• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Did anyone find the burstgun, heater, volley gun to be any good? I didn't like those weapons and I only used them if I had no other choice.

I used the Burst Gun and Volley Gun a lot. I preferred the Carbine over the Burst, but when there weren't Carbines around I didn't hesitate to grab a Burst. I also really liked the Volley Gun: helped me a bunch against the Patriots. My set-up was almost always a Carbine/Burst Gun/Hand Cannon in the primary slot with a Crank Gun/Volley Gun/RPG in the secondary slot if I ran into something heavier.

Jinjo

Okay, I'll try to use the rails more, but he rides them and chases me there as well. Vendor's no option since I'm going for the 'no dollar bill' trophy.
So far I've been reloading checkpoints upon death, but I'm gonna use revive here. It's really tough.

Use the Winter Shield gear if you have it. Makes you invulnerable for a short time when you jump on/off skylines. Pick a bit of straight skyline (there always is in these encounters) and keep going from one end to the other end, jump off, unload on him, jump back on when you're not invulnerable anymore, zip to the other side, repeat. Didn't die a single time on 1999 mode.

Also, use Tesla coil side for the first encounter and the decoy side of the map on the second encounter.

Guevara

Gear was weird. It's like I only had one of each type for the first 50% of the game, but in the last hour I was practically tripping over it.

I really only adjusted it once in my entire playthrough

KingKong

Gear was weird. It's like I only had one of each type for the first 50% of the game, but in the last hour I was practically tripping over it.

I really only adjusted it once in my entire playthrough

all the skyhook gear seemed pointless especially when you can only have 4 pieces and the others are so much more useful

sappyday

I just realized that the trophies for this game are bugged or something. I just checked my trophy list and I have 3 missing secret trophies (and I checked what they were and they are story trophies so I should of gotten them) and I didn't get the trophies for completing the game on Normal/Easy.

all the skyhook gear seemed pointless especially when you can only have 4 pieces and the others are so much more useful

I actually used mostly skyhook gear for the first half of the game. I especially liked the jump off the skyrail and stun all the enemies around you.

Of course, at one point I was in a neutral area and decided to hop around on skyhooks. I forgot what gear I had equipped, jumped into the middle of a bunch of civilians and made all the police angry and they started shooting at me immediately. Whoops.

I agree. It's really tough. But the only reason it's part of the conversation is because the game brings it up ("bluntly," as you say). And props to Irrational for trying yet again. High concepts are now de rigeuer for AAA shooters thanks to the success of the original Bioshock. This one tries to do the same, only grander. And then... it quietly tries to sweep all of that bombast under the rug without us noticing. That's not just bad politics; that's bad writing.
Ehhhhhh. I'm only a third of the way into the game, but so far the impression I'm getting is that the game is saying less about the virtues of capitalism and labor and whatnot than you're making it out to be.

nomis

mBrcBh1.jpg

"In 1899 I took part in a political rally, and got teargassed by the Founders."

I'm guessing i'm now in the more boring part of the game
police station searching for the tools for the chinese gunsmit
is this about halfway and does it pick up soon after this secion? Some things are starting to annoy me a bit but i still think it's an amazing game.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm guessing i'm now in the more boring part of the game
police station searching for the tools for the chinese gunsmit
is this about halfway and does it pick up soon after this secion? Some things are starting to annoy me a bit but i still think it's an amazing game.
I'd say you're approaching the half way mark.

Replaying the start of the game I love that the Priest says "Is it someone new?" just as the splicer did when you first get to Rapture in the first Bioshock.

Ok, so I just want to know how many hours I have left as I want to go out tonight but I also want to see if I can finish this first. I'm at
the part where Dewitt comes back from another tear after raiding the impound and now he is the martyr for the vox revolution.
. Just want to finish this so I can go out and have a few drinks.

Guevara

Ok, so I just want to know how many hours I have left as I want to go out tonight but I also want to see if I can finish this first. I'm at
the part where Dewitt comes back from another tear after raiding the impound and now he is the martyr for the vox revolution.
. Just want to finish this so I can go out and have a few drinks.

You have several hours left. Maybe 4?

So thanks to Raptr, I found out I'd taken a staggering 22 hours to finish this game, and I still missed 15 voxophones and some infusion drinks.

I have no idea how the hell I missed anything.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Elizabeth just got super hot.
now her shirt is all ripped and untucked

Andrew.

Banned
The fight against that second Handyman on 1999 is a bitch. I cant afford to die either because I need my weapon upgrades in Emporia. Thanks Shawn.

antitrop

I got a hell of a lot of use out of the shirt that gives you invulnerability when you jump on and off skyrails.
My opinion has the caveat that I played on Medium. I'm going to replay on Hard next week.

There were a lot of things that aren't necessary or important on that difficulty, but still I feel like the 4th category of equippable gear is a distinct level of usefulness below the other 3.

Milchjon

The fight against that second Handyman on 1999 is a bitch. I cant afford to die either because I need my weapon upgrades in Emporia. Thanks Shawn.

Is that the one at the beginning of Emporia in front of the bank?
Because that's my least favorite fight by far, even worse than the one everyone's talking about.

Top Bottom