• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

El Odio

Banned
It's probably because I chose to reply Bioshock recently but my hype for Infinite has gone from not very to can't wait. Wish I could fit Bioshock 2 in but the PC version is unplayable as of late it seems. Also seems like I chose a bad time to hop into the OT though given the recent spoiler suicides. Eh, what can I do.

Andrew.

Banned
It's probably because I chose to reply Bioshock recently but my hype for Infinite has gone from not very to can't wait. Wish I could fit Bioshock 2 in but the PC version is unplayable as of late it seems. Also seems like I chose a bad time to hop into the OT though given the recent spoiler suicides. Eh, what can I do.

Play Minervas Den. You could easily finish it by Tuesday. Easily. Just use that as your Bio 2 experience.

Yeah I just finished up another Bioshock playthrough and tried to play Bioshock 2, but it kept crashing. I'm crossing my fingers that a fresh install of GFWL(piece of shit) and BS2 will solve my problems.

Grief.exe

Yeah I just finished up another Bioshock playthrough and tried to play Bioshock 2, but it kept crashing. I'm crossing my fingers that a fresh install of GFWL(piece of shit) and BS2 will solve my problems.

Oh god Bioshock 2 DRM.

I will probably partition my storage drive and install a fresh copy of windows for that game, then format afterwards.
GFWL and securom. Are they kidding?

Or just use other means to acquire a clean copy.

I dunno 2013's off to a pretty shitty start. God of War is the best game I've played and it's very mediocre and kind of disappointing compared to the rest of the console games in the series.

And after Bioshock there's really nothing coming until Last of Us in June, and then nothing that I'm aware of until September. New consoles will get here but launch lineups are almost never great.
Heh, I had written off most of Q1 from the beginning. I honestly haven't played anything new this year...I just have really high hopes for Bioshock, Last of Us and GTA. If all 3 of those games somehow manage to all deliver, it's already a great year for me.

I'm also working under the assumption that Nintendo will finally have games for Wii U this fall. Can't imagine how bad things would get if they don't....

Aside from that, I've got an interest in Luigi's Mansion 2, Rayman, Killer Is Dead, Watch Dogs. And then hopefully there's something at launch for either PS4 or 720. Launch lineups are normally crap, you are correct, but even if there's not a Mario 64 or Halo-type game, I'd be happy with something along the lines of Condemned or ZombiU that end up surprising me.

If nothing else, it should be an exciting year (especially after the last 2).

Oh god Bioshock 2 DRM.

I will probably partition my storage drive and install a fresh copy of windows for that game, then format afterwards.
GFWL and securom. Are they kidding?

Or just use other means to acquire a clean copy.

it's a real bummer, I would really like to play Minerva's Den.

Grief.exe

We should add each other guys to talk and/or play stuff outside the forums my gamernames is in my profile.

7Y0cQSA.png

I dunno 2013's off to a pretty shitty start. God of War is the best game I've played and it's very mediocre and kind of disappointing compared to the rest of the console games in the series.

And after Bioshock there's really nothing coming until Last of Us in June, and then nothing that I'm aware of until September. New consoles will get here but launch lineups are almost never great.
Deadly Premonition:the Director's Cut comes out in April.

El Odio

Banned
I uninstalled GFWL and downloaded the latest version with no luck. Even updating BS2 to v1.5 doesn't work. These crashes seem to be happening to a lot of people trying to play it lately. I was so relieved to find out Infinite won't use it so thankfully something like this can be avoided.

Play Minervas Den. You could easily finish it by Tuesday. Easily. Just use that as your Bio 2 experience.
I have yet to buy Minerva's Den for PC. Should probably get on that, assuming I can get BS2 working.

Grief.exe

I've had so many great gaming experiences already in 2013

Don't Starve
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Getting back into TF2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Hotline Miami
Metroid Prime
Sleeping Dogs
The World Ends With You

Granted a lot of those were older games, but I've been having ridiculous amounts of fun in 2013.

Stark contrast to the end of 2012 where I was kind of ho hum

Max Payne 3
RAGE
SPEC OPS The Line (Great experience, not so great gameplay)
Assassin's Creed II (Gets very boring, very repetitive, and press X to win)

Come to think of it, this was a huge turn around for me. I remember being very bored of gaming at the end of 2012. Probably because of that streak of games.

Just found some dark chocolate covered acai berries. Got my PG Tips, Breton crackers, havarti, fresh pears, and now these for my Biosnacks.

If the ending sucks, I'm going full spicy Popeyes or a whole Central Grocery Muffaletta. Fuck moderation.

Grief.exe

I have one game on Steam but its because I have a shitty laptop.

Its The Dig.

But The Dig is an awesome as fuck game.

Check out

Don't Starve
Terraria
Binding of Isaac
Mount & Blade: Warband
FTL
Hotline Miami
Bastion (Its only $1 right now)

All of these games are PC only (with the exception of Bastion and Terraria is getting a port) and a complete travesty if you haven't experienced them.

And they are all very cheap.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Any conclusive ps3 360 compares yet? Mostly concerned if texture resolution takes a dump on 360 because of disc size or something. If its just 'Tomb Raider' levels of difference im fine with that.

Andrew.

Banned
Check out

Don't Starve
Terraria
Binding of Isaac
Mount & Blade: Warband
FTL
Hotline Miami
Bastion (Its only $1 right now)

All of these games are PC only (with the exception of Bastion and Terraria is getting a port) and a complete travesty if you haven't experienced them.

And they are all very cheap.

I have Bastion on 360. Day 1 for that. Loved it. Soundtrack is mesmerizing. I need to play Hotline simply because I live less than an hour from Miami. Its practically principle.

Ill check the others too. Thanks Coop

Grief.exe

Had your cherry popped eh?

I wish I could play it for the first time again.

Oh ya, game looks and plays amazing. Especially on Dolphin

I have Bastion on 360. Day 1 for that. Loved it. Soundtrack is mesmerizing. I need to play Hotline simply because I live less than an hour from Miami. Its practically principle.

Ill check the others too. Thanks Coop

So many GAFFERS have been calling me that lately, its funny because no one mentioned it in the first few months I was here.

I think enough time has passed that everything will be fresh again for Metroid Prime. Same thing happened with Onimusha last month, so I think a replay is in order.

BraXzy

Add me on steam too if you want, don't judge my lack of hours on, I'm at the end of my year and have a lot of uni work. But summer in a month sounds good right?

<-- Same as here <--

Sblargh

Banned
Pre-ordered because of all the shit green man gaming gave me for free. Chose Spec Ops: The Line.

It is nice so far. I killed a civillian, I feel kind of bad about it, but the game did not acknowledged it in any way. I didn't mean to, it was an honest mistake, but one that could be avoided. The fight died down a bit and he ran torwards me, I pressed the button.
Dang.

Top Bottom