• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Syrinx

Just reached
Shantytown
before I stopped.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that this amazing ending everyone's talking about has something to do with
that weirdo couple that follows you around. Suspicious and intriguing characters, I must say. Their fascination with the duality of the coin is rather bizarre. Then again, they could be special characters who have a unique view into the world but aren't necessarily active in it.

Kinda strange how just about everybody who's anybody in Columbia knows who Booker is. What is the person who sent him playing at?

I only just fought the first handyman (wasn't really that bad, though I am playing on normal; shock jockey + shotgun to the heart seems to be my go-to strategy), so I'm fairly sure I have a ways to go. Which is actually a good thing, since I'm immensely enjoying myself.

YES.... I DID IT... (
with half the core remaining somehow!
)...

Game - "
Join Liz At The Bow
"

Me - WHICH END IS THE
BOW
??

I found her anyway
, and just paused it...

Who knows what will happen now?

LuuKyK

Just finished. Holy fucking shit at the ending. Im still trying to... wow. Just... Amazing. I will head to the spoiler thread to see if I got it right.

Con_Smith

Banned
So I'm getting ready to go through my 1999 run and wanted to know would it stack regular hard mode Achievements wise. Also what is a good combo? I usually just ran with the triple r and either the hand canon or the blaster. Vigor wise I like to mix it up but I'm guessing bucking bronco will probably be a good go to as well as shock jocky. Also did anyone else have problems with undertow where it wouldn't bring more than one guy to you even after being upgraded?

So I'm getting ready to go through my 1999 run and wanted to know would it stack regular hard mode Achievements wise. Also what is a good combo? I usually just ran with the triple r and either the hand canon or the blaster. Vigor wise I like to mix it up but I'm guessing bucking bronco will probably be a good go to as well as shock jocky. Also did anyone else have problems with undertow where it wouldn't bring more than one guy to you even after being upgraded?

Charge and Possession are the two most overpowered vigors when they are invested properly. They made my 1999 run incredibly easy. I died less on 1999 mode knowing that than my first play through on Hard.

beastmode

I say this as someone who hated using Telekinesis in Bioshock 1/2
No way
E2834D701084875FC808022C3D541B46AD35B425

B31F1F88C022BEC5E10708276B8229B8E2944A4E

Eusis

YES.... I DID IT... (
with half the core remaining somehow!
)...

Game - "
Join Liz At The Bow
"

Me - WHICH END IS THE
BOW
??

I found her anyway
, and just paused it...

Who knows what will happen now?
I pressed N for that.

I'm assuming I won't see a response for another hour.

Still crawling through at a leisurely pace. I may be in the minority, but I'm enjoying the middle more than the beginning, at least so far.

Also thus far, Ms. Lutece is my favorite character :p

Ugh. Spent too much time finishing up Super Mario Galaxy 2 (great game, by the way), and now I'm too tired to continue Infinite, lol. I would only play for about fifteen minutes, but I dunno when the next checkpoint is. I'll wake up early and play tomorrow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10 hours in... only complaint
NOT ENOUGH SONGBIRD.

Syrinx

Ugh. Spent too much time finishing up Super Mario Galaxy 2 (great game, by the way), and now I'm too tired to continue Infinite, lol. I would only play for about fifteen minutes, but I dunno when the next checkpoint is. I'll wake up early and play tomorrow.

You're just playing SMG2 now?

Well, no wrong way to do this I suppose. Both are great games.

Dartastic

Just beat it. Credits are rolling. The spoiler I saw was real and I'm kinda pissed but I think I might have figured the last bit out along the way anyway. Regardless, the delivery was fucking unreal. Wow. Bravo.

Syrinx

Man, I gotta see this ending everyone's talking about. But I probably won't get to til next weekend. Damn university studies.

DukeBobby

Unlike most games I've played this generation, my love for this has not diminished in the slightest.

Nearly done with a second playthrough, and this is still one of my favourite games of all time.

I can't see that changing any time soon.

Surge

And somehow I missed something like 25 of the Voxophones, and quite a few of the Infusion Upgrades..I thought I did a good job checking over every area I went in to but I guess not.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh there was a scene after the credits? I hate when games do that and make us miss out on it if we skip the credits. Games are getting too large nowadays and I don't want to spend 15 minutes waiting for credits to end (30 if it's an ubisoft game where they thank the entire company on each game).

Hylian7

Currently I want to punch anyone near me...

Playing what I think is the last level (
on a Command Deck with EVERYTHING ATTACKING ME
) on Hard

This is everything I hated about the the other part of the game which the difficualy spikes - and it is timed!

WHY MAKE THE LAST LEVEL FORCE A RELOAD AUTOSAVE WHEN THE REST OF THE GAME WAS BUILT TO AVOID THAT?

I'm on this right now, 1999 mode. The autosave thing doesn't bug me since that would happen anyway if I lost all my money. Jesus christ this thing is hard, do you have any indication of when it ends?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And that's enough for today. Fucking amazing game so far.

DukeBobby

Oh there was a scene after the credits? I hate when games do that and make us miss out on it if we skip the credits. Games are getting too large nowadays and I don't want to spend 15 minutes waiting for credits to end (30 if it's an ubisoft game where they thank the entire company on each game).

You idiot...

YOU IDIOT!!!

LuuKyK

Are you kidding me? There was a scene after the credits? lmao I skipped it after I saw who the voice actors were. help.gif ;-;

I will watch it on youtube.

antitrop

YouTube it. It's a very short little bit.

+ the singing.

antonz

it helps they end up putting a video in the middle of the credits to watch of them recording the will the circle be unbroken song while credits still scroll above.

Eusis

I sat through them all: after being disappointed at the lack of them in Bioshock and making the ending feel even less satisfying I kinda felt like I was obligated to. Of course, with how many damn people they get working on games anymore that's been moving from "just take 5 minutes to stick around" to "you could probably watch entire TV episodes by the time they're done here." At least they kept switching up the music and included a little making of video in there.

Top Bottom