• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Dartastic

My girlfriend bought me the CE for Xmas off of Amazon. She though that her payment went through immediately. When I told her that the payment didn't go through until it shipped, she is now considering canceling the order because she might not be able to afford it, and I might have to scramble to buy my own copy. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Stay away from the wikipedia page, especially on Google. Spoilers about the ending and stuff about Booker and Elizabeth. May not be legit spoilers, but why risk it?

-stumbles away from keyboard and keels over, serving his purpose-

My girlfriend bought me the CE for Xmas off of Amazon. She though that her payment went through immediately. When I told her that the payment didn't go through until it shipped, she is now considering canceling the order because she might not be able to afford it, and I might have to scramble to buy my own copy. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

broke lyf3

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Just hack the replicator so you can afford it bro.

Great OT! Very nicely done. I'm excited for this one. I didn't think the first Bioshock was all that special, but this one looks really intriguing.

The twist is that there is no twist...all is as it exactly seems..

mark-wahlberg-shocked-gif.gif

There is a spammer at the Irrational forums utilizing the same spoiler that is on the Wikipedia page, posting misleading threads as well. Stick with the main threads and the OP for now if you venture there.

Zeliard

There may not be a twist in the traditional sense, but there are a couple of mysteries that seem likely to have "well, shit" answers to them, like the nature of and true motivations behind Songbird and Booker's 'employers'.

Answers that seem very likely to be spoiled in the coming week from the leaks, btw. It's gonna be all over the place, including random innocuous Youtube videos.

There may not be a twist in the traditional sense, but there are a couple of mysteries that seem likely to have "well, shit" answers to them, like the nature of and true motivations behind Songbird and Booker's 'employers'.

Answers that seem very likely to be spoiled in the coming week from the leaks, btw. It's gonna be all over the place, including random innocuous Youtube videos.

Thank Colombia for channels. No need of wading through the chaff.

Whoa, that discussion a few pages back really brought it all back to me....

2007 was amazing. In retrospect, that feels like the last year before everyone started "streamlining" and homogenizing design and features in their games.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Actually this is a good point to remind juniors and full members about spoilers. When Red Dead Redemption came out, I remember Bishop banning a junior because they talked about what the shopkeeper was like in the very first town. If you even have the inkling that it could be a spoiler, use the [ spoiler ] tags [/ spoiler ]

Remove the spaces in the brackets and the post will be blocked unless you decide to see. I know it was mentioned in the OP, but it bears a reminder.

Don't fuck this up for me. Even the mods are pissed when they have to destroy you and delete your post because you ruined it for them too.

Sometimes it pays to to have a shitty memory. I recall absolutely nothing from the trailers outside of the skyhook thing and the busty chick that's like 3' tall

Someone just spoiled the whole fucking ending for me on another thread title "Free Bioshock Infinite gift" and completely ruined the whole twist. I feel like I have had something incredible taken away from me and it's ruined the whole thought of playing the game now.
I feel like such a moron for reading it but it made no sense until I finished the sentence. God damn it....

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Someone just spoiled the whole fucking ending for me on another thread title "Free Bioshock Infinite gift" and completely ruined the whole twist. I feel like I have had something incredible taken away from me and it's ruined the whole thought of playing the game now.
I feel like such a moron for reading it but it made no sense until I finished the sentence. God damn it....

Wow, is it that monumental?

Stark

Banned

That big?

Dartastic

Dude. Chill. It might not be real.
BAIL THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET NAO

BEASTMODE FUCK OFF AND GET THE FUCK OFF NOW. I MISTAKENLY HIGHLIGHTED THAT SHIT AND READ THE FIRST COUPLE WORDS. I SWEAR TO GOD, YOU ASSHOLE. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD. FUCK OFF.

DukeBobby

YES !! completely didn't think THAT was going to be what happens. It's completely tainted my frist run through of the game now.
I really strongly suggest people do a whole blackout on this game. Don't look at anything else until launch cos trolls are everywhere spoiling it

Fuck, I can't believe this is happening so soon. How the hell can people be so inconsiderate?

Fuck, I can't believe this is happening so soon. How the hell can people be so inconsiderate?

Is the game leaked or pirated or something? The guy who spoiled me is rampaging all over gamespot posting the same sentence everywhere and that's why I didn't think twice, it was one small sentence spammed, yet it did so much damage.
I really hope it's not true

Dartastic

Is the game leaked or pirated or something? The guy who spoiled me is rampaging all over gamespot posting the same sentence everywhere and that's why I didn't think twice, it was one small sentence spammed, yet it did so much damage.
It's leaked on PS3. I fucking hate this shit. GODDAMNIT.

Don't be a dick boyfriend.

Stark

Banned
The PS3 version leaked apparently.

And I see black bars. I will believe those are real and bail the fuck out. See you guys when I'm done the game.

Elizabeth4lyfe

It's leaked on PS3. I fucking hate this shit. GODDAMNIT.

This was one of those games I was just going to submerse myself in for like 3 days and really take it all in and enjoy. I feel like a kid who was told Santa isn't real

And people are smart to just leave right now. While it likely won't be spoiled here, it's everywhere on the net it would seem.

Dartastic

Don't be a dick boyfriend.
Why am I a dick boyfriend? If she has to cancel it, she has to cancel it. If I have to scramble to cover costs, I have to scramble. I'm not going to guilt trip her into buying for me if she doesn't have the cash, and I didn't imply as much. Fuck off.
This was one of those games I was just going to submerse myself in for like 3 days and really take it all in and enjoy. I feel like a kid who was told Santa isn't real
I'm going to choose to ignore what I have seen. Beastmode, fuck you. If you're going to do that shit BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT be like "OMG REAL SPOILERS OR SOMETHING" because at this point, people are legit blacking out on preview media. Don't just throw some black bars up, with the MAIN FUCKING POINT IN THE FIRST THREE WORDS. I MISTAKENLY HIGHLIGHTED THAT SHIT, YOU ASSHOLE.

B33

Banned
Yes, the PS3 version was leaked and is now percolating throughout the Internet.

I read an errant, pompous response of someone who related the kernel of this suspected "sentence" in the Irrational Games forum.

It's either an awful "joke," a misconstrued red herring, or true. The only way to be sure is to wait for the Wikipedia pages and such to be revised when the game formerly releases in less than a week.

Guys, we're going to need a spoiler thread unfortunately sooner rather than later. Also, STAY AWAY from the Irrational Games forum, YouTube comments, and Wikipedia.

OP, fellow Bioshock fans...

Hope your time with the game is good.

I won't be posting here until I finish the game. Been on media blackout for 2 years now.

Good luck, and take care y'all.

beastmode

I'm going to choose to ignore what I have seen. Beastmode, fuck you. If you're going to do that shit BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT be like "OMG REAL SPOILERS OR SOMETHING" because at this point, people are legit blacking out on preview media.
I thought info that is on the second result of google or whatever could be talked about in spoiler tags two posts after someone brought it up. But ok.

It is also stupid, so hopefully not true. It's not something cool like the BioShock 1 twist or anything.

I've read an errant, pompous response of someone who related the kernel of this suspected "sentence" in the Irrational Games forum.

It's either an awful "joke," a misconstrued red herring, or true. The only way to be sure is to wait for the Wikipedia pages and such to be revised when the game formerly releases in less than a week.

Guys, we're going to need a spoiler thread unfortunately sooner rather than later. Also, STAY AWAY from the Irrational Games forum, YouTube comments, and Wikipedia.

oh please oh lease let it be false and just some sort of hoax joke :(
OP, fellow Bioshock fans...

Hope your time with the game is good.

I won't be posting here until I finish the game. Been on media blackout for 2 years now.

Good luck, and take care y'all.

Very apt username lol

Dartastic

I thought info that is on the second result of google or whatever could be talked about in spoiler tags two posts after someone brought it up. But ok.
What did you google, and what was the date on it. Seriously. ANY legit spoilers should be talked about with a bit more discretion. Come on man. If the date on that was before the 19th, it might not be legit.

B33

Banned
oh please oh lease let it be false and just some sort of hoax joke :(

Relegate yourself away from potential spoilers and jettison what you've seen.

Try to go into the game fresh and remain objective.

I don't know precisely what you saw, but I have a hunch and don't think it's true. Although it could be. Better to err on the side of caution.

beastmode

What did you google, and what was the date on it. Seriously. ANY legit spoilers should be talked about with a bit more discretion. Come on man. If the date on that was before the 19th, it might not be legit.
I googled "BioShock Infinite" and it was the current wikipedia page.

If you want to avoid spoilers you should probably get away from anything related to the game for the next week.

B33

Banned
Guys, STAY AWAY from the Wikipedia page.

There are people editing alleged spoilers into spaces around the headers without any sort of warning. They're apparently disappearing and reappearing.

The Wikipedia page needs to be locked.

dejay

Banned

What a shock-tease.

Oh, and I'm out - see y'all on the other side.

Dead

well not really...yet
People reacting to spoilers is just as bad spoilers themselves. I dont want to be able to infer anything from reactions.

Top Bottom