• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

movie_club

Just finished.

I recall enjoying combat much more in Bioshock and I thought that the audiofiles in Bioshock were much more interesting and contributed to understanding Rapture. The audiofiles in Infinite seemed more tied to the plot.

All in all beautiful game with fantastic pace! I felt like the entire game was hectic and rushed in the way that most games are only at during the end.

I wish more games and movies for that matter engaged with intellectual ideas as Bioshock does.

Salsa

Finished. Game's not without it's flaws but it is damn fantastic. Gonna be hard to top this year. A unique experience, and it certainly shows that it's one of the most expensive games of all time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got a little bit past the part where I finally meet up with Elizabeth. Art design is seriously stunning stuff, but I'm fairly mixed on everything else so far. The game is...well, bioshock as fuck, more than I expected for whatever reason. Same weird jank-ass looking ragdolls when I execute with the skyhook somehow making people fly upwards in a weird looking fashion. Vita-chambers are still basically here and they are still a fucking horrible idea, though I don't want to disable it(even if it's possible) due to the poorly scattered autosaves.

Anyway, is gear randomized? The second one I got has a 70% chance to light people on fire when I melee which is pretty damn ridiculously good already. Also led to an annoying attack from a skyrail where the enemy apparently was on oil so when the melee hit I damn near died.

Hamlet

Seriously. Anyone? Anyone?

ben-stein-565x303.jpg
where are you up to in the game don't want to spoil anything
It doesn't really have much of an effect in my play through. one cool thing though

Ohwiseone

What the fuck!?

I dunno where the story is going but
opening that tear into the the "second" Columbia
is making really start to enjoy.

I turned it off for the day about to head into
shantytown
which from what I have read apparently is when the story starts getting crazy.

I honestly do not know where the story was headed, I though I did, but what just happened threw me off. And god I hope I am no where near the end.

Just got a little bit past the part where I finally meet up with Elizabeth. Art design is seriously stunning stuff, but I'm fairly mixed on everything else so far. The game is...well, bioshock as fuck, more than I expected for whatever reason. Same weird jank-ass looking ragdolls when I execute with the skyhook somehow making people fly upwards in a weird looking fashion. Vita-chambers are still basically here and they are still a fucking horrible idea, though I don't want to disable it(even if it's possible) due to the poorly scattered autosaves.

Anyway, is gear randomized? The second one I got has a 70% chance to light people on fire when I melee which is pretty damn ridiculously good already. Also led to an annoying attack from a skyrail where the enemy apparently was on oil so when the melee hit I damn near died.

Gear is randomized. I got to a point where I knew where 2 boxes would be and kept restarting my game to see if it'd change

What the fuck, Irrational? What the fuck is this
zeppelin defense bullshit
?

Just like that, my whole experience is soured. It has no place here or anywhere in this game. It doesn't serve anything. It is chaotic nonsense.

Fuck. I am angry with the game now. It's dragged on for at least the last 3 hours and now they throw this crap at me? Gut punch.

Raxus

What the fuck!?

I dunno where the story is going but
opening that tear into the the "second" Columbia
is making really start to enjoy.

I turned it off for the day about to head into
shantytown
which from what I have read apparently is when the story starts getting crazy.

I honestly do not know where the story was headed, I though I did, but what just happened threw me off. And god I hope I am no where near the end.
Not even half way and you have only hit the tip of the crazy iceberg.
?

Just like that, my whole experience is soured. It has no place here or anywhere in this game. It doesn't serve anything. It is chaotic nonsense.

Fuck. I am angry with the game now. It's dragged on for at least the last 3 hours and now they throw this crap at me? Gut punch.

That is one of the easiest parts of the game. What are you doing?

Gear is randomized. I got to a point where I knew where 2 boxes would be and kept restarting my game to see if it'd change

That makes sense. One of the first hats I got was a 70% chance at lifesteal at a killing blow for a melee attack. My very next hat was the same thing but 100%.

FartOfWar

Banned
?

Difficulty level?

Hamlet

Finished the game today probably one of the most satisfying games I've played this year and its so much fun.

Using buckling bronco to make people float then finish them off with shock jockey and jumping around on all the rails( they really nailed the sense of speed) is so freaking fun.
Irrational Games prove themselves again at making fantastic worlds/settings that are packed to them brim with little neat touches that transport you into the world completely

LiK

?

wasn't that hard, tbh. you should be powerful enough at that point with your various Vigor abilities to take out the groups easily. use
Songbird
whenever it's available and you're good to go.

Shawn I saw you were specifically mentioned as a "level designer". Which areas did you design?

I ask so I can list all my problems with your levels and your levels only.

the atmosphere in this game is really great. it's so otherworldly but then it brings you right back into the shittiness of this world. the whole thing feels like a nightmare theme park on acid.

LiK

Did I miss 2 Vigors? The vendor is selling upgrades for Charge and some other thing and I have neither

Cool

The detour with the
Vox
dragged a bit and I didn't want that to sour the latter stages of the game for me.

i don't think you can miss Vigors. they pop up all over the place. if you have them already, they're just Salt potions.

and i agree, the middle part is a bit long but totally made the narrative much more interesting in the long run.

DatDude

Banned
I said that same thing (the comment you quoted) in the TR OT, although I find this game to be MUCH better than that. We're talking like a 6/10 right now which is fairly good for my tough standards.

If you enjoy the ending (which I don't know, since your a strange breed of gamer), than this will probably just to at least a 7.5 if not 8 for you.

But I'm not sure if you even care about the narrative so it might be moot for you.

Gorillaz

i'm honestly getting tired of clearing out areas finding an item in a small room and then leaving said room to find that SAME AREA full of more enemies.

I'm getting cod4 and 5 vibes and anger, of deal with this recurring enemy shit.

Top Bottom