• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Ok I'm in the (late game spoilers?)
graveyard and I fought Lady Comstock's ghost
, she left but is there any way to get into the building on the right of where she was? There's a gate but no lock.

Vire

it'll come together

I dunno, if you're lost 3 hours in, I'd say you are fucked.

I really don't think it's complicated at all in the beginning. In fact it's quite simple.

I mean there are unknowns, but you can't expect to know everything about the world in the first hour or so. Hell that's part of the fun!

, she left but is there any way to get into the building on the right of where she was? There's a gate but no lock.

I haven't found a way in yet, and I'm a couple hours after that point. Reason dictates that you have to be able to somehow, considering there's a piece of equipment back there to collect.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

That was the one place I couldn't figure out how to get into.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok... lmao (light late game location spoiler)
Undertow is really overpowered when you'Re on a airship hahaha. I pushed over the rails 5-6 guys in one single push
The kind of thing that I really wished I was capturing so I could make a crazy gif lol.

I haven't found a way in yet, and I'm a couple hours after that point. Reason dictates that you have to be able to somehow, considering there's a piece of equipment back there to collect.

That was the one place I couldn't figure out how to get into.

You need to use the fire vigor on the two torches (one on each sides of the gate)

chidrock

I was hoping someone could help me out with a quick question. I've tried searching but I can't look too close because I don't want to get spoiled on anything. I'm at a point pretty early on where I've come to a machine where I can buy aids to the two vigors that it have. (
crows trap or devil's kiss
)The only problem is that I barely have enough for one of them, and this is after I have been searching through every crate and trash can in the game lol.

Do I have to worry about buying these now, or can I get them later? It's really weird how expensive these are...

Graphics in the PC version of this game are incredible. not so much the rendering techniques, its the way the visuals are coherent and so well integrated into the world you look at. such a visual treat and makes me think alot less of other games with fancier rendering techniques.

I think the word you are looking for is aesthetic.

Well into it now, about 6-7 hours. Combat is really tough for me, and I'm on medium difficulty. Ive died many times. Very disorienting, and some tough enemies. The
mechanical patriots
and especially the
crow dudes
- they're only in one place for half a second. By the time I can get a glimpse, they're gone. I'm having trouble just picking guys out of the landscape at time - and this is with their health bars turned on. Luckily the penalty for death isn't too bad.

Story is interesting but it's still a slow burn.

NeoUltima

I was hoping someone could help me out with a quick question. I've tried searching but I can't look too close because I don't want to get spoiled on anything. I'm at a point pretty early on where I've come to a machine where I can buy aids to the two vigors that it have. (
crows trap or devil's kiss
)The only problem is that I barely have enough for one of them, and this is after I have been searching through every crate and trash can in the game lol.

Do I have to worry about buying these now, or can I get them later? It's really weird how expensive these are...

You can get them later, and yeah, upgrades are pricey in the game. Can't upgrade everything. You gotta pick and choose.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, I think I'm near the end... and this section is really pissing me off but...
I'm on the prophet airship or whatever and the Vox are attacking like crazy... any tips? They keep killing me during the ridiculously long shooter gallery.

Also how far am I from the end?

LiK

Okay, I think I'm near the end... and this section is really pissing me off but...
I'm on the prophet airship or whatever and the Vox are attacking like crazy... any tips? They keep killing me during the ridiculously long shooter gallery.

near the end. use Vigors like Crow or Bronco. easy peasy.

set up traps on the choke at the bow of the ship and barrage them with rounds. You are really near the end like an hour or so to go I think

chidrock

You can get them later, and yeah, upgrades are pricey in the game. Can't upgrade everything. You gotta pick and choose.

Cool...thanks! I just wasn't sure if I should break the bank for one of them now or just hold onto my resources in case a new vigor came along that I would need to buy.

Wasn't expecting to buy everything, but figured I'd have enough for supplies...

Gorillaz

that literally is the home coming stretch
its basically over once you reach the top of comstocks airship

Using the skyhooks along with bucking bronco/shock jock upgraded helps out.

All right, how far into the game am I? I just got
kicked off the airship after meeting Daisy Fitzroy for the first time.

Also, the moment with the
Mozart music?
WOW. Really awesome.

All right, how far into the game am I? I just got
kicked off the airship after meeting Daisy Fitzroy for the first time.

Also, the moment with the
Mozart music?
WOW. Really awesome.

I don't know why, but that point of the game seems like the most common "Alright, how far along am I?" point. You're about a quarter to a third through.

I think I am near or at the end. I really enjoyed the atmosphere throughout most of the game and the story is good though I do feel that a lot of the character development falls flat. Unfortunately these last few chapters have just been really frustrating and tedious and really dragged down my overall opinion of the game. At this point I just want it to end, but I imagine I still have a few annoying fights left.

Overall I think the world presented is fantastic, but I just don't really like the feel of the gunplay or many of the enemy encounters - specifically the frequency with which enemies will just swarm me and melee or sit on the far edge of sniper range and pick me off with machine guns. I also seem to have a lot of difficulty tracking enemies easily - something just feels off with the controls (I had this same feeling in Bioshock as well). I think I am firmly in the camp that is very glad this game exists, but really wish it wasn't a shooter. I would love for this to be given Oculus support just for the skyline segments.

dejay

Banned
^ I was feeling the same at a certain point but the end is definitely worth it.

I don't know why, but that point of the game seems like the most common "Alright, how far along am I?" point. You're about a quarter to a third through.

I was just about to remark on that :) Seems like a logical place to ask though.

SmithnCo

Got all the collectibles! Yay!

Anyone have any vigor/gear recommendations for 1999 mode? Crow and possession upgrades are probably necessary, and I'm also looking at undertow/return to sender/charge.

I'm thinking the melee kill = health gear would go well with charge/lunge gear and other melee bonuses.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Fuck handymen. Such a bullshit enemy. One shot shields, constantly leaps on you and attacks at the same time, is a bullet sponge and vigors do fuck all.

SmithnCo

Fuck handymen. Such a bullshit enemy. One shot shields, constantly leaps on you and attacks at the same time, is a bullet sponge and vigors do fuck all.

Crows and the Undertow pull will stun it. Undertow pull gets you in prime position to shoot the heart.

olimpia84

As I mentioned earlier I beat this last night. Had to go to the spoilers thread to understand some of the things going on in the game but overall I'm extremely satisfied with the game.
Still, I think I prefer the original BS (and even the sequel) in terms of enjoyment and gameplay. Columbia was a fun city to explore but Rapture had more atmosphere and gave you a sense of urgency and survival that really made the game stand out. With that being said I enjoyed the overall change in the sense that Columbia is more colorful and full of life.

Gameplay was good but for some reason the "Vigors" didn't do a whole lot to me. Pretty often my traps ended up being useless because the enemies refused to come closer and some of them felt like "fillers" where as the plasmids in BS had their own unique uses and you pretty much had to rely on them one way or another.

Unfortunately the frequency of combats near the end of the game is exaggerated and becomes tedious. It's almost like the developers went 'OK, you're near the end of the game so we'll throw a shit ton of combat sequences with tons of enemies so it makes it more challenging"....not a big fan of that but oh well.

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished it...wow, first time a game leaves me speechless....

So huh, does the
Cage/Bird choice actually has an impact in the game? I went bird personally.

Top Bottom