deus ex machinas it'll make your head spin

Should be fun to talk about!

Ohwiseone

Sessler, Gerstmann and Eurogamer all say its great. Then it's probably pretty good.

Damn me picking up that shift tomorrow for work.

Top Bottom