• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Guess you've never seen her corset outfit in the previews.

24e6991885a582dcca3a767d0dea7a74f78f19cb.jpg__620x300_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Old face design, but the same outfit.

Liked this face design better, but it really is the facial animations and VA that makes the character. I'm only a few hours in at the
Hall of Heroes
and I've run into a few times where Liz would get stuck in front of me, guess the AI can't account for my obssesive need to check every nook and cranny and backtrack when I find lockpicks.

Also, so far the Carbine is hands down the best gun to use, so easy to headshot the grunts (playing on normal, kinda wish I went with hard instead) though I still tend to run up and do executions. I think I've seen 4-5 different ones so far

Sorian

Banned
Yeah there are roving bands of spoiling douchebags on the internet that live for that sort of thing. Always dodge out for highly anticipated games

Silly me was brosing gamefaqs earlier on my phone
I feel dirty
It was like playing russian roulette because I felt every thread I clicked on could have a spoiling douchebag. Luckily for me I walked away clean.

Edit: Also, for shits, we should take bets on how long the Liz Nude mod takes :p

whitehawk

Banned
Wait... I'm starting to get worried. Does the game actually have 3D support on the PS3? Just noticed that there's no 3D sticker on the box art...

UKOlFMJ.jpg

munroe

if you use a controller then yes

Just tried it myself, using m+kb, when you go into iron sights, your aim will jump slightly if there's an enemy nearby but that's it, it wont follow the enemy around. So technically if you kept jumping back and forth from ironsights then you could technically have a very strong auto-aim, but no-one would ever play like that.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I know we had a slightly premature spoiler thread going yesterday with one guy basically, is there a proper one yet? I really have to get some shit down

antitrop

So technically if you kept jumping back and forth from ironsights then you could technically have a very strong auto-aim, but no-one would ever play like that.

But that's precisely how you play Call of Duty on consoles. I'm sure many people are used to playing FPS like that now.

munroe

But that's precisely how you play Call of Duty on consoles. I'm sure many people are used to playing FPS like that now.

I mean, you would really have to keep jumping back and forth like in immediate succession, not, raise sights shoot a few people then move on, raise sights again etc.

DatDude

Banned
So 1999 mode for the first playthrough is a good idea? Is it really hard, what are the big differences?

it might be a better idea to play infinite on hard, understand it's mechanics and whatnot, be able to take in the sights, etc.

Than on your second playthrough do 1999 mode.

DEO3

Holy shit at these pre-order bonuses. I just used my $20 amazon credit from buying Simcity on this to get it for only $40, plus X-Com, plus $30 2K Games credit - which I'll use to get the upcoming Civilization expansion for free!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I just pre-ordered the premium edition of this game for PS3 - let me get this straight, the only difference between the premium edition and the ultimate songbird edition is the songbird statue? If so, that's how you do special editions - let the big statue be the $140 incentive and don't hold captive any other small things not in the lesser special edition.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn nigga, didn't you just get it today? Poopsocking it hard

Haha yeah man, couldn't stop playing, too good.

even the thing that happens after the credits?

An what did you think? :p

Holy shit, if that is not the best gaming story ever told then i don't know what is. I need a little time to think about it, not sure yet if i understood everything but goddamn was it AMAZING!!

antitrop

I mean, you would really have to keep jumping back and forth like in immediate succession, not, raise sights shoot a few people then move on, raise sights again etc.

Ya, I know exactly what you mean. That's how you play Call of Duty. Rapidly pressing and releasing the ADS button to instantly pop to enemy after enemy. The game plays itself. Infinite's aim-assist isn't nearly that bad.

Also, we haven't heard from Andrew in a while...

glaurung

So... yeah.

The quick "let's boot it up for a quick glimpse before bed" turned into 150 minutes of fun. Game feels great.

And I am glad I went the PC route - it looks properly good. Recalling the fiasco that Bioshcok 2 was on the PS3 - I would never want to see this one be turned into an ugly turd on a console.

Top Bottom