• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Gorillaz

I just finished it...wow, first time a game leaves me speechless....

So huh, does the
Cage/Bird choice actually has an impact in the game? I went bird personally.

it was to show imo that regardless what you picked you still would have ended up where you did in the end. Infinite possibly yet only one ending

The game is a lot more meta then a lot of people realize. Especially the ending

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok I have question about the chapter select. So I started it on 1999 and it's a tad bit difficult so I was wondering if I could load a chapter I just started from the chapter select and change the difficulty. I went to try but it immediately brought up "this will erase your auto save" so I didn't proceed. Can any one help?

Mayyhem

Jesus Christ there is another
lady comstock
fight?

This is such ridiculous bullshit on Hard.
I walk in, low ammo, no ammo near me, shes spawning infinite amounts of pinpoint accuracy drones, shes a bullet sponge and vigors dont do jack all against her

what a cheap way of making a "hard" enemy . fuck this game is really dragging on now I just want to finish, am i close to being done?

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
it was to show imo that regardless what you picked you still would have ended up where you did in the end. Infinite possibly yet only one ending

The game is a lot more meta then a lot of people realize. Especially the ending

The ending almost felt like
a commentary on sequelization. Omni-Elizabeth felt like an author surrogate.

lady comstock
fight?

I walk in, low ammo, no ammo near me, shes spawning infinite amounts of pinpoint accuracy drones, shes a bullet sponge and vigors dont do jack all against her

what a cheap way of making a "hard" enemy . fuck this game is really dragging on now I just want to finish, am i close to being done?

Get through it. You're almost there.

SmithnCo

lady comstock
fight?

Fairly close. Don't worry, the point you're at is the most tedious part of the game, and frankly I wish they would've
just had it as one fight. Having to burn her minions so they don't respawn is clever, but three times is too much.
It picks up after these fights.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yep. An awesome thing.

Parts of it, yes. The art direction, environments, music, beginning, the over all story and ending were great. The core gameplay... not so much. There were too many times the game dragged on and too many annoying enemies slowing down the narrative. I definitely agree with Evilore that the game should not have been a shooter.

REV 09

lady comstock
fight?

a few hours to go at least.

Guevara

Parts of it, yes. The art direction, environments, music, beginning, the over all story and ending were great. The core gameplay... not so much. There were too many times the game dragged on and too many annoying enemies slowing down the narrative.

Yeah the last couple hours were like yeesh.

DTKT

Fairly close. Don't worry, the point you're at is the most tedious part of the game, and frankly I wish they would've
just had it as one fight. Having to burn her minions so they don't respawn is clever, but three times is too much.
It picks up after these fights.

The fact that the mechanic is repeated 3 times is insulting. That game is way above that kind of padding. It's baffling that no one called them out on that internally.

Mindlog

I really liked one piece of gear in particular.
Spectral Sidekick turned my hatred of loot into an amusing hobby. I kept the rocket launcher at all times since it never runs out of ammo in sidekick mode.

Gorillaz

lady comstock
fight?

That was the first time I turned down the difficulty. It was too much bullshit and the enemies were a little too precise and too cheap. The only other time I turned down the games difficulty was at the end. So a big heads up on that. Everything else was doable even if it is all bullshit.

The ending almost felt like
a commentary on sequelization. Omni-Elizabeth felt like an author surrogate.

Get through it. You're almost there.

It did. It all felt very self conscious. I liked it a lot, because it's something you don't see much in games and it's almost like a "hey lets look back over the years and hash it out".

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok I have question about the chapter select. So I started it on 1999 and it's a tad bit difficult so I was wondering if I could load a chapter I just started from the chapter select and change the difficulty. I went to try but it immediately brought up "this will erase your auto save" so I didn't proceed. Can any one help?

anyone? :(

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I really wish the game was heavier on the skyrail traversal. I wouldn't have minded some light platforming or something. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC fulfills my wishes.

Dartastic

Okay. I wanna kinda finish this tonight. I just moved on to
Comstick Manor after fighting Lady Comstock three times.
how much longer do I have? I wanna leave my friends house and have time to beat this.

prophecy0

I just beat the game a little while ago. All I can say is holy shit, what an ending. I had to read a bit in the spoiler thread to make sense of it all, but it's very satisfying once you realize how it all fits together.

Can someone go to the chapter select screen and tell me if it lets you select difficulty?

Negative, no option for difficulty.

Okay. I wanna kinda finish this tonight. I just moved on to
Comstick Manor after fighting Lady Comstock three times.
how much longer do I have? I wanna leave my friends house and have time to beat this.

Yeah, you aren't gonna finish it today without rushing it and trust me, you don't want to do that.

dejay

Banned
Can someone go to the chapter select screen and tell me if it lets you select difficulty?

Choose a chapter and just change the difficulty when you start. There's no other way as far as I know.

I did it for the final battle, but I loaded the chapter before, just to be sure I had enough ammo since I was stuck there for a while.

Mayyhem

ok so i beat it after a half an hour of frustration and all my money and ammo drained.

walked around from point a to point b aimlessly for what felt to be forever...

ONLY TO REALIZE I HAVE TO FIGHT LADY COMSTOCK FOR A 3RD (AND SEEMINGLY MOST FRUSTRATING) TIME

edit; so i died once, going to finish for the tonight on this terrible terrible note. these types of scenerios are why I often just give up with games and they become a part of my backlog. It's a shame. We'll see if I can suffer through the rest of this game tomorrow

dejay

Banned
ok so i beat it after a half an hour of frustration and all my money and ammo drained.

ONLY TO REALIZE I HAVE TO FIGHT LADY COMSTOCK FOR A 3RD (AND SEEMINGLY MOST FRUSTRATING) TIME

Yeah that last fight was a bitch, because there was nowhere to hide and take cheap shots.

Murder of Crows/Devils Kiss combo. It massacres her underlings quickly so you can focus on her.

SmithnCo

edit; so i died once, going to finish for the tonight on this terrible terrible note. these types of scenerios are why I often just give up with games and they become a part of my backlog. It's a shame. We'll see if I can suffer through the rest of this game tomorrow

That fight's not as bad as the second, IMO, because you can call in a mosquito.

Harpuia

Just beat it! I felt since
one of the voxaphone recordings I found of lutece
the entire story would
be about something relating to infinite possibilities, universal constants.
I am still processing what happened in the end, but I don't understand the hatred of it, it's an amazing ending. I want to shake the hands of the art design team, writing staff, and punch in the face whoever thought it was a good idea for us to
fight lady Comstock 3 fucking times.

Helmholtz

Fighting
Lady Comstock's ghost all those times was probably the low point of the game for me. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but there's nothing worse than invulnerable minion enemies.
The game gets better from there though, and if you're already that far you should definitely stick around until the ending.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wont be able to finish the game until tomorrow night, if not Sunday, but i stopped at
Hand of the Prophet
From what I understand, thats the start of the endgame.

Late Game Spoilers: The scene where
Elizabeth is in the shadows and grabs your hand, and reveals herself to be 80+ years old and standing in front of 1983 New York which is currently burning/under attack was mind bogglingly amazing. Just an incredible reveal.

I can't remember the last time I felt like this playing a game. But it truly feels like I'm witnessing/experiencing a true classic of the medium as its released.

nomis

Played it on Hard, didn't know you could
burn Lady Comstock's minions...

I must have died dozens upon dozens of times on the middle of the three fights against her. I had 8 shots in a shotgun and 2 shots in a heater, dudes started pinging me as soon as I approached the circular vault door. It was trial and error trying to use the rush vigor to hit the lady and pump close range shots with the ammo I had.

Arksy

I just finished the game on hard and am in complete awe of the total experience. It definitely does what a game should and keep escalating all the way to the end. There were a few niggles, such as those outlined above with a couple of the later boss fights but it's easily going down as one of my favourite stories of the generation and one of my favourite games of the generation. I didn't agree with EvilLore when he said that it shouldn't be a shooter, but it's definitely a worthy pinnacle of the current generation in terms of guided single player experiences.

Game took approx 12 hours on hard.

9.5/10

Jafku

Wont be able to finish the game until tomorrow night, if not Sunday, but i stopped at
Hand of the Prophet
From what I understand, thats the start of the endgame.

Late Game Spoilers: The scene where
Elizabeth is in the shadows and grabs your hand, and reveals herself to be 80+ years old and standing in front of 1983 New York which is currently burning/under attack was mind bogglingly amazing. Just an incredible reveal.

I can't remember the last time I felt like this playing a game. But it truly feels like I'm witnessing/experiencing a true classic of the medium as its released.
You havent seen nothing yet

Okay wtf is up with the lack of carbines. I dropped mine and now I feel like I'm stuck with this stupid ass machine gun until the end of the game :(

I thought the machine gun was lacklustre, and upgraded my carbine to hell. :(

I don't know if the game does this on purpose but I found a load of carbines and not so many machine guns. The machine gun with the 70 round magazine is unbeatable easily hammer anything, couple it with the sniper rifle and you are set.

dejay

Banned
I thought the machine gun was lacklustre, and upgraded my carbine to hell. :(

I upgraded both of these and carried them around pretty much everywhere. The upgraded machine gun was pretty strong and accurate in short bursts, although not as good as the carbine.

Ammo for both got got scarce in places - places where there wasn't really a way for me to upgrade the weapons I did have ammo for, despite having lots of cash. Next play through - upgrade shotgun early.

Top Bottom