• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Really? I think it is a 2/10. If you beat the game on hard you basically know what to do and what tonics and guns you want to upgrade. Being good with your money is half the battle. Scavenging takes care of the rest. Pick up every upgrade and dollar you can find and manage your salts properly and you will only have troubles in a few obvious locations.

Come to think it, maybe I would rate it lower.

I've died twice, and I'm right near the end now.

I do like doing it without using the dollar bill machines I must say, makes the game slightly more tactical.

Come to think it, maybe I would rate it lower.

I've died twice, and I'm right near the end now.

I do like doing it without using the dollar bill machines I must say, makes the game slightly more tactical.
Damn is this your first time through or second?

I died a ton of times on 1999 but it was my first time through the game period. In general it was often times better to reload a checkpoint than use the continue as some of the respawn points are absolutely useless and plop you right down next to an angry patriot.

zychi

Banned
The only game I can see having a shot at beating it is Last of Us

SR4, MGSV(assuming its this year) and BF4 mp are the onyl games that might surpass this for me. I already know Ill love the Last of Us, but I know it wont be my GOTY just by the combat looking way too similar to Uncharted

Damn is this your first time through or second?

I died a ton of times on 1999 but it was my first time through the game period. In general it was often times better to reload a checkpoint than use the continue as some of the respawn points are absolutely useless and plop you right down next to an angry patriot.

Second.

On hard I died 3-4 times, and that was to the handyman.

The patriots were surprisingly (to my relief) easy to deal with.

I've gotten
the Shock Jockey in the Hall of Heroes and saved just as I was about to ride the elevator down to the boardwalk of Soldier's Field.

The combat is really getting great. There's stuff I discover afterwards for some encounters that makes me very eager to play them on a second run. Really want to explore my options in these combat spaces. The tears, the vigors, the skylines, the weapons, Elizabeth...everything's coming together for the gameplay.

spirity

Games like this just do not happen often, unfortunately, but when they do they're glorious. On my second playthrough and I'm enjoying the foreshadowing as well as approaching combat differently.

Megasoum

Banned
Could somebody tell me how I'm supposed to open the gate to the
crypt in the cemetery
to get the gear? I'm too afraid of spoilers so I don't want to google it lol.

I do worry that games are going to end up like anime localisation, with the same small pool of voice talent. I also thought Booker was played by Nolan North initially.

FartOfWar

Banned
Haha yeah that's what I've been doing but it takes ages and he still kills me half the time with his charge.

They're releasing a hard copy of the soundtrack of this game right?

Undertow is best straight stun with chest exposure. Crows work. With the right gear you can finish a Charge with temp invuln. Use skylines to bait him into skyline denial attacks then counter attack. Look for decoy tears. Devils kiss and tis traps do good direct damage.

Could somebody tell me how I'm supposed to open the gate to the
crypt in the cemetery
to get the gear? I'm too afraid of spoilers so I don't want to google it lol.

I thought that was a bit unfair since there's nothing really similar earlier in the game. You have to
use Devil's Kiss on the two torches on either side of the gate at which point the torches light and the gate opens

Megasoum

Banned
I thought that was a bit unfair since there's nothing really similar earlier in the game. You have to
use Devil's Kiss on the two torches on either side of the gate at which point the torches light and the gate opens

No way lol...I actually tried that and it didn't work lol. I was thinking that it would have been a nice nod to Zelda haha. I guess I'll retry now. Thanks!

I have no idea where I got that name from...

Meant
Volley Gun
I'm on the mission where
you have to go to Shantytown to retrieve the tools. They're in barrels that Elizabeth can open with tears. They're scattered around the environment in certain areas.

Does it track how many kills you've gotten with certain guns? I see that notifications pop up when you reach certain numbers, but is there a menu I can just check or something?

SmithnCo

lol, I tried to hit a sniper with a return to sender trap, missed, but used an undertow pull and pulled him through the trap which killed him.

Quesa

Re: Ending -- if nothing else, I like that
To some degree, the infinite universes could be a metaphor for every individual play through of the game by every person who plays it.

Dartastic

So, I think I'm pretty far into the game, but I need to know whether or not I should go exploring right now. I'm about to enter
the Comstock House
but there's also the
gardens and that other market area
that I can go to. Should I go exploring, or will the game guide me in that direction anyway? Also, how far in am I?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I think I'm pretty far into the game, but I need to know whether or not I should go exploring right now. I'm about to enter
the Comstock House
but there's also the
gardens and that other market area
that I can go to. Should I go exploring, or will the game guide me in that direction anyway? Also, how far in am I?

Go where the game tells you at this juncture, you won't miss anything .

You have 2-2.5 hours left

I know people got those chain wrist tattoos inspired by BioShock. I wonder how long before we see someone put a scar of the AD on the back of their hand.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really, REALLY, want to play this. I still haven't received my code from the AMD promo though. :/ Wtf

I got mine a day or two before the game launched. I would shoot them an email.

Jachaos

So I have only played early parts of Bioshock, it's in backlog. Can I jump in on this one without finishing the first ?

Edit : Weak first post to a page

KorrZ

I just finished it. The last third of the game was pretty much perfect. I was expecting the ending to be disappointing or at least not live up to all the hype I've been reading about for it. I was wrong. One of the best endings in a very long time. I need some more time to reflect on it, off to the spoiler thread!

Thank you Ken Levine!

For the achievements that are like 'get x number of kills with y or z weapon' do the number of kills you get with y and z weapons add up, or do you have to stick to just one?

Lucid07

The part where you turn around

JKUJ74P.jpg

That turns out to be one of the more resonate decisions you make in the game. Stay tuned.

I've just finished it...Stay tuned??

LiK

Tell me the results I just want the one that gives me the most benefit (don't assuage me with that emotional crap either).

I need every advantage I can get in 1999 mode.

he ends up being lobotimized in a cell. i shot him for the heck of it and Elizabeth actually remarked that it was better for him. Very nice touch.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just started it - this game has already proven that you don't need frequent combat mechanics to have fun. Exploring, analyzing, and watching the city is all I have done so far. I stayed and listened to a quartet sing, "God only knows."

Top Bottom