• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Oh, and if Shawn Elliot is still reading, I used to keep GFW Radio podcasts on my iPod and listen to them during patrol (along with the other 1UP staples).

I do remember having one earbud in during the middle of a firefight and listening to a 'Heroes of the Web' at the same time. Didn't seem so weird to me at the time, but now looking back it seems rather laughably absurd.

I can't imagine how that was like.
Does seem really crazy, and knowing people are living that boggles my mind.

antitrop

Once arcade games started wanting $1 I was over it.

I must have spent well over $30 in the course of a few years on Metal Slug at my bowling alley, though. Loved hanging out in smokey bowling alleys, eating shitty pizza, and playing kick-ass arcade games as a kid.

I feel bad for gamers who missed out on Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat at the local arcade, thick with cigarette smoke and adolescent B.O., setting up their quarters and entering local tournaments. Or the excitement of a new cabinet appearing!

You don't know what it was like! *single tear*

Or that one guy you're not supposed to beat coz he'll fucking kill you

antitrop

I had one dude at my local arcade who had a monopoly on selling MK2 move lists to people. He threatened anyone who showed up with their own.

Did he look like this?

YeGOxaE.jpg

El Odio

Banned
Goddamnit, I finally get BS2 working by having run on dx9 and I come back to see this thread is now about making me feel young. I'm only 19 and a half...

B33

Banned
Did anyone else ever have the opportunity to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Arcade Game (Konami)?

Nothing could beat finding a group of three people to join you on a run through it. Some would bow out due to a lack of willpower or perhaps coins, while others would hold out for the entire trek.

Chaotic encounters, digital pizza, exciting platforming, and Turtle Power were to be had for those that succeeded in playing the entire thing. Getting close to the credits perennially seemed to draw a crowd.

I'll always look back on playing it with conviviality, even if it was just a ploy to syphon as many quarters as possible from my pocket.

antitrop

By time I was of age to go around arcades, Turtles in Time had already rose to prominence. But both cabinets were usually available in close proximity of each other at every arcade.

And I played a disgusting amount of that on the NES.

Toa TAK

Banned
Goddamnit, I finally get BS2 working by having run on dx9 and I come back to see this thread is now about making me feel young. I'm only 19 and a half...

I just turned 19 earlier this month. It's cool, bro. We can be, like, "The 19 Twins" or something.

antitrop

Don't even get me started on some Gauntlet. Too many hours on the NES and in the arcades and then I did it all over again as a teenager with Gauntlet Legends.

Alright guys I'm about to drop the hammer on this green man gaming deal! Wanted to check with you all first incase a better deal has popped up anywhere??

Thanks In advance

I always felt Gauntlet was a rip-off, because you could never one-credit clear that bitch. No matter how good you did, eventually RED WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD BADLY and you'd have to insert more coins

I'm onto your game, Atari

El Odio

Banned
Did anyone else ever have the opportunity to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Arcade Game (Konami)?

Nothing could beat finding a group of three people to join you on a run through it. Some would bow out due to a lack of willpower or perhaps coins, while others would hold out for the entire trek.

Chaotic encounters, digital pizza, exciting platforming, and Turtle Power were to be had for those that succeeded in playing the entire thing. Getting close to the credits perennially seemed to draw a crowd.

I'll always look back on playing it with conviviality, even if it was just a ploy to syphon as many quarters as possible from my pocket.
This was the one that was ported to NES right? That was the only way I got to experience it.

Alright guys I'm about to drop the hammer on this green man gaming deal! Wanted to check with you all first incase a better deal has popped up anywhere??

Thanks In advance

I think this deal will be running for a while so what I am doing is waiting until the day to buy it from GMG. People that buy as soon as it comes out get their keys first, sometimes by quite a wide margin.

antitrop

The best reason to pre-order now would be so you can play Spec Ops: The Line while you wait for Tuesday.

If you already beat it, not really any problems with waiting for another deal to come along, but I doubt it.

Don't even get me started on some Gauntlet. Too many hours on the NES and in the arcades and then I did it all over again as a teenager with Gauntlet Legends.
Oh mannnn, GL was the best thing ever in high school on N64. A bunch of us would show up at my friend's house and we'd play all god damned day. Smash, Mario Kart, Marvel Vs Capcom, Rival Schools, Mario Tennis/Party, Golden Eye/Perfect Dark.. the 90's were the most fun I ever had gaming

The best reason to pre-order now would be so you can play Spec Ops: The Line while you wait for Tuesday.

If you already beat it, not really any problems with waiting for another deal to come along, but I doubt it.

Of course if really want to play the free games ASAP go for it but I already have all the ones offered to I am taking a risk and waiting.

I trust your gaming opinions around here and I am looking forward to Spec Ops since you are always hyping it.

I will probably wait until Sunday and see if anything crops up, if not I'm doing it.

antitrop

I trust your gaming opinions around here and I am looking forward to Spec Ops since you are always hyping it.

I will probably wait until Sunday and see if anything crops up, if not I'm doing it.
If so, it would not be unreasonable to finish Spec Ops on Monday before Infinite unlocks that evening. It's a short but (bitter)sweet one.

B33

Banned
It's great to see so many others share in my enjoyment of the Turtles arcade game.

4-player TMNT Arcade? Been there, done that and I'll raise you this:

Gauntlet-3.jpg

Oh, man, Gauntlet? You have trascended me.

This was the one that was ported to NES right? That was the only way I got to experience it.

Yes. It was known as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game" on the NES.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Spec Ops is uncommonly ballsy and interesting. Well-worth playing.

I'm hoping Infinite has some ballsy storytelling of its own. It already has some pretty ballsy philosophy as its framework, which I'm sure will catch some media attention at some point for being an indictment of neo-conservatives or some such thing.

I'm wondering how the people who loved SS 2 (Doc Suess, Derrick01, others) will fare in comparison impressions with the people who loved Bioshock 1.

Considering this is not a console exclusive, I don't think the review thread will be as big a bloodbath (compared to The Last of Us) if the scores go to 8 and below but you never know.

It'll be fun sitting on the sidelines dining on the schadenfreude XD

Zeliard

Arch Stanton

Neo Member
What about the dude that would plop his girlfriend up on an arcade game (say, SFII) as a means to show off how "hot" she was to the rest of the supposed losers gathered about...

And then said dude would get his ass beat at the game and have to quietly move her away while the next guy came in to challenge.

Social hierarchies in arcades... bygone stuff.

B33

Banned
I reach the end of every article related to BioShock Infinite with trepidation. As far as I'm concerned, the comments section doesn't exist.

Top Bottom