• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Amir0x

Banned
Not even the most technically impressive game. The art direction is simply outstanding

Yeah, the art direction is insane.

Let me mention a moment that isn't really highlighted but for me personally I stood there just going back and forth and examining the lighting and the texture work.

There is a moment early on the game, very soon after you just get the magnetic skyhook ability, where you go into a house that has the game's first treasure chest. But if you start going down the stairs, there is this bit on the staircase where you see a wood texture on the wall and on the stair banister and a window lighting the area, with colors so vibrant and rich that the wood actually takes on a deep purple luster on some of it.

This area impressed me so much from an art perspective that I stayed there some 10 minutes examining it. And this isn't even a major area or moment! It's not even a spoiler to mention it because it's like a hallway in any other game... but my God! The work that went into the art in this game.

Even if everything else sucked, it would be worth a play just to experience it.

DatDude said:
Amirox I like you. I like your notion on narratives in video games.

I really want to hear your feedback after you finish the game..and don't skip the credits since there are narrative scenes after them.

To me, Infinite is the great narrative in the history of it's medium.

Playing this on a second playthrough just blows my mind. There is incredible foreshadowing, and there are details in the most smallest places (the music for example).

Plus the ending is just one of the greatest feats ever bestowed in a video game imo.

Really anticipating your feedback when you finish it :)

Will do, absolutely. Obviously due to the nature of this games narrative specifically it's not worth commenting on the nature of my opinion without finishing it, but I do have some thoughts building. Some good, some bad, about the game's overall story. We'll see where it ends up. I am absolutely glad I got to experience this game though.

antitrop

I can't stop shaking. I need to talk to somebody.

South Florida Bros ill pm you my phone number. I can't pick my brain up off the floor with the ending

tumblr_inline_mh9h3m54QG1qz4rgp.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Evilore y u no downsample

I tried enabling, but gpu scaling wasn't even listed as an option in nvidia control panel. Might be because I'm outputting to my TV through receiver? I'm on latest drivers. *shrug*, game's over now anyway ;b

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know if my computer would handle downsampling considering how bad it still stutters on occasion :(

I got an HD Radeon 7870 and a top tier processor from 2012 and 8 GB of RAM, and I did all the suggestions in the PC Bioshock Infinite topic but sometimes it still chugs like a bitch. Really frustrating and I hope for a patch

Zeliard

Not going to look at those pics just yet, though I'm still gonna say this is the best-looking game I've played. That was my impression after the first couple hours, and days later, I think it still is. It's a wet dream for any game photographer.

What are some others that you found to be laughably overpowered? I'll have to try them out on my second playthrough.

Try the Skyhook fire build I posted earlier, with the 4 gear pieces. I wouldn't necessarily call it overpowered, because melee in 1999 can still be pretty dangerous, but it is powerful and damn fun. On lower difficulties it probably cuts through almost everything.

fucucuucckkkkk I'm having trouble with
the airship battle where you have to protect the uh, "brain" for lack of better terms. those patriots keep fucking me up. -_-

Salsa

I tried enabling, but gpu scaling wasn't even listed as an option in nvidia control panel. Might be because I'm outputting to my TV through receiver? I'm on latest drivers. *shrug*, game's over now anyway ;b

Mh, weird. Could be yeah.

You should hop in on the spoiler thread btw

I don't know if my computer would handle downsampling considering how bad it still stutters on occasion :(

I think the stutter is pretty universal. Game needs some patchin

about 7 hours in. elizabeth just
held my hand to her throat and implied that i should kill her before i let her get taken away by the bird thing, should it come to that.
can someone who has finished the game give me an idea of how far along i am?

This game royally fucked my brain, and I loved every second of it! Now i'm sitting here trying to put the fragments of my shattered mind back together, lol

Muffdraul

about 7 hours in. elizabeth just
held my hand to her throat and implied that i should kill her before i let her get taken away by the bird thing, should it come to that.
can someone who has finished the game give me an idea of how far along i am?

You're not playing the game, you're just watching old trailers.

Riposte

Going to see if I can finish the game today. Without reading any spoilers and knowing that the ending is crazy, here is my guess on the ending (probably best if you don't respond)
The body you see tied to the chair at the beginning of the game is Booker

JLeack

Banned
Upgraded Bucking Bronco made it pretty easy. After you blast them with that, you can just focus on
the ghost and if she dies, so do her minions so you don't have to deal with them

What difference would this make to anything?

Right now it's considered one of the top 10 highest rated games of all-time. Going down to 93 or lower makes it just an excellent game rather than a greatest game of the century contender.

DatDude

Banned
Going to see if I can finish the game today. Without reading any spoilers and knowing that the ending is crazy, here is my guess on the ending (probably best if you don't respond)
The body you see tied to the chair at the beginning of the game is Booker

:)

Talon

The skyline gimmick is the greatest game gimmick ever. Fantastic addition to the combat.

I really, really would love an RPG set in this world. Easily the richest environment in a FPS in years.

This game has hitmarkers? Never liked those in single-player. Breaks the immersion for me.

From what I've been able to use of the guns, the feedback is GREAT. Much better than BioShock.

LiK

This game has hitmarkers? Never liked those in single-player. Breaks the immersion for me.

From what I've been able to use of the guns, the feedback is GREAT. Much better than BioShock.
gunplay is a HUGE improvement. Lots of fun. I loved getting headshots with the Hand Cannon.

mace999

Neo Member
Loved it so much, I'm now replaying Bioshock 1, played it years ago but never finished it .... and I didn't even play Bioshock 2 even though I have 2 copies of it .....
Saw that the 1st DLC for Playstation 3 was just released, anyone know what was included ?? Was it just bug fixing??

123rl

I need some help, please(near end-game spoilers)

i'm at the battle on the airship, where I have to use the Songbird to take down the enemy. I've tried it 3 times and they keep destroying my ship. How many waves do I have to go through or is there a trigger point to end it? Is there some trick I'm missing? I took down 7 gunships and it was just overwhelming and I died

Kade

You're not playing the game, you're just watching old trailers.

That part is actually in the game.

i'm at the battle on the airship, where I have to use the Songbird to take down the enemy. I've tried it 3 times and they keep destroying my ship. How many waves do I have to go through or is there a trigger point to end it? Is there some trick I'm missing? I took down 7 gunships and it was just overwhelming and I died

Take down the
giant zeppelins as soon as you can. They are the main objective.

Just keep doing what you're doing. It took a while.

LiK

Patriots respawn forever cuz they're dropped by the Zepplins. Destroy the Zepps whenever the Songbird is available
I ended that battle pretty quickly after a second retry.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
It seems like I keep having exactly the right number of lock picks with at most 1-2 extra.

I always manage to have one too few. :/

But if safes just have money that's okay, I was worried I was missing out on Infusions.

Top Bottom