• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Vire

What do you think the ending is, out of interest? I won't confirm either way of course. And best spoiler tag it, but it'd be interesting to see how close you are.

One thing I love about the ending, it doesn't do the typical twist thing of flashing back to instances of foreshadowing. I always hated the WYK flashbacks, as if you can't remember them yourself.

Would you kindly head to Ryan's office and kill the son of the bitch.

Sorry, I love that line. :p
Spoiler tags Vire .....

I feel like a father talking to my little kid.

Oh C'mon, it's like an hour into the game and you know Elizabeth is with you the whole game.

The Songbird

Straight There Will Be Blood shit here. 1:11 for best part

Gracias! I knew it reminded me of something...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Would you kindly head to Ryan's office and kill the son of the bitch.

Sorry, I love that line. :p

Oh C'mon, it's like an hour into the game and you know Elizabeth is with you the whole game...

and even if it's only 2 minutes into the game, it's a huge event in the game and there is no need to ruin it for other people don't you think?

Mindlog

Barrels
Cabinets
Corpses
Crates
Desks
Dressers
Trash Cans

Who likes doing this? Who likes looking through all these things to find trinkets? I know this has been a staple for generations, but I am so tired of this. I HATE this. Why is this a thing? It's not immersive. It's not rewarding. It's not interesting. It's fucking monotonous.

Infinite is not the first and won't be the last game to do this. Borderlands was a thousand times worse. I'm just reaching a breaking point with this.

Elizabeth: Do you here that? Sounds like someone crying.
Me: Hold on. I have to look through all this SHIT. Maybe I'll find some credits or something.

I'm better now.
But not really.

ps (minor plot/enemy spoiler)
Nebelwerfer Zeppelin was great. I got a chuckle out of it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I guess I am near the end now. Opened up some red rifts. I like shooting off heads now. You could call me.... the head Lauper.

I'm Sorry

Leeness

I love this game even though I'm terrible at it. It's so pretty. I really like Booker and Elizabeth and the world and the sky lines and everything.

<3 I'm so happy this game turned out well after the troubled sounding development.

Darklord

Banned
Just finished it. My reaction to the last hour.

7rYRmdr.gif

BaEyZzl.gif

kHslqtK.gif

IawffN1.gif

Infinite is not the first and won't be the last game to do this. Borderlands was a thousand times worse. I'm just reaching a breaking point with this.

Yeah, this is pretty much why Borderlands is still my least favorite game this gen. It's the gaming equivalent of a cat toy, just without the benefit of there being a cat.

Lady Comstock
Bossfight on hard in Graveyard. Bullshit

This game on hard is at times more unfair that playing COD on Veteran - which I call COMEPLTE BULLSHIT

Whoever designed the boss fight encounters needs a slap. ALL OF THEM SUCK. They ruin the challange of the rest of the game - which is fun on hard

All the looting is the one thing keeping it from a 9/10 in my head. I feel like a fuckin' janitor playing this game sometimes, clicking on every damn object so I don't fall behind on the upgrades. It's the opposite of fun. Anti-fun. The lowest form of "exploration". And it's EVERY ROOM. It's like if RE4 had a dozen wooden boxes and barrels you should check in every room, for 12+ hours. Mikami would be like, "Ok, cut out 2/3rds of these damn things so the pacing doesn't go to shit, pls"

KageZero

Bioshock.... I got the game 2 days ago and i must admit i'm kind of disappointed so far. To be honest it was the location and artwork that attracted me to the game so i really didn't know what to expect from the gameplay side since i only saw others playing bio 2 but never tried it myself. And then bam, it's just another shooter game... The narration and graphics are nice, music and characters are lovely but this shouldn't have been this kind of game. I don't know how to put it but something is just missing, fps isn't the right type for this game. Although i want to end it even after only 2-3 hours i'm tired of the gameplay, but i would like to end it for the story only... such a shame to be honest :/

mileS

I finished a big fight, the next part says I should head to Comstock's house.

There are 3 hairpin locks I can head in different directions. I don't want to miss anything. What do I do?

Ciastek3214

Anyone know the song that is played when you are
escaping out of the tower with Elizabeth on the rails?

It's super intense, I love it.

Oh yeah, that moment. Gotta say it was where the game peaked for me. Too bad the rest of the game couldn't live up to it.

Lady Comstock
Bossfight on hard in Graveyard. Bullshit

This game on hard is at times more unfair that playing COD on Veteran - which I call COMEPLTE BULLSHIT

Whoever designed the boss fight encounters needs a slap. ALL OF THEM SUCK. They ruin the challange of the rest of the game - which is fun on hard

I'm stuck on it now...How'd u beat it?

Mr. RHC

Infinite had an incredible first hour or so and fantastic hours that followed and it is an incredibly gorgeous looking game with plenty of eye candy locations. I'm enjoying this quite a lot!

StuBurns

Banned
I finished a big fight, the next part says I should head to Comstock's house.

There are 3 hairpin locks I can head in different directions. I don't want to miss anything. What do I do?
If you're where I think you are, you can't actually progress anyway, you'll be forced to explore that hub once you go to your current destination.

DSmalls84

So do you have to collect all 80 voxophones in one playthrough for the achievement? I think I finished at 79. >:|

I don't think so. I had 71 in my first play through and in my second play through the ones I have found added to my achievement progress.

Edit: The same goes for the achievement for watching all of the movie clips and using the telescopes.

mileS

If you're where I think you are, you can't actually progress anyway, you'll be forced to explore that hub once you go to your current destination.

Ok. Main reason I ask is it says head to Comstock's house, and I just don't want to be locked out of exploring the other areas. I assume after I goto my objective the game will lead me down the other 2 hairpin lock areas afterwards? I went exploring down one, no save points at all, came across a cemetery (but there was nothing to do besides kill 2 soldiers)

Okay WTF.

Just died 15 times in a row and lost alotta cash!

How do I beat
Liz's Mom's Ghost?

I know how you feel.

If you need a bit of help, the second you go out the gate turn right and make a U-Turn. Go into the tomb with the four med-kits. Camp there, and take potshots at her from behind the grave in-front of the med-kits. Hope Liz gives you enough Ammo and Salts to keep going.

I am having problems here too on Hard - but she is beatable this way if you take your time

It takes way too long to be fair. Terrible encounter design

StuBurns

Banned
Ok. Main reason I ask is it says head to Comstock's house, and I just don't want to be locked out of exploring the other areas. I assume after I goto my objective the game will lead me down the other 2 hairpin lock areas afterwards? I went exploring down one, no save points at all, came across a cemetery (but there was nothing to do besides kill 2 soldiers)
Yeah, you're where I thought. Go where it wants you to, and it'll force you to explore that level before you return and can progress.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Help on boss:

Try and ignore the little minions and only focus on her, she has a lot of health but eventually she'll go down. When she dies, the rest of them evaporate.

Dude spoiler tags. Normally i get games 2-3 days earlier i will so ruin The Last of Us for you bro.

:p

Won

Starting to get a bit tired of the combat and from some stuff I read here, I'm probably not even half way through. Dammit. :/

Story also lost its momentum a bit. I hope it picks up soon again.

beastmode

Without getting into too much detail, I found that the game's politics were pretty half-baked as a whole. (Spoilers, act 2)
The Vox Populi work better as an allegory for lynch justice or the French revolutionary vanguard--especially in light of Elizabeth's explicit reference to Les Miserables--than for turn-of-the-century anarchists or even trade unionists, which is what the game leads you to expect.

I was a little disappointed because I find the early 20th to be very fascinating politically, especially in a US context. McKinley, Roosevelt, Taft, and Wilson... flight, the Russo-Japanese intervention, Cuba, Panama, World War 1... America's uneasy relationship with race... the conquest of the last continental frontiers... anarchism and the assassination of McKinley, the attempted assassination of Roosevelt... Just really riveting stuff. Instead we don't get a single political reference post-Lincoln, even in the Boxer Rebellion conversation it's explicitly unsaid WHICH president asked Comstock to stand down...

So basically I felt like the Vox sort of went nowhere. I enjoyed how the first act kept it ambiguous whether or not they even existed, or if they were just a boogyman Comstock used to keep people complacent.
Yeah it doesn't seem to have much to do with Anarchism as I understand it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Commune
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homage_to_Catalonia

My guess is that BioShock isn't interested in things that don't become a complete disaster.

I am almost ready to tun this game down to medium.

The main game is fantastic on Hard, but the boss encounters are impossible

Do I ruin the fun of the main game by going to medium, or do I ruin the pacing of the game by having to play boss fights multiple times?

I am starting to feel this game could have done with a few more months of polish

Okay WTF.

Just died 15 times in a row and lost alotta cash!

How do I beat
Liz's Mom's Ghost?

What items do you have? I despised this section as I was pretty low on everything.

I had more or less nothing entering the graveyard except a pistol and an empty crank gun so I relied almost solely on the shotgun and heater that are within the area. I stayed consistently within the tiny narrow passage underneath the centre 'jut'. Devil's Kiss works somewhat decently to do damage and Incendinary (apologies if I got the name wrong) in this thread said that using an upgraded Charge made the fight simple (it was the only Vigor I didn't upgrade so I can't confirm this but I trust the strategy). Possession is good for some brief respite as is the upgraded Crow Vigor. If you have a carbine/sniper/hand cannon you're in luck and if you didn't use all the ammo the Crankgun on the wall may be useful. This section was, by far, the most annoying section in my opinion, it felt to me like it was merely an endurance test. How much money do you have? If you're almost broke anyway you could just keep on doing tiny amounts of damage, dying when you die and then repeating. I didn't use Undertow on the boss (because I felt it wouldn't do much damage since as far as I can see it's merely a push and grab) so I don't know if it does damage (although, again, I doubt it would but admittedly I may be wrong). EDIT: And of course, focus on the boss. The zombies will just continually respawn and waste your resources.

Sorry for not being much help.

Guevara

The Lutece's are such fun characters. Hope we get to see more of them in the DLCs .

I can't believe you never go to
Lutece Labs. Elizabeth even points it out to you on your way to Comstock house. I was expecting it to be like 1912 x Portal in there.

Top Bottom