• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

REV 09

just finished it on hard. Final playtime was right at 14 hours.

The story was incredible, especially the beginning and ending; however, the game in between wasn't all that great. It was good overall, but the pacing was off. Some of the design decisions with the combat and feeling like you need to scavenge everything were misses. The game had some stellar story-based moments...lots actually, but i didn't have much fun actually playing it. I think i liked Bioshock 1 more.

8/10

rac

Banned
The part where you turn around

JKUJ74P.jpg

What part where you turn around?

Help!

I'm towards the end of the game (maybe) in a
cemetery
and I can't seem to do anything, there are two buildings that I want to get into but I can't. Do I come back here and something else happens because of video game magic or is there a way in and I'm just not smart enough?

Help!

cemetery
and I can't seem to do anything, there are two buildings that I want to get into but I can't. Do I come back here and something else happens because of video game magic or is there a way in and I'm just not smart enough?

Yes, you'll come back.

Help!

cemetery

the story will dictate when you come back there. It's weird, because I ran over there myself with Elizabeth before going to the gate, and considering what you find there, I was like, "Uh...this is kinda important Elizabeth say something!"

"Want some money?" *flips coin*

:lol

Gartooth

Oh man oh man this game is sooo good. It kind of annoys me though that there is a massive amount of upgrades in the game, and the game gives you very meager currency to buy them. (anything that is over $1000 is BS)

Right now I just got to
Downtown Emporia.
How far am I roughly through the game? Also without spoiling anything, are there multiple endings like the original Bioshock?

conman

just finished it on hard. Final playtime was right at 14 hours.

The story was incredible, especially the beginning and ending; however, the game in between wasn't all that great. It was good overall, but the pacing was off. Some of the design decisions with the combat and feeling like you need to scavenge everything were misses. The game had some stellar story-based moments...lots actually, but i didn't have much fun actually playing it. I think i liked Bioshock 1 more.

8/10
It's good to hear it picks back up. It's actually starting to feel like a bit of a slog. I'm totally OCD about these kinds of games, so I feel compelled to explore every corner of every area, and it's starting to feel a bit predictable. Enter new area. Clear area. Collect loot from bodies. Explore area for more loot and locked areas. Move to next area. Repeat. I miss the Metroid Prime vibe of the first Bioshock where it felt more exploration driven rather than combat driven.

I'm about 7 hours in (on Hard) and am at
Finkton Docks.
I have a feeling I still have a long way to go, and that thought is making this feel really slow. The pacing does seem really off through these middle sections (or at least, what I assume are the middle sections). Makes me wish more games were willing to shoot for the 6-8 hour sweet spot for a shooter.

DTKT

Oh man oh man this game is sooo good. It kind of annoys me though that there is a massive amount of upgrades in the game, and the game gives you very meager currency to buy them. (anything that is over $1000 is BS)

Right now I just got to
Downtown Emporia.
How far am I roughly through the game? Also without spoiling anything, are there multiple endings like the original Bioshock?

Nope

Guess Who

Banned

Right now I just got to
Downtown Emporia.

Just one ending. You're like, I guess 70%?

Gorillaz

It's good to hear it picks back up. It's actually starting to feel like a bit of a slog. I'm totally OCD about these kinds of games, so I feel compelled to explore every corner of every area, and it's starting to feel a bit predictable. Enter new area. Clear area. Collect loot. Explore for more loot. Move to next area. Repeat.

I'm about 7 hours in and am at
Finkton Docks.
I have a feeling I still have a long way to go, and that thought is making this feel really slow. The pacing does seem really off through these middle sections (or at least, what I assume are the middle sections). Makes me wish more games were willing to shoot for the 6-8 hour sweet spot for a shooter.

Where your at now is kind of the meh part of it. It's like a sub plot that is still part of the main story but mainly fluff.

That said your a little or 50 percent done I believe

conman

Where your at now is kind of the meh part of it. It's like a sub plot that is still part of the main story but mainly fluff.

That said your a little or 50 percent done I believe
Good to know. I'll keep powering through and look forward to it hitting those high highs again. The first two hours are unbelievably awesome. If it can hit those notes again, then this really is a game for the ages.

i'm kind of upset that i finished this game in 10 hours, but i guess that's partially my fault. i didn't think i was rushing, but i could have been exploring more, maybe? either way, i'm not disappointed, i just feel weird about 10 hour games. nevermind i'm not upset.

i'm kind of upset that i finished this game in 10 hours, but i guess that's partially my fault. i didn't think i was rushing, but i could have been exploring more, maybe? either way, i'm not disappointed, i just feel weird about 10 hour games. nevermind i'm not upset.

I feel like a good way to tell if you rushed is to see how many voxophones you got.

oh, good idea! let me go check.

EDIT: i got 55 voxophones. i listened to them all. i had never opened the menu to check them until i just checked. in fact, i couldn't figure out how to open it using my keyboard so i plugged in my keyboard and hit the back button. how many are there total?

Haha I came here to post that...holy shit, I'm taking a 5min break on gaf to wait for my heart to come back to normal haha.

My brother and I couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes after we screamed like little girls, I had to pause because I couldn't concentrate.

EDIT: i got 55 voxophones. i listened to them all. i had never opened the menu to check them until i just checked. in fact, i couldn't figure out how to open it using my keyboard so i plugged in my keyboard and hit the back button. how many are there total?

There are 80 so not too bad, I got 72 on my first play through.

So can I show my brother in law the start of the game without blowing up my game? My guess is I will just load the chapter I'm on and go from there it will remember my voxs I've collected and stuff?

Yep, you rushed it. There are 80 phones to find.

the story will dictate when you come back there. It's weird, because I ran over there myself with Elizabeth before going to the gate, and considering what you find there, I was like, "Uh...this is kinda important Elizabeth say something!"

"Want some money?" *flips coin*

:lol
Haha exactly

Hey... While I'm in this area anyone know where the vox code is?

Graphics in the PC version of this game are incredible. not so much the rendering techniques, its the way the visuals are coherent and so well integrated into the world you look at. such a visual treat and makes me think alot less of other games with fancier rendering techniques.

Top Bottom