• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I have the same offer I gave Derrick... if you live in the USA, I have an HD Radeon 5870 that you could average 30fps on with more than very low settings. I wouldn't be able to send it out before next Thursday, but if you want it I can send it.

Very cool of you but I got a four day weekend starting today to play this. I think I'll pick up the PS3 version and replay some day when I can get a proper gaming system instead of this Dell. Give it to someone who needs it more than me, but thank you very much for the offer!

Sullichin

Thanks, will try that. I have 8GB of RAM (although 2GB must have died since my system is only reading 6 now), a top tier processor from 2012 and I just purchased myself an HD Radeon 7870, so I definitely should be able to hit a better framerate than what I am getting.

Something's up because I have the same GPU and get 60FPS most of the time on Ultra, except for infrequent fps drops when I assume new data is being streamed in. I turned down shadows to very high though. On other games when I would get less than expected performance, disabling in-game AA and downsampling instead usually resulted in better FPS, but I've been playing this at 1080P with the AA on and it's been fine.

I had really awful stuttering in The Witcher 2, and I solved it by using RadeonPro and setting "flip queue size" to 1, might be worth a shot.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1999 mode... is no joke. Still really on, but the encounters are pure hell when you only have 2 vigors and a pea shooter to rely on. And even the basic enemies take a lot to kill. This is going to be rough.

Sanctuary

SO things that make a bioshock game a bioshock game shouldn't be in the latest bioshock game?

Yeah, that's exactly what I said...
I didn't know that the Bioshock franchise was supposed to be like COD where everyone is happy to buy the tenth iteration of the exact same game--with a new map!

Guess Who

Banned
Yeah, that's exactly what I said...
I didn't know that the Bioshock franchise was supposed to be like COD where everyone is happy to buy the tenth iteration of the exact same game--with a new map!

Yes, this is exactly like Call of Duty. Totally the exact same game with new maps.

Ok, I'm in
Comstock House on the third floor looking for the Warden's Office.
About how much longer do I have until I'm done? Trying to decide on going to dinner right now or finishing the game first.

Z6i21zv.jpg

My favourite moment, also stick around at the credits for more goodness.

Ah crap, immediately skipped that.

StuBurns

Banned
My favourite moment, also stick around at the credits for more goodness.
Yeah, a personal highlight for me too. When I watched the credits, I was concerned
that I missed another song, because I think her VA is credited with vocals on a piano song as well
So far, the only thing that is any different is the paint and narrative. People keep talking about how "vastly improved" the gunplay is, but it actually feels extremely generic and about the same as the first. The AI is also setup so that it plays just like a shooting gallery.
CoD is a strange comparison, those games are like rail-shooters off rails, Infinite is much closer to the encounter arena style shooters, Halo, Crysis 2, etc.

Sanctuary

Yes, this is exactly like Call of Duty. Totally the exact same game with new maps.

So far, the only thing that is any different is the paint and narrative. People keep talking about how "vastly improved" the gunplay is, but it actually feels extremely generic and about the same as the first. The AI is also setup so that it plays just like a shooting gallery. The audio and visual aspects are nice, but the gameplay is extremely weak all around. Some of the Vigors seem like nothing new as well after having played Bioshock 1&2 and more recently Dishonored.

gdt

Ok, I'm in
Comstock House on the third floor looking for the Warden's Office.
About how much longer do I have until I'm done? Trying to decide on going to dinner right now or finishing the game first.

Maybe an hour/90 minutes depending on how long the final battle takes you.

Zeliard

Skylines are the best thing. What I wouldn't give for an open world game set in a fantastical city like this, with Skylines as the primary form of movement. I'm actually upset that I'll never see it.

I think so far my favorite moment in the game was jumping onto a Skyrail right in front of an enemy riding the Skyrail to get to me, spinning around and headshotting him with a Carbine sending him flying off into the clouds. So much fun.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd gladly take DLC that was just more skyrail-room combat scenarios.

antitrop

So far, the only thing that is any different is the paint and narrative. People keep talking about how "vastly improved" the gunplay is, but it actually feels extremely generic and about the same as the first. The AI is also setup so that it plays just like a shooting gallery. The audio and visual aspects are nice, but the gameplay is extremely weak all around. Some of the Vigors seem like nothing new as well after having played Bioshock 1&2 and more recently Dishonored.

I really enjoyed having magical powers and a terrain traversal combat mechanic in Call of Duty.

The only strategic choice you have in Call of Duty is whether to aim down the sights or fire from the hip.

Just got to
Comstocks house - After the first lady crashes

This game is so damn beautiful.
The lightning, the colors
its almost too much. I am going to be so sad when this adventure is over.

Top Bottom