• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

antitrop

Man what about the Darkness.
It was criminally under-appreciated. I still think it's a rather ground-breaking achievement in cinematic FPS, I played it for a second time in 2010 and thought it held up well. Last year's sequel didn't do it for me the same way, I didn't even finish it.

I got into the first one with the complete mod for a while but I stopped for some reason. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it one day but if I haven't by now I probably never will.

This makes me sad.

When you are inevitably disappointed by Bioshock Infinite and want a game that doesn't hold your hand and isn't afraid to spit in your face and shiv you in the back you should go back to it. Unrivaled atmosphere, real AI, actual reasource management... you know you want to...

Someone else posted a video on youtube of Infinite you can find it by searching the title and today, I am afraid to watch it paused it at the first frame and afraid any further lol.
I have no idea what platform it is. Looks like PS3 from the buttons.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Stalker, World in Conflict, The Witcher, Crysis, etc.

Shadow of Chernobyl is an absolute treat, but CoD4 was REALLY good. Even with the M16 laser.

It was the first game where you could make a Mujahideen class.

AK-47
RPG-7
Martyrdom Perk

The Darkness has that one great scene on the couch...that's it

And Stalker was one of those games I played for a few hours, dug all the atmosphere, but was hit with so many damn options and choices and resource management, that it just turned it off and said, "Yeah, uh, I'll come back to this shit..."

I never went back to that shit

antitrop

This makes me sad.

When you are inevitably disappointed by Bioshock Infinite and want a game that doesn't hold your hand and isn't afraid to spit in your face and shiv you in the back you should go back to it. Unrivaled atmosphere, real AI, actual reasource management... you know you want to...

Don't make me do it, son.

XEx6B6T.jpg

ZeroRay

Since we're all waxing nostalgic about 2007, how hyped as fuck were all of you when Kojima showed MGS4 being played for the first time in late July? I thought it was gonna be some groundbreaking, greatest of all time shit. :(

2007 as far as released go was legendary; God of War 2, Halo 3, Uncharted, Super Mario Galaxy, Crysis, STALKER, MW1 (which is still the best COD when it comes to single player and multiplayer), and of course Bioshock.

Andrew.

Banned
Someone else posted a video on youtube of Infinite you can find it by searching the title and today, I am afraid to watch it paused it at the first frame and afraid any further lol.
I have no idea what platform it is. Looks like PS3 from the buttons.

For someone thats been so excited, why would you ever do that to yourself? Seriously. Teasing yourself right now is only gonna lead to disappointment.

theres a 75% chance of that

Oh right, God of War 2. I replayed that pretty recently after GoW: A, wiped the floor with that game in terms of pacing, level design, combat, music, all that. Godlike game(pun intended).

For someone thats been so excited, why would you ever do that to yourself? Seriously. Teasing yourself right now is only gonna lead to disappointment.

theres a 75% chance of that

Seems like the video is in German or some other language not really any spoilers its easy to find until it gets taken down.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Do it antitrop.

And do not use the Complete mod aka babby's first Stalker.

I made classes like that. I would always label them "Sandpeople".

One of my favorite moments in online gaming was actually shooting down the helicopter killstreak (no easy task with the RPG mind you) and yelling "ALLAH AKBAR!" into the mic with other people on the team.

In hindsight it was probably in bad taste and rather offensive, but my goodness was it hilarious.

Toa TAK

Banned
Call of Duty culture

It's impossible not to make the connection.

One of my favorite moments in online gaming was actually shooting down the helicopter killstreak (no easy task with the RPG mind you) and yelling "ALLAH AKBAR!" into the mic with other people on the team.

In hindsight it was probably in bad taste and rather offensive, but my goodness was it hilarious.
Pretty much sums up my joy in COD4's multiplayer. So much fun. Funny how simple that game is now compared to all the bloated extras the other games have now.

Since we're all waxing nostalgic about 2007, how hyped as fuck were all of you when Kojima showed MGS4 being played for the first time in late July? I thought it was gonna be some groundbreaking, greatest of all time shit. :(

2007 as far as released go was legendary; God of War 2, Halo 3, Uncharted, Super Mario Galaxy, Crysis, STALKER, MW1 (which is still the best COD when it comes to single player and multiplayer), and of course Bioshock.
Metroid Prime 3 was pretty good as well ignoring the first hour as well.

Derrick01

Banned
This makes me sad.

I think it's because the gamepad doesn't work with it. I don't like using the mouse for non strategy games as it's very uncomfortable for me. The beginning areas of that game were pretty empty too which I remember being a turn off for me.

....I'll get back to it someday :)

2007 was the last great year this industry had. Where we had both amazing high quality experiences and still had big budget games that were experimenting with new things.

Top Bottom