• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Gav47

Its unpacking!!!!!!

3FrDjjK.jpg

Frillen

What kind of lame answer is this? I know it when I play a terrible game both in the graphical and performance departement, and this game is not it. Sure it has its framerate issues and its fair share of flat textures but nowhere does it scream "terrible" in my eyes.

But go ahead. Call me a PS3/360 fanboy because I can not clearly see what is terrible and what is not.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to genarilize. But I've learned from November 2011 and Skyrim. I remember tons of people who got the PS3 version early proclaiming it ran fine and looked great. Well, we all know the truth about that one.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
none of y'all can get on my level

But seriously, I was getting 6MB/s it must have weirded out at the end.

Good news is, it's UNPACKING! It's like a digital christmas :D

Mine's unpacking now, and taking ages to do it too. I'm so impatient!

I played a few minutes of the 360 version today. I don't think it looks as good as the first game, although I haven't played the 360 version of the first game in a long time. It didn't look like crap or anything and I didn't experience any screen tearing, but the overall image quality isn't that impressive IMO (taking into account the hardware). I'm still waiting for the PC version to unlock on Steam, so I can't say how it compare to that, nor the PS3 version.

god, back to being confused again

Batongen

Banned
Just preordered through greenmangaming and I didn't get an activation key for X-com. Has anyone got that or is that coming later?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
In uk and says I can play now, only 11pm :O

I clicked it it said "Play bioshock" or "Load Bechmark test" clicked play and its doing some unpacking

so flyvpn crashed three times, which is apparently the max a free trial can access. . .

Any other options?

I have the paid version if you want to use it.

Last time I let GAF used a payed VPN though my account got banned and they refunded me. (I only gave it to 2 people too.)

LOL

munroe

Just preordered through greenmangaming and I didn't get an activation key for X-com. Has anyone got that or is that coming later?

If you received 3 keys for Infinite, one of them is for xcom. On your account page, access your keys and the xcom one will be located under Bioshock Infinite have "XCOM" written next to it

Amir0x

Banned
Oh god, you're becoming one of those people...I fear you may turn into a Tricky.

Funny, because that's exactly who I was mocking with that comment. Thus the wink :p

These impressions are from people I trust, if he says the exploration isn't as good as one would expect, I know it's a genuine point of view worth acknowledging.

Muffdraul

This game has a very stupid save system. I got to the point where I reached Elizabeth and shut down my game. Upon starting again the game sets me back like 20 minutes before, completely neglecting everything I have done.

Is this random or is the checkpoint system pretty far apart in some levels?

This is a real downer. I've been replaying Bioshock 1 on 360 and totally abusing its "F5" quicksave function. Was looking forward to doing the same in Infinite. Eff you, Irrational. >=|

JerkShep

Sorry if someone already asked this: regarding exploration, is the game a bit more like the first Bioshock where you could go back and explore everything at the end of the game or more like the second, so lot and lot of missables?

Magnus

Magnus said:
I count Bioshock as one of my all-time faves, and Infinite is rapidly ascending to join it. Nevertheless, I want to discuss something quick that's pretty critical about both games.

Does anyone else find combat in both games...extremely messy, imprecise, floaty? I'm struggling to find the right words. Hit-detection just feels off for both games. I miss when meleeing, frequently. I misjudge with aim/distance far more with both games than with other shooters (I'll admit to not having played too many).

It's obviously not a good game to compare shooter mechanics with, but for me, Uncharted 2 felt very precise. I felt as though my hits were tangibly registering, whether shooting or meleeing. Somehow, everything connected better for me. With Bioshock combat...I'm just all over the place.

Can anyone relate to what I'm trying to describe?

No one else then?

Alucrid

Banned
Amazon still hasn't shipped, wtf.

(PS3 version for release day deliver with Prime)

I just got my shipping confirmation.

I have prime.

I had release date delivery.

Expected delivery? Wednesday.

In fact the last three games I preordered through Amazon (this, Halo 4 and AC 3) never made release date either. Why am I shopping with them again? Fuck, might as well go to newegg now.

Oh, and it's being sent USPS too. LOL.

BraXzy

Ugh this unpacking is taking insanely long! It isn't even past the box that shows the dload speed yet :(

It's like watching a snail race to the finish line of a marathon!

HOOOLLLYYYYY DEKIJRBNG OLIUAEBRGUOIWbnderfoiuklbwERDOGT

It just jumped to the end and I can now click play?

EDIT: I think I lost my progress bar :( Or its goofed up, it says "Missing executable file" when I click :'(

For people with the Pulse-elite headset

Tomorrow marks a big day for world-acclaimed studio Irrational Games with the release of Bioshock Infinite, so it’s only suitable that we mark the occasion with something special. For the first time, we are partnering with a game developer to deliver a specially crafted audio experience exclusive to PlayStation. Tonight at midnight, we are launching a new audio mode for the PULSE-Elite Edition Headset designed especially for BioShock Infinite. Better still, it will be free.

Why a custom audio mode? Irrational Games wanted to elevate the dark world of BioShock Infinite to a new level by providing a richer gameplay experience. We worked with them to take advantage of our new BassImpact technology embedded in the Pulse-Elite headset to create a sound profile that enables players to feel gunshots and explosions in a much more dynamic and powerful way.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...e-audio-mode-for-pulse-elite-edition-headset/

I've always thought Bioshock 1's aiming was kinda clunky. Nowhere near as comfortable and tuned as, say, Halo. I've always been willing to overlook it in light of the game's finer points.

Ya i remember that too, id often miss shots with people standing right nnext to me in the first one.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If it becomes a can't unsee type of thing, I'm coming back to say mean things to you on the internet.

LOL fair enough...in my defense Troy Baker has done a TON of voice acting in both video games and anime. Albeit maybe not so hated a character as Snow....

Sane_Man

This game has a very stupid save system. I got to the point where I reached Elizabeth and shut down my game. Upon starting again the game sets me back like 20 minutes before, completely neglecting everything I have done.

Is this random or is the checkpoint system pretty far apart in some levels?

What! So does that also apply to dying? If I die in one area could I potentially have to play through 20 minutes of what I already played?

Is it obvious when a checkpoint hits? So I know when I can turn off the game and go to bed??

Ugh.

Turfster

Joy. Game starts unpacking, everything is going well until...
antivirus goes berserk and blocks a couple of DLLs. -_____-
No game for me yet until they fix this, I guess.

BearPawB

Banned
What! So does that also apply to dying? If I die in one area could I potentially have to play through 20 minutes of what I already played?

Is it obvious when a checkpoint hits? So I know when I can turn off the game and go to bed??

Ugh.

like bioshock you can't really die in this game. Just make sure you hit a checkpoint before you quit

Eusis

like bioshock you can't really die in this game. Just make sure you hit a checkpoint before you quit
It's still bullshit though as my biggest concern is quitting without knowing how much progress I could lose if I wasn't being attention to checkpoint notifications, actually this makes it somewhat worse as in a game like Call of Duty if I die then... hey, I know what I lost, I can just quit right there and come back later. It's why I fucking HATE the way this has become the standard, and in completely fucking stupid ways to given that it's really no good at all for exploration based games that aren't cleanly divided into stages or anything. Can I at least have the option to hard save even if it's just reloading from the "vita-chamber" or whatever?

Ferrio

Banned
So what are the differences between Bioshock 1 (asides from setting)? I kinda got bored from Bioshock 1, wondering if there's been any big changes.

It's still bullshit though as my biggest concern is quitting without knowing how much progress I could lose if I wasn't being attention to checkpoint notifications, actually this makes it somewhat worse as in a game like Call of Duty if I die then... hey, I know what I lost, I can just quit right there and come back later. It's why I fucking HATE the way this has become the standard, and in completely fucking stupid ways to given that it's really no good at all for exploration based games that aren't cleanly divided into stages or anything. Can I at least have the option to hard save even if it's just reloading from the "vita-chamber" or whatever?

Seriously. FUCK games that don't just let you manually save and force you to use flaky checkpoints and autosaves. I honestly do not understand that design decision at all.

Top Bottom