• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

antitrop

Watching that Rev3 video just put me in full on hype mode.

Up until I watched that I didn't even know what I was hyped for. Oh my God, the art. It's so beautiful.

q7z6B1j.gif

Can any Irrational folks (OneLetter, Shawn) confirm any mainstream media appearances for Ken during launch week?

My dream is for him to go on Colbert. I can't think of a better marriage of content and host than Colbert and Columbia.

I feel lucky to have lived for 13 years with a woman who plays everything I do.

I watched her play Bioshock 1 and 2, she's going to watch me play Infinite I think.

Significant other gamer bragging? Hah every time I walk away and come back this is a different thread. I'll bite though.

My wife doesn't really do any single-player gaming unless it's on her iPhone. She much prefers us to do our gaming together, whether it's her having me to all the controls on Walking Dead, or actually doing co-op like in Portal 2. I keep trying to spark her interest in playing some good games by herself though. I did get her to play up to Sander Cohen's level in the original BioShock, but then the interest fizzled. It still stings that she didn't even see the twist.

Undeterred, I've been bombarding her with promo material for Infinite. She likes the visuals, but I'm not sure if she'd put up with the shooting segments to get through the game. Maybe once she sees the game proper in action...

Man my gf went with me to every midnight launch and has better K/D than me on Halo 4.

It's nothing special you just get use to having someone sharing the same hobbies as you. and with different schedules it's just like saying we both like Game of Thrones or something.

Though there is a lot of audio things that are hidden which may take a while to collect.

Yeah... I took over 20 hours to get through the original Bioshock because I walked everywhere and took in every detail of the environment. I think it will be much the same here.

Zeliard

Significant other gamer bragging? Hah every time I walk away and come back this is a different thread. I'll bite though.

My wife doesn't really do any single-player gaming unless it's on her iPhone. She much prefers us to do our gaming together, whether it's her having me to all the controls on Walking Dead, or actually doing co-op like in Portal 2. I keep trying to spark her interest in playing some good games by herself though. I did get her to play up to Sander Cohen's level in the original BioShock, but then the interest fizzled. It still stings that she didn't even see the twist.

Undeterred, I've been bombarding her with promo material for Infinite. She likes the visuals, but I'm not sure if she'd put up with the shooting segments to get through the game. Maybe once she sees the game proper in action...

Colombia is a lot more bright and colorful than Rapture at least on the surface, so that may be enough to get her through. Bioshock had a dark, desolate, and consistently oppressive atmosphere, and I imagine that can get to someone after a while, especially if they aren't accustomed to games.

antitrop

The GAF ad at the bottom right now says "One Click for a Roman Orgy! Click Now!". I saw Caligula, I'm not really sure I want to.

B33

Banned
Thread moves pretty fast, I don't blame you for not finding it in this thread.

How old is everybody?

I know Andrew. is around 31. I am 20, if I am lucky, I will be the youngest guy here.

I'm older than you (CrazyDude), but younger than Andrew.

DukeBobby

Thread moves pretty fast, I don't blame you for not finding it in this thread.

How old is everybody?

I know Andrew. is around 31. I am 20, if I am lucky, I will be the youngest guy here.

I'm 21. We are probably amongst the youngest members in this thread. I can't imagine many 16-17 years old making an appearance.

Hex

Banned
God damn you people.
I wanted to hold off on this because I can not afford it ,but now I am going to try and power through Bioshock 1 and 2 the rest of this week to prepare myself. My inner steampunk nerd is too hooked.

ari

Banned
Is Bioshock: Infinite out yet?

=(
I'm playing the game through the Navy. (Great Lakes, IL....NEX.) All i got to say is that this game is deep. Like religion and real world problems deep. The feel of the gameplay is perfect apart from the melee, don't know why but it feels clunky....I'm playing the xbox version by the way.

So far. I would give the game a very high score.

M.W.

I'm playing the game through the Navy. (Great Lakes, IL....NEX.) All i got to say is that this game is deep as shit. Like religion and real world problems deep. The feel of the gameplay is perfect apart from the melee, don't know why but it feels clunky....I'm playing the ps3 version by the way.

So far. I would give the game a very high score.

Nice, so the PS3 version is awesome. Awesome.

Top Bottom