• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Currently I want to punch anyone near me...

Playing what I think is the last level (
on a Command Deck with EVERYTHING ATTACKING ME
) on Hard

This is everything I hated about the the other part of the game which the difficualy spikes - and it is timed!

WHY MAKE THE LAST LEVEL FORCE A RELOAD AUTOSAVE WHEN THE REST OF THE GAME WAS BUILT TO AVOID THAT?

Zeliard

This is where I cop to putting the flies and potatoes aka the ludo-narrative nugget in that Emporia restroom scene. Meta scat.

I recall you expressing "surprise" that that made it in. Shoulda snuck the Bronco piss soldiers in there too.

The fight against that second Handyman on 1999 is a bitch. I cant afford to die either because I need my weapon upgrades in Emporia. Thanks Shawn.

Kite him around the tesla coil. Did that fight have a tesla tear? I don't recall.

) on Hard

This is everything I hated about the the other part of the game which the difficualy spikes - and it is timed!

WHY MAKE THE LAST LEVEL FORCE A RELOAD AUTOSAVE WHEN THE REST OF THE GAME WAS BUILT TO AVOID THAT?

Took me quite a few tries too :(

Andrew.

Banned

) on Hard

WDI0dkp.png

The third and final Handyman showed up, I skyrailed the fuck out of there, turned around to him lying dead on the floor, that final electric charge he does shocking nearby soldiers

Lord Levine lookin' out for me, I guess

Helmholtz

Guys, this is breaking me, I am going to turn down to Medium...

I don't want to though.

I furthest I got to was
the third Wave of Patriots
... how much more is there?
Yeah, that battle was very unenjoyable for me on hard. That, combined with some of the previous frustrating battles... I'm going to recommend people play on Normal difficulty if they ever ask me. I eventually beat that battle on my like, 5th try, but only baaarely.

Yeah, that battle was very unenjoyable for me on hard. That, combined with some of the previous frustrating battles... I'm going to recommend people play on Normal difficulty if they ever ask me. I eventually beat that battle on my like, 5th try, but only baaarely.

I think I am on my 10th... lost count!!

Well u need to finish off the last few enemies too :p

You were pretty close haha

Ouch that hurts. I had killed the two final
Patroits
when they were far away from the
core
, so a regular solider must have got the final shot in to screw me.

FartOfWar

Banned
I dunno, I just suck at it. Too open to snipe without being killed fast, too many enemies to go all in, too small spaces to really move around without using the skylines, which are always getting zapped.

Tons of space to maneuver, if the skyline gets zapped that's your cue to retaliate on the handyman, or drop a trap then undertow him off the line and into said trap. Also, all the enemies except the handyman are vox so they want to kill him as much as they want to fight you. If you have trouble, the decoy tear is gold, and there's a gatling gun,

I think I am on my 10th... lost count!!

Ouch that hurts. I had killed the two final
Patroits
. Far away from the
core
, so a regular solider must have got the final shot in to screw me.

Shock Jockey traps and Return to Sender traps at the platform will go a long way to helping you.

Sorian

Banned
Maybe it is just me but......

(end game/final battle spoilers)

I had absolutely no issue with the blimp/zeppelin part on hard. I went in there with my usual shotgun/hand cannon combo and my usual shockjockey for patriots and crows for everything else and I let the good times roll. I used songbird to take out any big ships when I could and if I ever felt overwhelmed, I just let everyone walk to center and I had songbird land right there for the huge KOs. Did it my first try and the core still have 75% health.

About six hours in, playing on hard. So far my only complaint is that whenever I'm done playing I go to quit and find out that the game hasn't saved in awhile, even though I feel like I've accomplished something significant enough since the last save to warrant a new one. It's on more than one occasion forced me to quit and lose progress or forced me to keep playkg until the game decides to Autosave. Other than that, loving the game

Shock Jockey traps and Return to Sender traps at the platform will go a long way to helping you.

That is part of my plan...

I pretty much mine the whole front area with Shock Jockey when I start, and add two or three more when I feel it is starting to get empty. I have that ability maxed and it is very useful. I never used Return to Sender though, might try that.

My main problem is that I really took my time when facing all other encounters in the game (slowly chipped away against anything with a big healthbar) - so I am in he wrong headspace for what seems to be a mad rush endgame.

FartOfWar

Banned

I had absolutely no issue with the blimp/zeppelin part on hard. I went in there with my usual shotgun/hand cannon combo and my usual shockjockey for patriots and crows for everything else and I let the good times roll. I used songbird to take out any big ships when I could and if I ever felt overwhelmed, I just let everyone walk to center and I had songbird land right there for the huge KOs. Did it my first try and the core still have 75% health.

My man.

That is part of my plan...

I pretty much mine the whole front area with Shock Jockey when I start, and add two or three more when I feel it is starting to get empty. I have that ability maxed and it is very useful. I never used Return to Sender though, might try that.

My main problem is that I really took my time when facing all other encounters in the game (slowly chipped away against anything with a big healthbar) - so I am in he wrong headspace for what seems to be a mad rush endgame.

Return to Sender was basically my go to for dealing with Patriots. Allows you to stand in front of them and just fire everything you have at them while collecting their shots for a good bit of damage when throwing them back.

I say this as someone who hated using Telekinesis in Bioshock 1/2

Same here man, although I did it with Return toSender and shotgun.

ezekial45

Banned
Just curious; in the PC version do you keep all your guns? Or is it 2 weapon system like the console version.

EDIT: and yeah, the volley gun rocks. I used that along with the hand cannon for much of the game.

About six hours in, playing on hard. So far my only complaint is that whenever I'm done playing I go to quit and find out that the game hasn't saved in awhile, even though I feel like I've accomplished something significant enough since the last save to warrant a new one. It's on more than one occasion forced me to quit and lose progress or forced me to keep playkg until the game decides to Autosave. Other than that, loving the game

You may enjoy this read:
http://ridiculoushuman.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/bioshock-elizabeth-needs-saving-so-do-i/

Hmm... I tried SweetFX with the game and in some cases it looks good but overall I think it messes up the look. Some of the shots in the screenshot thread inspired me to finally try out SweetFX but perhaps the 4K downsampling does more for a better look than SweetFX does.

Return to Sender was basically my go to for dealing with Patriots. Allows you to stand in front of them and just fire everything you have at them while collecting their shots for a good bit of damage when throwing them back.

I say this as someone who hated using Telekinesis in Bioshock 1/2

With a fully upgraded Shock Jockey and a 75% upgraded Volley Gun, I don't find the Patriots that big of a hassle. The bigger problem I find is that I feel the endgame is asking too much of me, based on how I played the 14 hours beforehand. It is like I am having to learn a completely new play-style for this final 1% of the game.

Thanks to everyone that replied for the help though. Will give it another go soon.

Hmm... I tried SweetFX with the game and in some cases it looks good but overall I think it messes up the look. Some of the shots in the screenshot thread inspired me to finally try out SweetFX but perhaps the 4K downsampling does more for a better look than SweetFX does.

The 4k downsampling is really what is making the game look so good. I'd advise against using SweetFx for Infinite. It messes up the look in some strange ways.

Here is a little comparison:

No SweetFx:

SweetFX with very minor sharpening and color vibrancy increase + SMAA:

Open them both in separate tabs and flip back and forth and you'll see that with SweetFX some of the lighting and shadows changes for the worse. The texture work is already sharp enough and the game has enough color in it that SweetFX isn't really needed.

x-Lundz-x

Hey guys need help. Playing on hard and the handyman just rips me a new one every time and I die a ton. Anyone have any tips on how to beat him efficiently? Maybe I'm just not using the right vigors.

I should say I'm on the third handyman fight right now. The first one I beat pretty easy.

nomis

Hey guys need help. Playing on hard and the handyman just rips me a new one every time and I die a ton. Anyone have any tips on how to beat him efficiently? Maybe I'm just not using the right vigors.

I should say I'm on the third handyman fight right now. The first one I beat pretty easy.

If I remember that one correctly there are a couple decoy tears around.

Top Bottom