• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Syrinx

I found that scene to be a bit odd, tbh. Just the way it's introduced, and it's just a bit TOO obviously cute. Didn't really fly with me.

I think it would have been better if there were similar moments like it throughout. It was really the first thing you could have a significant interaction with that wasn't really just scrounging, so it was kinda out of nowhere.

DatDude

Banned
The moment I felt was infinitely more effective was in the same area, when
the Vox Populi are attacking the area and the sounds of battle consume all around you, and one sad lonely black lady is sitting down with her hands clasped in open gospel prayer, singing a soul revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son." The lyrics of the song in the context of what was happening and what the game was trying to say was quite effective and haunting.
Hope it's not a spoiler. But every future song you've heard so far has relevance to the narrative. Like Girls just want to have fun..just looking at the lyrics and applying the context to what occurred in the game is pretty special.

An it goes for every song is what's most impressive.

Amir0x

Banned
Hope it's not a spoiler. But every future song you've heard so far has relevance to the narrative.
Like Girls just want to have fun..just looking at the lyrics and applying the context to what occurred in the game is pretty special.

An it goes for every song is what's most impressive.

Ahh, you cut off the spoiler tag in my quote! Fix it Fix it!

I agree with you, though, they've picked some very effective songs.

I found that scene to be a bit odd, tbh. Just the way it's introduced, and it's just a bit TOO obviously cute. Didn't really fly with me.

This bit bothered me too actually, especially taking the time out to do this after mowing some dudes down. It came across as just trying too hard to make the characters likable, and was the first bit of ludonarrative wackiness that stuck out for me. I mean, I get that the whole story is basically a dark Disney movie, but this was something that leaves me hoping for a real Godzilla vs Bambi moment later on to sorta balance things out :p

Andrew.

Banned
I have the key. I have all the answers.

sih2dZP.jpg

Happy I wasn't the only who thought that scene was lame. That combat video is great though. It pains me when people call it an average shooter, you can't do a lot of what makes the combat in this game so interesting in other shooters!

nomis

Of course it would be 45 minutes of great interviewing and call-in questions... then Ashbrooke pinches a steaming dump onto the conversation by shoehorning in Adam Lanza. I can forgive it because as sad as it is I feel interviews like this legitimize the work that Ken and Irrational are doing. But MAN, fuck the media atmosphere that makes people like Tom feel obligated to perpetuate the "real life violence connection" by giving it airtime.

t-ramp

I've made it to the third deck of
Comstock's airship
. To be honest, the game became a bit tedious a while back, so I'm taking it pretty slowly. How much do I have left?

GavinGT

Banned
I've made it to the third deck of
Comstock's airship
. To be honest, the game became a bit tedious a while back, so I'm taking it pretty slowly. How much do I have left?

The final battle, which you may or may not have to start over multiple times.

ArynCrinn

Banned
GIS9jSu.png

YES! Finally got it, the
final battle with all the ships and the bird was ridiculous though.

BTW, is there any gameplay/story difference between choosing the bird or cage pin for Elizabeth?

t-ramp

It will probably start you on the first deck if you do quit.
Pretty sure there's a checkpoint at that 3rd level since its technically a new area.
I made the mistake of thinking that if it asked me to Leave Area, that it would be a checkpoint. Nope.
It said I had a saved checkpoint within the last minute of arriving on the third deck, so I think I ought to be able to pick it up from there.

Grisby

So I blew through this faster than I expected. Probably going to try 1999 mode after all this.

Question though if I start it up does all my collectibles/weapon kills carry over?

Grisby

Nothing carries over, it sucks ass.
Wait, so is it just that nothing carries over in 1999 mode or overall?
Achievement-wise, everything carries over except the Infusion one which you have to get all in one playthrough.

Equipment-wise, you start over from scratch.
? Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be any new game+ but I was wondering if I could chapter select to look for collectibles or if it was cool just to start a new game on 1999 mode.

LiK

Wait, so is it just that nothing carries over in 1999 mode or overall?

? Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be any new game+ but I was wondering if I could chapter select to look for collectibles or if it was cool just to start a new game on 1999 mode.

i only know the Voxophones and Kleidoscopes carry over.

In Finkton,
while fighting alongside the Vox, I board and then take out an airship, then I'm supposed to escape before it crashes
- or at least I think so? I looked on both sides of the ship and could not find a skyrail to jump to ... And then I died and just woke up on the ground. Where was I supposed to go???

LiK

In Finkton,
while fighting alongside the Vox, I board and then take out an airship, then I'm supposed to escape before it crashes
- or at least I think so? I looked on both sides of the ship and could not find a skyrail to jump to ... And then I died and just woke up on the ground. Where was I supposed to go???

use your objective arrow and it'll point you to the correct doorway out. i know, it's kinda lame you can't decide which door to leave.

SmithnCo

In Finkton,

Actually the correct door is right next to you. I made the same mistake the first time, lol.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, does any one know how to redeem the Industrial Revolution in-game?

I've tried to avoid that breadcrumb arrow to the point where I forgot it existed. If I would have remembered it I would have used it there. I'm just bummed I ended up on the ground. Would have liked another chance to escape.

Dead

well not really...yet
I've tried to avoid that breadcrumb arrow to the point where I forgot it existed. If I would have remembered it I would have used it there. I'm just bummed I ended up on the ground. Would have liked another chance to escape.
The arrow is a great tool to use to find out where NOT to go, so you can explore every area of a map.

Top Bottom