• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

CzarTim

I'm about 9 hours in, and this is the best story I've seen in a video game. It doesn't get bogged down with long-winded cut scenes or overload you with exposition. The characters are fantastic. I don't usually play story driven games, but I cannot tear myself away from BI. Can't wait to finish it!

antitrop

Pretty sure I just ate shit in Bioshock.

Technically, it was two potatoes, but they were perfectly placed in an otherwhise clean upscale toilet, surrounded by flies. And I don't think I've seen potatoes anywhere else in the game yet.

Is that another one of Levine's deep messages?

This is hilarious.

To pop up the radial menu that lets you select a vigor.

You can have two vigors out at once. You press the button to switch between them or hold it down to bring up the radial menu to assign them.

Wow 4 hours in and I had no idea. It's actually holding down L2 to do it, though.

FartOfWar

Banned

Technically, it was two potatoes, but they were perfectly placed in an otherwhise clean upscale toilet, surrounded by flies. And I don't think I've seen potatoes anywhere else in the game yet.

Hahahaha that's still in there? Which area?

MormaPope

Banned
This is better than Half Life/Half Life 2 personally. Never felt this immersed in a world before, everything feels like it has meaning or purpose, Columbia feels like a place that people do live in rather than an environment for the player to explore.

Combat feels shockingly smooth, a gigantic leap with how fluid and fast the combat feels now. Played Bioshock 2 a couple days ago and the contrast is startling to say the least.

anddo0

I'm loving the game so far. I'm taking my time, in order to take everything in.. Columbia is by far the most lively video game city I've ever had the pleasure to visit.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the season pass. If it's half as good as these first two hours it'll be well worth it.

Adamator

So yeah, saw my friend try to run this on his gtx 260 on medium and damn it's that a no go.

Anyone with a below average rig just get it for the consoles, or at least 360. It runs fine, no tears and barely any frame drops.

What are the rest of his specs? This morning I was in the city and picked up a copy for PC and have worried all day I made the wrong choice. I'm not much of a graphics whore I just want it to play well. I'm also not much of a FPS gamer but I love the Bioshock series. I just prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard!

If I'm gonna have to set my PC so low to play, I wonder if I should just get the 360 version. Least there I have a 55 inch TV To enjoy

My PC:
Q6600 core 2 Quad & 2.4 ghz
8 GIGS RAM
GTX 260

Just beat it on PC minutes ago and I'm stunned. I 'm going to go grab some food and try and wrap my head around all of this. I have to say that the game did not disappoint.

Sblargh

Banned
Just finished
Emporia
I feel like I am getting to the end and I missed a lot of collectibles, which makes me a bit sad because I am actually making some effort to look for them.
Oh well.
The game is surprisingly good. I know a lot of people were overhyped to it, but I honestly only got it because the GMG deal was too good to not take advantage off.
I'm really glad I am playing this. I have minor gripes here and there, but it is an excellent game from a story point of view and from pure gameplay point of view.
Battles are seriously exciting to me and the story is seriously interesting. It is a very good balance between both, where in the first Bioshock we kind of excused the weird gunplay because of the story.

Maybe in the future, I'll start nitpicking what I don't like. Right now I just want to say it has been a great experience.

Tacitus_

Anybody have any tips for
Lady Comstock's Ghost
? I'm playing on hard and I'm constantly dying but barely making a dent.

Disable the adds and focus on the boss. Or if you can, try to cheese it by attacking from a location they won't come to. Though it sucks on hard since it takes so much fucking ammunition to kill it.

My God I am in love with the audio for Songbird. Who ever made all the little sounds for him did a smashing job, from that freaky tune that plays for his impending arrival to the clickety clacks and screeches he makes. it's just great

Shawn, you guys et al; please please please release a soundtrack that includes
all of the pop song covers
. I need my
Tainted Love

Well this is harder than I anticipated in the first couple encounters, enemies have some good aim, and turrets really fuck me up, why does the turret control have to wear off dammit.

Sblargh

Banned
You guys talking about the audio, I feel bad to be playing on stereo headphones. :(

Shawn, you guys et al; please please please release a soundtrack that includes
all of the pop song covers
. I need my
Tainted Love

I second this motion. I loved it!

antitrop

Derrick hasn't said anything in hours. Maybe he's so engrossed that he hasn't even pulled himself away to share his thoughts.

Or maybe not.

void666

Banned
Are you guys using the quest arrow to help exploring?
I press d-pad up, look at where the arrow points to and go to the opposite way.

bryanee

I'm really enjoying it so far. I didn't really know much about the game previous to this so I wasn't expecting the story and world this is set in to be quite the way it is.

In regards to a song I heard at one point, can anyone confirm this for me but did I hear
girls just wanna have fun
?

DukeBobby

I'm really enjoying it so far. I didn't really know much about the game previous to this so I wasn't expecting the story and world this is set in to be quite the way it is.

In regards to a song I heard at one point, can anyone confirm this for me but did I hear
girls just wanna have fun
?

Yes.

@Milchjon Do you eat potatoes?

Jinjo

Are you guys using the quest arrow to help exploring?
I press d-pad up, look at where the arrow points to and go to the opposite way.

Same here. I hate accidently continueing when I'm not done exploring and the road behind me gets shut off.

DSC_0855.jpg

got this giant sucker :)

This is how I ended my playthrough on Hard difficulty. The only Vigor I regularly used was the first Persuasion, and even then it was mostly just to get cash out of the vendor.

BioShockInfinite%202013-03-26%2012-18-24-20.png

This is how I ended my playthrough on Hard difficulty. The only Vigor I regularly used was the first Persuasion, and even then it was mostly just to get cash out of the vendor.

BioShockInfinite%202013-03-26%2012-18-24-20.png

But the Vigors are so much fun to use :/ I've been getting only Shield and Salt infusions. Shouldn't need the health with an upgraded shield and some degree of skill.

Raxus

Man, I suck at this. Shoulda balanced out shields and salts. Bucking Bronco is so cheap. Upgraded crows is godly.

I feel bad for wasting my lock picks on chest. Everytime I just get a disappointing reward.

GavinGT

Banned
Man, I suck at this. Shoulda balanced out shields and salts. Bucking Bronco is so cheap. Upgraded crows is godly.

I feel bad for wasting my lock picks on chest. Everytime I just get a disappointing reward.

There are more than enough lock picks to open everything. I ended the game with like 40 left over.

Top Bottom