• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Tacitus_

Man, enemies are huge bullet sponges on hard. I'm currently out of the
Factory
and everything takes a ridiculous amount of bullets. A damn grenade launcher shouldn't take 2-3 hits to kill someone.
And Handymen absolutely destroy me since they're faster than me and seemingly unstunnable by vigors.

dc89

Arrived from Amazon this morning at 11am ish. Between now and then I've played it twice and I'd say I'm around 1 hour or so in. I spent ages soaking up the atmosphere and exploring.

What a brilliant game.

ic4XTwh.jpg

Xbox 360 textures ladies and gentlemen

I don't even know what that's supposed to be.

Kurdel

Banned

I think it was a shoulder. To be fair it really stuck out on PC too...

It is also the only graphical issue I have seen after 6 hours of play. The game is so amazing.

Early Elizabeth spoiler:
at the beach when she is dancing, the instrumental version of "girls just wanna have fun" was incredible.

whyman

Ok so i asked this before but no one seems to have read it. How do i get the bonuses for buying the season pass?

Other than that, awesome game so far. No one should miss this one.

Edit: This is for PC steam version im asking.

Hasney

Another DLC question... will it be accessible on all gamertags on my Xbox if I buy it with just one?

Tied to single gamertag.

As long as the other gamertags are connected online, yes.

EDIT: ^ wait really? Did MS change it?

Doesn't it work that it's tied to the console, but if you try to play on another console, you need to be signed in? Pretty sure that's how Fallout and Skyrim work.

BFIB

Is anyone actually using the iron sights?

I'm only a few hrs in, but I have yet to need the iron sights on the guns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As long as the other gamertags are connected online, yes.

EDIT: ^ wait really? Did MS change it?

To my knowledge it's only accessible via the GT that 'purchased' it - and requires a sign in. I'm not 100% now though since there's some conflicting reports, but that's the usual.

Lovely game having just started it but goddamn what dolt thought of the save game system? No manual saves and having to rely on sparse checkpoints is complete garbage.

Talon

I will say this: I've never gotten tired of an encounter in Bioshock Infinite yet, and that's not something I was able to say about Bioshock 1. They definitely did a bang-up job of balancing this game, so none of the encounters drag on endlessly.

JoeFu

Banned
This game is so pretty. I couldn't stop taking screenshots last night. Not too far in the game, but really liking it.

BraXzy

I just recently was there and whilst not as bad, it is still pretty crap looking on PC ultra, I guess it's a pretty none important piece so they didn't give it much space.

Ran into my first "game breaking" bug..
Was using the sky hook to get down from shock jockey area, suddenly noticed Elizabeth was missing, looked all over and eventually found her hanging from a rail doing nothing. The game crashed on me while I alt + tabbed but I guess she'd have sorted herself out once I loaded a new zone.

Ricker

Trying my best to play with Mouse and keyboard but man,when its been a while...also I think my mouse(Razer DeathAdder)needs adjustment outside the game...even with the sensitivity in game all the way down and acceleration off,it's just way too fast,making aiming really hard,when it should be the opposite...and I have a lot of stutter so I guess I will drop a few ultra settings or something(560Ti,8 GB of ram on a I7)...maybe its the post processing in the outside area that makes it stutter?

Talon

Trying my best to play with Mouse and keyboard but man,when its been a while...also I think my mouse(Razer DeathAdder)needs adjustment outside the game...even with the sensitivity in game all the way down and acceleration off,it's just way too fast,making aiming really hard,when it should be the opposite...and I have a lot of stutter so I guess I will drop a few ultra settings or something(560Ti,8 GB of ram on a I7)...maybe its the post processing in the outside area that makes it stutter?
The mouse settings are goofy for this game. If you look earlier in this thread, someone points out the config file you should fix.

antitrop

Check the performance thread. The Mouse sensitivity bug is as easy as tweaking two values in a .INI file. Takes no more than 30 seconds.

I should also say that the games Bioshock Infinite are rooted in almost always contained a creepy atmosphere and Infinite dosen't capture the feeling those did. I know this wasn't Irrational's main goal here but the parts that have tried to be creepy haven't resonated with me due to the over-the-top action being so in my face.

Pretty much what was said in the Videogamer review:

Columbia, on the other hand, is so bright and breezy that it feels like a shootout at Butlins. Even when things 'go dark' it never feels especially oppressive. There's a worrying lack of urgency or danger to it all, compounded by the fact that the populace doesn't seem to care much that a total stranger is wandering in and out of shops with an automatic weapon. At one stage I was in a giftshop wielding a machine gun, the barrel still red hot from killing more cops than Ice Cube on an especially bad day, and no-one much seemed to care. Good for adding to the dreamy haze, bad for tonal consistency.​

So I am trying to do the 1999 code and it says from the main menu but I must be missing something because I don't see any [cancel] , [start] anywhere.

dyergram

Is there away to quickly switch between vigors the interface suggests you can but I can't find a controller layout anywhere and I don't have a manual.(I bought on steam)

Top Bottom