• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Technically, Disney owns all of it now. I know Ron Gilbert said something along the lines of if he ever came into a VERY large sum of money he'd look into it, but I have a feeling all those IP are done for a while.

I had a small shimmer of hope Disney Infinity could bring them back, but I know I'm just being crazy.

Grim Fandango, DoT, Full Throttle are the games that the younger generation need to play. I refuse to beileve we won't see a release from them sooner than much later.

CrazyDude

250px-Day_of_the_Tentacle_artwork.jpg

What is it about?

antitrop

I should put Full Throttle on my iPhone. I'm sure there's some way to do that.

And in the late 90's I had to choose between Blade Runner and Grim Fandango. I went with Blade Runner, no regrets. I played Grim Fandango a few years ago, and I loved it except for the controls... those controls.

PBalfredo

I'm looking at the Green Man Gaming pre-order bonuses and the only one I haven't played yet is The Darkness II. How is it? Worth the time playing? Haven't played the first one. Otherwise I'm thinking of just grabbing Bioshock 2 so I can nab Minerva's Den during the next Steam Sale.

I'm looking at the Green Man Gaming pre-order bonuses and the only one I haven't played yet is The Darkness II. How is it? Worth the time playing? Haven't played the first one. Otherwise I'm thinking of just grabbing Bioshock 2 so I can nab Minerva's Den during the next Steam Sale.

I had a lot of fun with The Darkness 2 last year, short but sweet. You can only purchase Minerva's Den through GFWL.

New Orleans represent!

*crickets*

Think I'm gonna finish my Vanquish replay tonight, then probably finish Tomb Raider Underworld and fill in the gap to Thursday with Mega Man 2-4.

(Thursday being when rentals usually arrive for me, sorry Shawn but I have a cat in the hospital and I'm broke)

I suppose that Amazon is the best place to preorder at this point with the XCOM plus $30 in 2K bucks? Any good 2K games worth spending that on?

DukeBobby

It's a decent game, with good shooting mechanics. It's fairly short, though, lasting about 5 hours. However, I vastly prefer the first game, and I would recommend you find a cheap copy and play it.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Massachusetts ( New England ) Represent!

Playing X Com till tuesday... then going on a business trip till friday :(

dEvAnGeL

I suppose that Amazon is the best place to preorder at this point with the XCOM plus $30 in 2K bucks? Any good 2K games worth spending that on?
greenmangaming has a very good offer as well, for $60 you get 3 extra games with bioshock infinite, xcom enemy unknown, bioshock 1 and an extra game of your choosing, i believe they have spec ops the line, civ 5, bioshock 2 and the darkness 2, you can also get either $15 GMG credit or $14 dollars back

Raxus

Amazon and Steam are the two best places to preorder Bioshock Infinite. Sadly I think the free XCom is PC only. Personally, I think Steam is the best deal since you can trade hats for full price games if you play your cards right. Hat economy indeed.

antitrop

Didn't they force a multiplayer mode and request changes to the SP? I wouldn't call that having "balls".

Cory Davis, Lead Dev on Spec Ops:

"Maybe we would have saved some money or sold some more games, I don't know, but I really like what we did because hell, to be honest, most of us developers are not benefiting other than having a job afterwards from the sales of our games, and the fact that 2K to me really puts quality first and really puts this debate that we were having on meaningful topics first, was pretty unique for a publisher."

and of course:

"(multiplayer is) "tacked-on… bullshit, should not exist… there's no doubt that it's an overall failure.

They took a hell of a lot of risk with the project that other publishers would not have had the balls to take," he said. "I'm proud of what we were able to achieve, and it was not easy."

Just finished that first section in Bioshock.

Damn I forgot how great that was and how good it looks.

Also, I was playing with vsync off, and if that's what I can expect form infinite in terms of framerate, I will have no problem with it at all

antitrop

Just finished that first section in Bioshock.
Damn I forgot how great that was and how good it looks.
Also, I was playing with vsync off, and if that's what I can expect form infinite in terms of framerate, I will have no problem with it at all

I replayed the first 2 hours of Bioshock a few months ago on a hallucinogenic substance. It was intense and overwhelming. Made me look at the game in an entirely different way.
It amplified all the emotions of confusion and loneliness that are so masterfully presented.

I never gave Bioshock a proper playthrough in 07, I played it a few weeks after coming off Call of Duty 4 and my mindset just wasn't right for something like Bioshock. All I could focus on was how not fun the actual gameplay was, I couldn't fully appreciate the atmosphere. I ran through it like a corridor shooter.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I replayed the first 2 hours of Bioshock a few months ago on a hallucinogenic substance. It was intense and overwhelming. Made me look at the game in an entirely different way.
It amplified all the emotions of confusion and loneliness that are so masterfully presented.

I never gave Bioshock a proper playthrough in 07, I played it a few weeks after coming off Call of Duty 4 and my mindset just wasn't right for something like Bioshock. All I could focus on was how not fun the actual gameplay was, I couldn't fully appreciate the atmosphere. I ran through it like a corridor shooter.

Man, Bioshock would not be on a list of games that I would think would be a good idea to play on hallucinogens. Seems like it could mess you up bad. Dyad would be my choice.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Didn't they force a multiplayer mode and request changes to the SP? I wouldn't call that having "balls".

For some reason this reminded me that Bioshock 2 had multiplayer. Holy shit, most forgettable experience in my life.

Just introduced Bioshock to my fiance. She's new to gaming and still has trouble with the dual sticks for FPS (plays Skyrim 3rd person).

She absolutely loves it (despite not able to play the game well), mostly due to the atmosphere. She skipped quite a bit of material due to not being used to exploration type gameplay, but found much of the beginning moments in Rapture to be terrifying.

antitrop

Just introduced Bioshock to my fiance. She's new to gaming and still has trouble with the dual sticks for FPS (plays Skyrim 3rd person).

She absolutely loves it (despite not able to play the game well), mostly due to the atmosphere. She skipped quite a bit of material due to not being used to exploration type gameplay, but found much of the beginning moments in Rapture to be terrifying.

Best first 45 minutes of the generation.

Top Bottom