• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

duckroll

Okay I got a PM complaining about spoilers, so I come in here, and I mostly see people going crazy over spoilers which are being posted elsewhere? I dunno. I'm confused. I guess I'll remove the spoiler marked stuff which doesn't indicate that they might actually be talking about the ending, but aside from that I don't see much to moderate... ^^;

I thought info that is on the second result of google or whatever could be talked about in spoiler tags two posts after someone brought it up. But ok.

It is also stupid, so hopefully not true. It's not something cool like the BioShock 1 twist or anything.

Regardless. If you are going to spoil. Do it the right fucking way. Goodness.

People who choose to spoil with just an entire black bar are fucking assholes and should be made to watch Teletubies on repeat. Forever. While being hammered in the junk with a porcupine.

Okay I got a PM complaining about spoilers, so I come in here, and I mostly see people going crazy over spoilers which are being posted elsewhere? I dunno. I'm confused. I guess I'll remove the spoiler marked stuff which doesn't indicate that they might actually be talking about the ending, but aside from that I don't see much to moderate... ^^;

He edited the post.

duckroll

He edited the post.

I don't think the edit was good enough. There should definitely be a much higher standard of using spoilers in an official thread before the release of a game. In fact, for story heavy games, they probably shouldn't be in the thread at all. Since no one here has played the game yet, anything would be from a leak or a second half source or whatever. If people want to discuss that sort of shit, they can make their own spoiler thread for people who don't care about that sort of thing. Just my two cents.

Zeliard

I'm a victim of that beastmode spoiler. Le sigh. Doesn't help that spoilers for me highlight on mouse-over, and I read quickly. :<

I was going to the general Steam User forum to update my Steam skin (PixelVision) and there was a thread title on there that spoiled the ending. You've been warned. It's pretty sad that people feel the need to do these sorts of things.

Dartastic

I don't think the edit was good enough. There should definitely be a much higher standard of using spoilers in an official thread before the release of a game. In fact, for story heavy games, they probably shouldn't be in the thread at all. Since no one here has played the game yet, anything would be from a leak or a second half source or whatever. If people want to discuss that sort of shit, they can make their own spoiler thread for people who don't care about that sort of thing. Just my two cents.
Thank you.

I'm a victim of that beastmode spoiler. Le sigh. Doesn't help that spoilers for me highlight on mouse-over, and I read quickly. :<

I clicked it thinking it was going to say, "this is an example of how not to do a spoiler." Read the first word, read the last word, and knew that it wasn't what I thought it was. So I barely avoided the spoiler. I just hate spoilers on unreleased media. It is a huge fucking annoyance and can really ruin the experience.

Zeliard

I clicked it thinking it was going to say, "this is an example of how not to do a spoiler." Read the first word, read the last word, and knew that it wasn't what I thought it was. So I barely avoided the spoiler. I just hate spoilers on unreleased media. It is a huge fucking annoyance and can really ruin the experience.

Yeah it was less that and more "here are massive story spoilers, unlabeled." Why anyone would ever consider bringing that stuff into the thread is beyond me, but what's done is done.

Incidentally, a friend of mine was just spoiled with the same thing in TF2 via some cunt on voice chat. Internet's going to be a mine field this week.

All your spoiler talk almost made me miss Derrick01 admitting to a crime.

I got into the first one with the complete mod for a while but I stopped for some reason. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it one day but if I haven't by now I probably never will.

f45.gif

Granted I haven't finished the game, have 9 hours on it, but it's a game I can easily get back to because of all the stuff you die for in games e.g. immersive sim. Unscripted and unique world, quests in real-time like having the person die to dogs if you don't get there in time (no timer to help you), no hand-holding, creepy as fuck atmosphere, resource management, the anomalies, and more crazy stuff.

This is the kind of game that stands the test of time.

No mods.

520181-stalker___pc.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd

f45.gif

Granted I haven't finished the game, have 9 hours on it, but it's a game I can easily get back to because of all the stuff you die for in games e.g. immersive sim. Unscripted and unique world, quests in real-time like having the person die to dogs if you don't get there in time (no timer to help you), no hand-holding, creepy as fuck atmosphere, resource management, the anomalies, and more crazy stuff.

No mods.

520181-stalker___pc.jpg
yeah not playing a billion hours out of stalker is criminal, such an amazing game.

vladdamad

For those of you that had the twist ruined for you, did it at least sound cool? Better or on par with the twist in the original Bioshock?

Ohwiseone

Jesus fuck. The backlash happening from this spoiler, all I am gonna say is, it must be one hell of a twist and ending.

I AM not leaving this topic. I am gonna go media blackout Friday (at that point it will be a week until I get the game).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm such a cheapskate, lol. I've sold half of my TF2 items and it seems like I will be able to cover Infinite purchase with my tradeable items alone + I get two games which I can trade (and at least one of them is still in demand) + shitton of items which would probably buy me another 1-2 games on sale. I think it's a sweet deal.

beastmode

For those of you that had the twist ruined for you, did it at least sound cool? Better or on par with the twist in the original Bioshock?
If true, it was sort of comparable to Atlas's identity in BioShock 1. A bit crazier, but more predictible I feel. Not even in the same realm as the twist. I really really don't think it's the megaton Levine's been hyping.

Zeliard

Fuck you beastmode :(

Stop talking about story stuff. I just wanna know how the game plays.

Shooting's apparently a bit snappier:

Eurogamer said:
One of the things that most surprised me about Infinite is that, as a shooter, it's a marked improvement over its predecessor. It is familiar, of course, but my first headshot sends a policeman careening down some stairs, with his momentum responding perfectly to the impact of the bullet and terrain. Booker's pistol instantly feels like a much more meaty, weighty thing than anything from Rapture. What's changed?

"We have new people like our systems designer that really push on what does a weapon feel like, how many frames of animation do we want for a kickback or a reload," says Robertson. "But basically I think the shooting feels better because we spent a lot more time focused on it, we actually had a team this time around of people whose job it was to think about user experience and user input - when I push this button, how long till an action happens, does it feel good, what's happening in the world, can I interact further?"

vladdamad

I checked, no help =/

Someone PM the details!

I can't wait!

oh man why would you want want to know the exact details of the spoiler? surely that would just ruin your first playthrough of the game. i just want to see people's reaction to the story so that i would know whether or not to get hyped

Kud Dukan

Well, looks like it might be time to bail out of this thread until after launch. All this talk about spoilers is making me nervous.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
oh man why would you want want to know the exact details of the spoiler? surely that would just ruin your first playthrough of the game. i just want to see people's reaction to the story so that i would know whether or not to get hyped

Someone PM'ed me the details

No biggie to me, now I'll enjoy playing it more knowing some of the outcome and look out for those details

I'm never the one that goes ZOMG spoiler, abandon ship!

Well that fed my appetite, I can sleep peacefully for a week and await the game
Andrew really did get my hyped!

So spoiler details blood is on his hands =D
(kidding of course)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Welp guess i just dodged a big spoiler. I better stay the fuck away now from this thread, it's pretty sad to see not even NeoGAF is safe.

See you on the other side.

LifEndz

Came in this thread to see if any non-journalists got their hands on the game and I'm quickly running the hell out of here for fear of story spoilers.

Sblargh

Banned

f45.gif

No mods.

520181-stalker___pc.jpg

Wobbly head made me dizzy. :(

Just wanted to warn you guys it's inevitably gonna happen in this thread. You think some asshole out there isn't getting off to all this panic we're exuding? He's just gonna make it worse.

Just wanted to warn you guys it's inevitably gonna happen in this thread. You think some asshole out there isn't getting off to all this panic we're exuding? He's just gonna make it worse.

Agreed. If you don't want to run the risk of having something spoiled, bail now. Better safe than sorry, even here on GAF.

Top Bottom