• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

No multiplayer??!! Do they think I'm some sick guy who prefers story and substance over flashy moments and pretty graphics? Disgusting, I'm out of here.

Seriously though, I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Has anyone who ordered from GMG not gotten their $14 refund yet? Maybe they send it with the steam code?

papercamm

No multiplayer??!! Do they think I'm some sick guy who prefers story and substance over flashy moments and pretty graphics? Disgusting, I'm out of here.

Seriously though, I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

So you will be able to get it when the time comes?

Andrew.

Banned
No Multiplayer.

IGN score will be...

No Multiplayer.

Gamespot score will be...

No Multiplayer.

Destructoid review will be..

And so forth..

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So people aren't going to freak when an equivalent 7 or 8 review comes out will they? I would really like to avoid a Halo or Uncharted type meltdown around here.

Full disclosure: I'm expecting to love this game.

Andrew.

Banned
So people aren't going to freak when an equivalent 7 or 8 review comes out will they? I would really like to avoid a Halo or Uncharted type meltdown around here.

Full disclosure: I'm expecting to love this game.

Of course people will freak out are you fucking kidding?

Andrew.

Banned
I just like to watch other people's meltdowns.

gsafy1K.png

I'm reallllllly looking forward to this considering Bioshock is my favorite game of all time. Although I don't think think it will have the same effect Bioshock had on me it's up there with my most anticipated games of the year.

Neiteio

First post in this thread. I'm prioritizing Luigi's Mansion 2 and HarmoKnight ahead of this game -- although I've already bought Infinite on Steam -- so I'm hoping that you guys will provide some spoiler-free impressions of whether it lived up to your hype, since I'm sure you'll finish it before me. I'm especially interested to know what Andrew and Snake think of it, since they've been among the most enthused. :)

First post in this thread. I'm prioritizing Luigi's Mansion 2 and HarmoKnight ahead of this game -- although I've already bought Infinite on Steam -- so I'm hoping that you guys will provide some spoiler-free impressions of whether it lived up to your hype, since I'm sure you'll finish it before me. I'm especially interested to know what Andrew and Snake think of it, since they've been among the most enthused. :)

Oh, but not impressions, huh

So that's how it's gonna be

Neiteio

Off-topic but I gotta ask -- what's with all the luigi hats? There haven't been this many similar avatars since everyone was a Scribblenauts asset.
Hits North America this weekend. Five mansions to explore, tons of new moves and mechanics, local and online multiplayer co-op (and mixed local/online), including the full multiplayer mode downloadable off a single card, etc, with a roguelike infinite-floor mansion. Reviews and impressions have been fantastic so far. Gonna be GRAND:

Kill Screen's gonna give it a 6 and spend the entire review discussing how the otherwise unemployed English majors on staff were offended by the connotations of Elizabeth's AI on the future creative control of game writers.

Quesa

Hits North America this weekend. Five mansions to explore, tons of new moves and mechanics, local and online multiplayer (and mixed local/online), including the full multiplayer mode downloadable off a single card, etc. Reviews and impressions have been fantastic so far. Gonna be GRAND:

I know, but was there a movement or something that inspired it? Seems like a bit of a coincidence that so many people would choose to add green hats to their pictures.

Neiteio

I know, but was there a movement or something that inspired it? Seems like a bit of a coincidence that so many people would choose to add green hats to their pictures.
A lot of people change their avatars when they're hyped about a game. And in this case, there's also general love for Luigi -- and the whole Year of Luigi celebration -- adding fuel to the fire. :)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Of course people will freak out are you fucking kidding?

Actually my post was more me sternly warning myself to not do it. I don't want to become that.

What Halo, Uncharted, GOW (God and Gears) are for for some, BioShock is for me.
I understand DocSeuss' thread because somehow I've become almost emotionally involved in this game in that I really want it to be amazing.

Best comparison is how I feel when my favorite teams enter the playoffs. Some nervousness, some anticipation that in my opinion it's guaranteed that they're going to do well, but if things go bad, I'm going to be upset for a week. Like with Rahim Moore whiffing and then having Peyton kneel. *grumble* I'm over it dammit!

Neiteio

I've got an essay due in 14 hours which I'm not even halfway through yet, so I'm pulling an all nighter.
You have quite possibly my favorite avatar in this thread.

I also like ViewtifulJC's technicolor Steve Urkel and of course Ami's gorgeously colorful Mother 3 fan art.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
man we gotta discuss shallow hide and seek games in here too

is there no shelter from such tripe :(

What version do you have BioShock 2 on? I have it on PC and XBox. Part of me wants to get a group together to play some mp and shoot and plasmid each other in the face all weekend.

LowParry

Now that I've beat Crysis 3. I'm ready for Bioshock Infinite (since the games came with my 7950 card purchase). Looking very much forward to playing. :D

Neiteio

I actually quite liked the multi in BioShock 2. Nothing groundbreaking, but addictive in a braindead sort of way, and your apartment in-between matches was a posh lil' slice of Rapture.

Salsa

hey, seems like paypal hasnt blocked me out yet so might as well mention it here too: If anyone wants the game + pre-order rewards on PC for cheaper I can buy it on the South American Steam store for ya (it's $45 here, might be a bit more than that because of paypal fees). Just hit me up with a PM.

Top Bottom