• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

DatDude

Banned
Just learned how to equip gear. So far I like it just as much if not more than the original the first time I played the original.

The saddest part is that you can never relive this moment your living right now with Infinite.

The 1st playthrough of Rapture will stick with me for the rest of my life. The rest of the playthroughts were just "meh" at it's finest.

Take your time, and savour every little drop possible. Because once, well after the credits roll, your experience will never be the same again.

Andrew.

Banned
The saddest part is that you can never relive this moment your living right now with Infinite.

The 1st playthrough of Rapture will stick with me for the rest of my life. The rest of the playthroughts were just "meh" at it's finest.

Take your time, and savour every little drop possible. Because once, well after the credits roll, your experience will never be the same again.

Don't remind me =/

VALIS

Hmm, steam achievements don't seem to be working for me. They don't even show up on the game details page.

I've played about two hours so far, so I should've unlocked something

Same here. Not showing up on the game's page, didn't get the achievement when I
finished the lighthouse.

DatDude

Banned
Don't remind me =/

Sorry :(

That's why I try to make my gaming moments special, especially when I play a special game.

I take lots of breaks to soak it all in, maybe order some nice carry out, usually play on weekends/vacations to avoid any stress that might seep in from everyday life that might affect my opinion of the game.

Luckily this game released when I have a whole week of spring break :p

Andrew.

Banned
Sorry :(

That's why I try to make my gaming moments special, especially when I play a special game.

I take lots of breaks to soak it all in, maybe order some nice carry out, usually play on weekends/vacations to avoid any stress that might seep in from everyday life that might affect my opinion of the game.

Luckily this game released when I have a whole week of spring break :p

I'm messing man. I have the whole week off from work to experience this.

vazel

Banned
Combat is really fun. Damage dropoff for the guns over long ranges is a little exaggerated but it's all good(I'm playing 1999 mode so don't know if that impacts it). I hope we get combat oriented dlc like Dunwall City Trials for Dishonored.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ended my session yesterday when I
met the Vox Populi

Unless this game takes a huge nosedive somehow, I'm replaying this the second I'm done. It's fucking amazing.

K.Sabot

First couple of hour spoilers.

God Only Knows a capella threw me off so much that I tried to rationalize that perhaps the Beach Boys didn't write it first. It wasn't until I heard an instrumental of Cyndi Lauper that I knew something was up.

The game is playing me on my knowledge of the past (or their future) and using it as a trigger to alarm me that something is not right. I love it.

GrizzNKev

Banned
There's something about this game that makes me feel something I don't usually feel. Is it.. I don't know. But when (early game spoilers)
I was on the beach with Elizabeth I noticed the song playing was a weird, carnival-organ style version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I was born in 1993 but I'm not culturally blind, so I recognized it as an 80's song. What else happened in the 80's? The release of Return of the Jedi, which we see with its alternate name when Elizabeth opens the tear to Paris. I looked up the French release date of Return of the Jedi and found it to be October 19, 1983. Release date of the Cyndi Lauper Girls Just Want to Have Fun? September 6, 1983.

Damn Irrational, holy shit. So amazing.

madmackem

PS3 vs 360 comparison video from the opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GfPZbFgV4I

- 360 has some judder in the scripted moments, (eg when Booker's hand reaches out from the pod) but no tearing.
- PS3 looks like it has visible tearing (assuming this is with the frame rate locked).
- PS3 version looks like it has some overblown whites, unless that's the capture equipment.
- Resolution and texture quality look about the same otherwis.e

Lighting looks much better on ps3.

ViviOggi

I was going to go 1999 mode right off the bat, but after an hour or so of shooting it seemed like a chore for the first playthrough. Restarted on Hard now, are there any details yet on what exactly changes in 1999 mode?

DatDude

Banned

I already finished Infinite, and am begining to think (of course i'll do a few more playthroughs to be sure, to see if it suffers the same retread that bio1 suffered) it's probably one of the greatest games this generation.

It does everything so well from a complete package standpoint: Music, sound design, combat, atmosphere, writing, characters, art design, narrative, voice acting, orchestrated sound track, pacing, ai and so on and so forth.

I'd be hard pressed to find a game released this generation that excelled at so many things at once (besides maybe the first bioshock, and a handful of games that you can count on one hand from this generation) and never drops the ball in it's 15 hour playtime.

FINALBOSS

Banned
God damn I wish you could un-equip gear.

That one that makes you run fast for 3 seconds after you eat something--good god I want that GONE.

Crows! The Crows!

I've been using the infusion things on salt exclusively and I'm fucking shit up

Combat is really fun once you stop relying on guns

vazel

Banned
I was going to go 1999 mode right off the bat, but after an hour or so of shooting it seemed like a chore for the first playthrough. Restarted on Hard now, are there any details yet on what exactly changes in 1999 mode?
I had a lot of difficulty too at first but you get the hang of it. You have to be cautious when engaging enemies and make smart use of your vigors(don't forget to set traps on your flanks).

Once you shake off all the habits and expectations easy modern games have instilled in you you'll find a much more rewarding experience in 1999 mode.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lighting looks much better on ps3.

Just looks like a difference of saturation

k021XXf.jpg

and moar bloom

9oGICce.jpg

Mild music spoilers
Love how the carnival music was "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"..

Also love how I just came into a bar and "Tainted Love" is playing on the phonograph.

Top Bottom