• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I loved the Handcannon. I had to actively try to stop myself from just using it the whole game.

The Handcannon headshots feel so good. Especially if you can get that bit of gear that causes enemies to shoot out sparks when you get an overkill. Delicious

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bucking Bronco is by far my favorite Vigor.
Honestly, I've said this before, but looking back on every vigor other than maybe the lightning bolt, they all have interesting effects on groups of enemies. BB is great because of the super low cost.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's interesting because the carbine's my personal favorite. What I'm doing my first playthrough is purposefully using every weapon to see what I like and dislike so I know exactly what to upgrade for my 1999 runthrough. Also some weapons are better for certain battles than others.

Haha, I'll have to try it out more then. Like I said, I have been swapping out but mostly just to keep it fresh for myself, as I'm trying to avoid a Bioshock 1 scenario of beasting on the game with the shock + wrench as that got incredibly dull.

It's just hard to give up one of the two weapons when I have been getting a good groove with both to try to give another a shot for encounters where I don't know what will be thrown at me.

Chakan

Just finished it.

This is, hands down, the best game I've ever played in my entire life. And I play games since 1980's.

What a story. What an ending. So epic. Amazing gameplay, incredible characters, stunning visuals, oscar winning soundtrack and Columbia. I'm speechless.

Chrono Trigger, so sorry, but step down. Bioshock Infinite is now my favourite game of all time.

I'll play it again, just need some time. Still absorbing the ending.

Zeliard

Honestly, I've said this before, but looking back on every vigor other than maybe the lightning bolt, they all have interesting effects on groups of enemies. BB is great because of the super low cost.

The vigors are all pretty great, and the combos are awesome, especially when you amplify them with certain gear. Lightning is fantastic against groups; hook it up to Undertow and something like the Storm Hat and good night Irene.

Going salt-heavy is the most enjoyable way to play this game.

DukeBobby

Just finished it.

This is, hands down, the best game I've ever played in my entire life. And I play games since 1980's.

What a story. What an ending. So epic. Amazing gameplay, incredible characters, stunning visuals, oscar winning soundtrack and Columbia. I'm speechless.

Chrono Trigger, so sorry, but step down. Bioshock Infinite is now my favourite game of all time.

I'll play it again, just need some time. Still absorbing the ending.

It's definitely worthy of a place in my top 5.

Absolutely outstanding game.

Gorillaz

Finished it.

That was.

wow. Though I think I knew part of the twist before hand ,
Booker being Comstock due to the fact they let Comstock be so mysterious. It hit me around the time Elizabeth changed her clothes.

Will most likely replay ASAP. As of now The Last of Us is the only other game contending for GOTY over Infinite. It will be hard topping it.

DukeBobby

Finished it.

That was.

wow. Though I think I got part of the twist
Booker being Comstock due to the fact they let Comstock be so mysterious. It hit me around the time Elizabeth changed her clothes.

Will most likely replay ASAP.

I think a lot of people got that part. It's just...everything else that is so mind-blowing.

Why was it so hard to sneak up on enemies in this game? Often I'd crouch and move into an area where there were enemies with their backs turned. Then all of a sudden the music ramps up and they all turn and attack me.

Vire

Why was it so hard to sneak up on enemies in this game? Often I'd crouch and move into an area where there were enemies with their back turned. Then all of a sudden the music ramps up and they all turn and attack me.

Because it's not a stealth game?

Gav47

I loved knocking bunch of dudes off an airship with one Undertow blast. Oh and grabbing snipers and pulling them onto the barrel of a shotgun never got old. And walking up to a motorised patriot with Return to sender while catching all his bullets was pretty badass.

I'd love to see dual wielding vigors in one of the pieces of dlc.

SmithnCo

I'd loved knocking bunch of dudes off an airship with one Undertow blast. Oh and grabbing snipers and pulling them onto the barrel of a shotgun never got old. And walking up to a motorised patriot with Return to sender while catching all his bullets was pretty badass.

Dual wielding vigors would be awesome. I'm just discovering how fun undertow and charge can be in my second playthrough.

Vire

I loved knocking bunch of dudes off an airship with one Undertow blast. Oh and grabbing snipers and pulling them onto the barrel of a shotgun never got old. And walking up to a motorised patriot with Return to sender while catching all his bullets was pretty badass.

Genius! I need to do this on my next playthrough.

Dartastic

I have to compliment the support service of 2K Games. I bought the premium edition yesterday, which came with a soundtrack that could be downloaded once from their website. I managed to accidentally delete the zip file when I was removing other similar files from the desktop, and they gave me another download link. Really quick and helpful service.
I have to shake my fist at the person in charge of compiling those files. WHY NO AUDIO FILE TAGS. AUGH.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Genius! I need to do this on my next playthrough.
During the end-game
you can pull all the enemies to you with Undertow, then push them back off. It makes the ship-to-ship battle so damn easy. You never have to leave your ship, unless you'd like recharge salts or something.

I loved knocking bunch of dudes off an airship with one Undertow blast.

That was literally the first thing I did once I got Undertow. I Skylined up to an airship, landed down, threw out an Undertow which blasted them all out into space, and jumped back onto the Skyline shouting "Booker AWAAAAAY!"

Wynnebeck

Banned
So just played another 2 hours from the
First Lady's airship and just reached the Impound in Shantytown
. Is this the mid game slog everyone was referring to because going back and forth through
The Good Time Club
wasn't very fun. I'm guessing I'm about halfway through?

Jopie

I can't do it. Every single time I get into combat I just want to turn the game off. Then I stop caring, then I die and I do. I'll just watch the best parts on youtube.

I feel the same way. Once this gets combat heavy, I really start to dislike the game.

Vire

. Is this the mid game slog everyone was referring to because going back and forth through
The Good Time Club

Yes and yes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think my favourite room in the game was probably the bit in Shantytown
with the two giant turrets and the rails
. Awesome scale, great opportunities to use everything you've learnt up to that point... just a satisfying encounter on every level.

Gorillaz

The Good Time Club

getting to the halfway point, like 40 percent ish

FartOfWar

Banned
That was literally the first thing I did once I got Undertow. I Skylined up to an airship, landed down, threw out an Undertow which blasted them all out into space, and jumped back onto the Skyline shouting "Booker AWAAAAAY!"

I'm so happy some of you do this. It's how I play and part of what makes the "corridor shooter" charge seem so outlandish.

Chaining Shock Jockey with Bucking Bronco is amazing.

Bombarding dudes on the ship with the hail gun then turning around to do it again is plenty fun too.

HoJu

I'm so happy some of you do this. It's how I play and part of what makes the "corridor shooter" charge seem so outlandish.
There are some encounters that are in corridors though. Mostly in the beginning, which gives off a rough first impression.
Was that a conscious decision, to ease players into understanding the mechanics before experiencing the more open environments?

Honestly I think people are creating a disservice to themselves if they play this game like a regular shooter. Part of what makes combat so amazing is all the options you have at your fingertips. If I finish a combat sequence and haven't used every tear available to me, I feel disappointed in myself. I immediately think "Aw man, I could have done THAT!" My one sadness is that the water pools and oil spills and things like that, if they aren't tears, are really hard to spot when you're zipping around a battlefield and a lot of time if I end up using them, it's completely on accident.

If you play the game like Call of Duty, it's obviously going to be like Call of Duty. But if you play it like Bioshock Infinite, it's a different experience and really amazing. You just have to be in the right mindset.

rabhw

Can anyone tell me about how far I am in the game?

I...
just opened the tear for the gunsmith Mr. Lin, and now I went back to his gun shop in the alternate reality. Need to go to shantytown now to get his tools back.

Zeliard

I like Fire Crows. Toss some crows with Crow Trap Aid at enemies in a chokepoint, the lob a fireball w/ Storm Hat, and everything will burn and die and make more crow traps, enemies trigger them, fireball, they burn, etc.

Dartastic

I get it though, at least early on. The beginning of the game before you start to actually get to skylines in combat seems fairly sterile, and at least when I was playing through it (on hard) it made far more sense to pop in and out of cover while maybe laying out a trap or two. I didn't have the creativity I wanted, partially because of the absence of some of the systems that are just now opening up (I just finished
Lady Comstock's Airship
) and partially because of the way the health is designed. If I didn't also lose health when I lost my shields (due to it stacking or something) I would probably take more chances and have enjoyed it more, at least before it opens up.

That being said, skylines are just now popping up in combat. And it's awesome. I think even before the skylines started popping up in earnest, there was a missed chance to at least put some of those hooks up in the sky for players to escape to.

gdt

How were people NOT Undertowing dudes off the city? I did the all the time. Very fun in big fights to start Undertowing people away while moving through skylines.

With the range increase UT is a beast. I was using that during a certain airship heavy part of the game like crazy.
Was mostly able to stay on mine and UT dudes on the next ship over.

Top Bottom