• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

It's Orangy-Kun. A play on a character from an anime with a small plotline related to oranges.

images

Geass brothers. <3
May we be best friends.

Andrew.

Banned
One last test: Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas?

The original PC Fallout was my second intro to RPGs after Chrono Trigger. I thought the first was a masterpiece. Fallout 2 was good, but not quite as enjoyable. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever and Ill never give NV a chance 1) I dont have a high powered PC and 2) Ive never like Obsidian ever since they fucked up KOTOR2 on OG 'Box.

Derrick01

Banned
The original PC Fallout was my second intro to RPGs after Chrono Trigger. I thought the first was a masterpiece. Fallout 2 was good, but not quite as enjoyable. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever and Ill never give NV a chance 1) I dont have a high powered PC and 2) Ive never like Obsidian ever since they fucked up KOTOR2 on OG 'Box.

Well you gave it your best shot.

Raitosaito said:
It still baffles me how a gameplay centric title such as Mario Galaxy would even be considered bad to you.

Well it's more boring than bad really. Not very deep at all like most Nintendo games.

DukeBobby

Yeah, he hates you.

RkOwnage

Just finished the first Bioshock. I was a lot more wow'd by it in 2007, of course, that was 6 years ago, so it's understandable. It really loses steam after the big twist is revealed, and by about 85% in I was just ready for it to end, but it's still a great game, but maybe over time it's not held up to the standards I set before it.

Still, 6 days.

stktt

Banned

I was able to get New Vegas running at decent settings on a laptop with an i3 processor and integrated graphics. You really should give it a shot, even if you have a bit of a grudge against the company. Anyone that enjoyed the first two Fallout games should feel the same about New Vegas.

I didn't even check the quote at first but KNEW this was about Jeff and Twilight Princess. What a joke. 8.8 was totally fine, even a little generous.

The 8 for Uncharted 3 turned out to be pretty on the money as well... and the Double Dash 7.9

Funny how these sobering reviews tend to be stand the test of time.

Not this game though. Any review less than 11/10 will be from people who just don't understand.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Geass brothers. <3
May we be best friends.

Orange boy!

I find it to be an awesome avatar. It's the one I settled on and promised to never, ever change.
It disguises my love for my favorite anime behind a relatively obscure reference. To everyone else, it's a weird looking fruit. Or a donut with eyebrows apparently.

By the way, when should those of us who got this game via an AMD code expect our Steam key? I presume it'll be when the preload goes up.

The 8 for Uncharted 3 turned out to be pretty on the money as well... and the Double Dash 7.9

Funny how these sobering reviews tend to be stand the test of time.

Not this game though. Any review less than 11/10 will be from people who just don't understand.

Couldn't agree more about UC3. It was like having one too many cheesy gordita crunches. Yeah, it's Taco Bell, yeah, it's delicious, I've just...I've had enough.

Just finished the first Bioshock. I was a lot more wow'd by it in 2007, of course, that was 6 years ago, so it's understandable. It really loses steam after the big twist is revealed, and by about 85% in I was just ready for it to end, but it's still a great game, but maybe over time it's not held up to the standards I set before it.

Still, 6 days.
I liked the atmosphere/setting and the gameplay was fun enough. The twist was okay. I didn't really notice that massive drop in quality after the twist that everyone mentions but I also never placed it on the same pedestal as GAF did. It was a good game with an interesting and unique idea didn't think of it more than that.

Wait, didn't Crysis come in 2007, too

There were a lot of quality FPS titles in 2007. Must've been something in the water that year.

antitrop

I bought all of those games.

I specifically upgraded my PC hardware in late 2007 for Crysis and Hellgate: London. Crysis was awesome. Hellgate made me sad.

antitrop

I beat Heavenly Sword at the end of 2007, too. It was like 4 1/2 hours. It wanted to be one of the best games of the year, but it fell laughably short.

I'm not even gonna pretend I didn't play the fuck out CoD4 back in '07. Say what you want about the yearly sequels and how they've impacted other game development, but I thought MW was a legitimately great, slick, addicting shooter, in a year that wasn't lacking for great shooters.

Top Bottom