• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

LuuKyK

The singing is the best part. Courtnee has a great voice.

I LOVE her voice. About her singing, dont know if its really spoiler but still:
the scene where Booker plays the guitar and Elizabeth sings to that poor child is soo cool ;-; Specially because it comes in a very intense part of the game. Its like a breath of fresh air.

I also noticed in the credits that Courtnee sings it and Troy Baker (Bookers VA) actually played the guitar. :p Very nice.

FartOfWar

Banned
ieN4VgaNnX5zC.gif

Hahahahahahha!

I'm on this right now, 1999 mode. The autosave thing doesn't bug me since that would happen anyway if I lost all my money. Jesus christ this thing is hard, do you have any indication of when it ends?

It ends after the third wave of
Patriots
and the sky is clear from
Zeppelins
, and all straggling enemies are wiped up.

I got passed it easy enough in he end (on Hard), after about 10 fails. I just mined the hell out of the front area traps (mine were Shock Jockey, but I guess other would work), and ran to meet the []SPOILERPatriots[/SPOILER] as they landed.

I had a Volley Gun (75% Upgrage) + Shock Jockey (100% Upgrade) which made
Patriots
easy enough. I also had gear which would burn enemies when I landed of Skylines. That helped with the RPG guys.

After enough goes, you kind of remember where everything is - and you just need to get lucky on a run through.

I am not sure I could do it on 1999 though, as I still died many times on my run-through

You did it!

Yeah, but I still have not recovered from what happened after I unpaused

Thanks, Shawn!!

DSmalls84

Just finished 1999 mode without using any dollar bill machines. It actually seemed easier than my first playthrough on Hard. Devil's Kiss, Shock Jockey, and Possession were the main vigors I used. This is such a great game and honestly it's definitely my favorite game of this generation. Also the only game since Metal Gear Solid 4 I have immediately started playing again after I finished. Feels good.

3dmodeler

Anybody got any tips for this section where I have to
defend the flagship core?
Staying alive is easy but I run out of ammo and salts too fast dealing with the mecha washington and the missile launching scumbags. I normally use the shock vigor because of the low salt cost and I
send the bird to attack the missile zepplin.

FartOfWar

Banned
Wanna beast a certain ghostly fight on any difficulty at all? Equip Electric Punch, Blood to Salts, Vampires Embrace, and Last Man Standing then use Charge.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are hyping this game more than I ever was. Can't wait to freaking play it! In a freaking week! Even though I get the game in two days :(

NawidA

Banned
Whoa finished the game. Then spent an hour putting it all together. Only one thing I'm still wondering about and that's
the significance of Songbird. Any theories?

I get the Buddhism allegory (even though Songbird's fate is a bit different no?) but I guess I'm still wondering why and how Songbird is an emotional being.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Just finished it, I thought I was half way done and then it ends. 11 hours, I thought this was more like a 20 hour game. I was just getting into the groove with the combat. Anyhow, good game, not as good as the reviews. Ending and story is too convoluted for its own good.

I'm still playing the game so I can't say much about it yet, but I just remembered I made this a few months ago during some anagram thread we had on here. Just thought I'd make a small contribution to the thread!

4LyJtwU.jpg

antitrop

I'm still playing the game so I can't say much about it yet, but I just remembered I made this a few months ago during some anagram thread we had on here. Just thought I'd make a small contribution to the thread!

4LyJtwU.jpg
I'll watch that one by accident on a tube site when I'm drunk in a few years.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

papercamm

I'm actually finding it easier than my hard runthrough, because I know the basic areas where enemes will be, and I paid more attention to my gear loadout. Blood to salt is especially useful.
I saw you mention that earlier, unfortunately I haven't found it yet and I'm up to
Downtown Emporia
so I've got my own methods I've specialized into. I'm also doing the no-dollar-bill run, which is surprisingly much easier than I thought it'd be. Really forces you to explore a lot more too.

antitrop

Thinking of double dipping into the PC version for a second run in uber graphic quality.

Yes. You should do this.

Saw the 360 version at my friend's place last night. It was painful to watch after I played it downsampled last week and seeing all the 4K screenshots in the bullshot/high-res threads.

Damn, the first half hour or whatever that you spend walking through the city is such a sensory overload. Never played a game that compelled me to just stop and look at so many things. I saw those kids playing with the fire hydrant and I looked down and followed the water stream downhill to the drain and read the latin phrase on it and like whoa, I can't stop looking at shit

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Feel like I am getting pretty far in.
Right now I have to open 3 tears
, and I can certainly see where the story is going to get its craziness from, but I haven't been feeling it much
since the alternate columbia tear. It's a plot idea I'm fine with, but the game taking that direction wasn't really something I was expecting there. Also didn't help that the ENTIRE portion of it ended with going through mutliple tears for the end result of the two people just being dead anyway.
Still have to see how it all wraps up, obviously.

Neiteio

OK, just finished the game (22 hours) and watched the ending. And I mean ALL of the ending, including the bit after the credits. Yep, saw that too.

It's not as amazing as the ending of 999, but nevertheless:

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

See you in the spoiler thread!

Gorillaz

Feel like I am getting pretty far in.
Right now I have to open 3 tears
, and I can certainly see where the story is going to get its craziness from, but I haven't been feeling it much
since the alternate columbia tear. It's a plot idea I'm fine with, but the game taking that direction wasn't really something I was expecting there. Also didn't help that the ENTIRE portion of it ended with going through mutliple tears for the end result of the two people just being dead anyway.
Still have to see how it all wraps up, obviously.

Your only 60-70 percent done. You havn't even hit that level of craziness yet.

Hylian7

OK, just finished the game (22 hours) and watched the ending. And I mean ALL of the ending, including the bit after the credits. Yep, saw that too.

It's not as amazing as the ending of 999, but nevertheless:

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

See you in the spoiler thread!

But I think we can agree that SOMEBODY at Irrational games played those games.

Dartastic

So, my girlfriend isn't much of a gamer. I successfully hyped her to this game. She's jumping in now on easy after I beat it. She didn't see a thing. Soaking in the foreshadowing stuff while watching her is gonna be awesome.

Hylian7

lol, this
flagship
fight on 1990 mode is some straight bullshit.

I know that feel bro. Just keep trying. I usually used Undertow to bring stuff in and blast it with the RPG, and do that other spoilerific thing for stuff you can't reach. For the rocket guys, just use Undertow to throw them off the rail.

Trigger

I know that feel bro. Just keep trying. I usually used Undertow to bring stuff in and blast it with the RPG, and do that other spoilerific thing for stuff you can't reach. For the rocket guys, just use Undertow to throw them off the rail.

Thanks. I can usually get to the last wave before I fail. lol, I'm waaaay too far to just restart so I'm going to sleep on it and retry later.

border

I finished the game, but would like to go back and play some earlier sections. If I go to a mid-game savepoint, will that overwrite all my previous saves and prevent me from going to savepoints towards the end of the game?

Top Bottom