• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Amir0x

Banned
Oh, I also just wanted to say about the visuals:

Just after Monument Island Spoilers:

<
That the whole escape from Monument Island/Statue Collapse scene was the most visually gorgeous thing I've ever seen in a game. Holy shit does not even begin to describe it.
>

Vire

I might have missed it in the special thanks section or something, but completely axing Nate Well's name from the art credits seems fucking crazy.

Wow, that's awful if true.

Guess the terms he left on weren't pretty...

Shame because the art in this game is absolutely phenomenal and I'm sure he had a large part in it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I might have missed it in the special thanks section or something, but completely axing Nate Well's name from the art credits seems fucking crazy.

Standard practice in the video game industry. No regulation of accreditation.

Milchjon

Oh, I also just wanted to say about the visuals:

Just after Monument Island Spoilers:

<
That the whole escape from Monument Island/Statue Collapse scene was the most visually gorgeous thing I've ever seen in a game. Holy shit does not even begin to describe it.
>

I just passed that point again, and it's totally incredible.
I think that's one of the main things it has over Bioshock. I don't remember a single (action) scene from that game, while this has plenty unforgettable ones.

Ceebs

Started a second round to see what I've missed and to play with the vigors a bit more.

Thought I'd play for a few minutes, but couldn't stop before I'd played another 2 hours.

I think I enjoy it even more this time around. I realized I really hadn't taken advantage of the vigors enough.

I am doing this too (also getting all the Voxophones I missed), but with this time I am just using a trainer to give me unlimited salt and money so I can upgrade all the vigors and just go wild with them.

Already realizing I missed out on Bucking Bronco in my first playthrough (bought it from the carnival vending machine).

Just got to the infamous
Comstock House

About how far would you say I am, GAF? I figure I must be pretty close to the end what with the number of voxophones remaining.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
bioshockinfinitecovermistake.jpg

Anyone got the 360 version? Is this on it too? Was there a PC boxed version?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Also I want to know the logistics of Battleship Bay. How do they keep recycling all that water? Inquiring Minds, yo.

There's a little tidbit that explains it. If I remember, Elizabeth talks about it. I just heard her say something as I was exploring.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have already seen pictures of this infamously bad texture, but seeing it in person is truly staggering. It isn't even hard to get to or hidden in any way, lol.

Milchjon

I really like going through the room after a big fight and finding out all the resources you could have used to your advantage.

Haha, yeah.

Some of the fights make it pretty hard to figure out a strategy that takes advantage of the location because whenever you stick your head out, your shield vanishes.

So you just stay back sniping and spamming vigors.

Do you guys keep collecting coins from corpses, closets etc throughout the whole game? What I am doing now reminds me much of the start of Fallout/Skyrim where I had to look everywhere for loot.

what's this?

yea i saw it too...you should just wait to see it yourself. This game has some texture loading problems if you start running and get ahead of the lod...UE3 lolz

but seriously the game is really beautiful overall! I really love the use of art direction over super duper technical bells and whistles like some other games

Yes, on the way back from
The Hall of Heroes.

awesome thnx

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yea i saw it too...you should just wait to see it yourself. This game has some texture loading problems if you start running and get ahead of the lod...UE3 lolz

but seriously the game is really beautiful overall! I really love the use of art direction over super duper technical bells and whistles like some other games

the only one I remember is a great big gate that Booker slowly pushes through at some point. Does anyone have a screenshot?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
what's this?

It's a huge texture on the side of a statue that looks like it's waiting to load in but never does. I can't find a picture right now and fear spoilers too much to look for it, but someone else might be able to post it.

If you want to find it,
coming back from the Hall of Heroes, when you get on the skyrail to return and jump down to an area where a tear for a robotic patiot can be made, just turn up the stairs and it'll be right in your face.

Talon

By the way, this game is completely balanced for two weapons. You could cheese the hell out of the combat if you could even carry four weapons.

3/4th ish spoilers

an optional quest just told me to go investigate the bar. Is that after the going through the turnstile or do I have to backtrack?

FartOfWar

Banned
i should go out and find these call of duty games that play like infinite since i apparently got defective copies or something

It's a real head scratcher to me, but then I'm so invested in FPS permutations, it's rather like being the ornithologist who can't parse what a person means when he says a cuckoo and a Figbird are essentially the same.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's entirely possible to play Infinite like a COD game when there aren't any heavy-hitters around. It's just... unimaginative.

edit: on normal, at least. Perhaps higher difficulties necessitate heavy cover usage and "hunkering down".

Top Bottom