• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Judging from the OP, this boxart won that poll?

BioShock-Infinite-cover-design-4.jpg

I hope so, was the best of the bunch. I like it a lot.

Then we'll have people 3 months from now moaning about how everything is on a 7-10 scale. Hopefully from many of the same people if the universe is kind at all.
I want reviewers to use the full scale as well as putting more thought and effort into their reviews as well as being more critical. They just need to give anywhere from a 9-10 to any game that I'm anticipating, i dont care about any other game. Is that too hard to ask for?

Amir0x

Banned
What version do you have BioShock 2 on? I have it on PC and XBox. Part of me wants to get a group together to play some mp and shoot and plasmid each other in the face all weekend.

I have it on PC now. I haven't played Bioshock 2's multi since I hit the first level cap they had. Man, I don't know why I enjoyed it the way I did but I did have some fun in it.

I always knew you had no soul!

btw, when are Bioshock reviews coming?

I'm sorry i just can't get into games that require nothing of me. :(

I think Monday is the day reviews are coming IIRC.

Neiteio

I'm sorry i just can't get into games that require nothing of me. :(
C'mon, Ami, baby, you say that, yet I know you liked The Thousand-Year Door. *crosses arms*

Seriously, I know where you're coming from -- the original was light on content -- but LM2 looks to be upping the player's involvement a fair bit, with invisible shit you search out with a special light, and more to the ghost-wrangling, like having to jolt them with electricity in addition to stunning them with the light and weakening them with the "fishing." Boss battles are said to be exceptionally clever and unique, too, with a lot to them.

SURRENDER TO WEEGEE.

antitrop

Good lord, he's not joking. How can they shamelessly leave that review up there?
I still remember the day that review went up. I was 19 years old and an active poster on the G4 forums. I was fucking PIIIIISSSED. (Bitching about reviews of games I haven't played, yet, but I was young!).

Then I played it a few days later and wasn't all that impressed. It was good, but not KOTOR good, and certainly not mothafuckin' 9.9 good.

It's my decided least favorite review to this day.

Derrick01

Banned
Good lord, he's not joking. How can they shamelessly leave that review up there?

Don't hate on another classic game from Bioware, the kings of the RPG genre and definitely not someone who enjoys using racial stereotypes un-ironically.

C'mon, Ami, baby, you say that, yet I know you liked The Thousand-Year Door. *crosses arms*

Seriously, I know where you're coming from -- the original was light on content -- but LM2 looks to be upping the player's involvement a fair bit, with invisible shit you search out with a special light, and more to the ghost-wrangling, like having to jolt them with electricity in addition to stunning them with the light and weakening them with the "fishing." Boss battles are said to be exceptionally clever and unique, too, with a lot to them.

SURRENDER TO WEEGEE.

I'm with Amirox on that one at least until I can have definitive proof it's different from 1. The first game was basically a kid's game with how little it offered anyone who passed the 8th grade. It was a glorified tech demo, but at least it did that right and was damned pretty for its time.

Yeah, but it's worse than Uncharted 3, the most emotional and heartbreaking game ever made.

And GTA 4's oscar worthy story.

Amir0x

Banned
Jade Empire's review was classic. I loved Jeff Gerstmann's Twilight princess review if for no other reason than EVERYONE fucking came at him for that shit, and it turned out his review was closest to the average online perspective on Twilight Princess.

I liked it a lot, but an 8.8 was an amazing score and people were like "HOW DARE HE" lol

I don't get why it's a 9.9 though. I mean, at this point, just go all the way. Stupid decimal system.

What was the consensus on Jade Empire, anyway? I think KotoR sucked up all the Bioware Xbox RPG love, much to Derrick's chargin

Syrinx

Jade Empire's review was classic. I loved Jeff Gerstmann's Twilight princess review if for no other reason than EVERYONE fucking came at him for that shit, and it turned out his review was closest to the average online perspective on Twilight Princess.

I liked it a lot, but an 8.8 was an amazing score and people were like "HOW DARE HE" lol

This and Uncharted 3 are why I say we save the review meltdowns for console-exclusive games. Soooooo much more hilarious. All the fanboys get in on that. It's amazing.

Raven77

I once managed to find Ken Levine on Match.com.

I sent him my info and said that I thought we would be a great pair but he never got back to me.

3 weeks later I received a signed copy of System Shock 2 with a big lip stick kiss on it. No idea if it was from him.

antitrop

The only thing about the JE review worse than the 9.9, is that it's 6 God damn pages long. Who wants to read that much shit, just tell me if it's any fucking good or not. That was the poor days before broadband internet became common-place and they felt it necessary to drone on for ages that nobody in the world actually had the attention span to read.

The only thing about the JE review worse than the 9.9, is that it's 6 God damn pages long. Who wants to read that much shit, just tell me if it's any fucking good or not.

All of IGN reviews were like that back in the day. Just go on for fucking ever about every little damn thing.

Toparaman

Banned

God that was the worst. I don't remember reading a single comment (apart from my own) in Jeff's defense. Gamespot and IGN really have the worst communities in gaming. Gamespot had a great staff though (most of whom moved on to Giant Bomb).

And of course, naturally, after all the hype died down, almost everyone's final verdict ended up being about 8.8 .

DukeBobby

God that was the worst. I don't remember reading a single comment (apart from my own) in Jeff's defense. Gamespot and IGN really have the worst communities in gaming. Gamespot had a great staff though (most of whom moved on to Giant Bomb).

Yeah, it was truly unbelievable. He even received death threats from those idiotic fanboys. And, they hadn't even played the fucking game.

Neiteio

People hating Galaxy -- HA! Good one!

*twirls pimp cane while whistling a fly tune*

(I prefer 3DLand's 2D-principles-in-3D-settings approach)

Yeah, it was truly unbelievable. He even received death threats from those idiotic fanboys. And, they hadn't even played the fucking game.

I didn't even check the quote at first but KNEW this was about Jeff and Twilight Princess. What a joke. 8.8 was totally fine, even a little generous.

Top Bottom