• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Speaking of PS3 there is a new system update no idea what it does but after I installed it my PS3 fans sped up again not jet engine but kinda like the 360 ones.

I'm playing the game through the Navy. (Great Lakes, IL....NEX.) All i got to say is that this game is deep. Like religion and real world problems deep. The feel of the gameplay is perfect apart from the melee, don't know why but it feels clunky....I'm playing the xbox version by the way.

So far. I would give the game a very high score.

Good to hear.
If it's coming friday for me I am going to be very happy.

Derrick01

Banned
You all are a bunch of old geezers, damn. 18 right here. Just a baby it seems.

I actually pity you. That means you were 10/11 when this generation started and 5/6 when the ps2 gen started. You missed out on so many great moments in gaming that you may have caught up on through emulation or backwards compatibility, but that can never match the original amazement those games provided in their times.

Stark

Banned
I actually pity you. That means you were 10/11 when this generation started and 5/6 when the ps2 gen started. You missed out on so many great moments in gaming that you may have caught up on through emulation or backwards compatibility, but that can never match the original amazement those games provided in their times.

At least he'll live well past some of you guys!

RoKKeR

18 was a good year for video games for me. The fabled 2004. Then I decided to join the military instead of going to college.
So you weren't joking about "re-enlisting" in the Bullshot thread, damn. Mad respect, my man. Thank you. (I just going to go ahead and assume you're American)

I envy you. I miss my teens.
I'm living the dream right now, it's good time.

Wait, Bioshock?

antitrop

So you weren't joking about "re-enlisting" in the Bullshot thread, damn. Mad respect, my man. Thank you. (I just going to go ahead and assume you're American)

4 years Marine Corps Infantry, 2 of them in Iraq.

With the way the economy is today, I am considering possibly re-enlisting in the Army and trying to go Rangers. The Marines aren't taking back veterans due to budget cuts.
Or there's always the private military... Army of Two, baby. Who wants to go with me?

RoKKeR

Of course. I actually played quite a bit back in the Cube/PS2 days and hopped on this gen in April 2008. Obviously I've missed classics and for example, never experienced Halo in its LAN hay day, but I don't pity myself for that, lol.

Zeliard

Of course. I actually played quite a bit back in the Cube/PS2 days and hopped on this gen in April 2008. Obviously I've missed classics and for example, never experienced Halo in its LAN hay day, but I don't pity myself for that, lol.

You should pity yourself for missing Quake. :>

RoKKeR

4 years Marine Corps Infantry, 2 of them in Iraq.

With the way the economy is today, I am considering possibly re-enlisting in the Army and trying to go Rangers. The Marines aren't taking back veterans due to budget cuts.
Or there's always the private military... Army of Two, baby. Who wants to go with me?
As long as we get to wear hockey masks and can get dudebro call signs, I'm in. I'll rip up my -redacted- university acceptance letter and take back my maltriculation fees.

In another life, maybe.

38 - am I the old man here? : /

Being a 38 year old gamer is actually pretty sweet to tell the truth. Clear memories of the NES era onward, actually got to enjoy the rise and fall of arcades, etc.

antitrop

As long as we get to wear hockey masks and can get dudebro call signs, I'm in. I'll rip up my -redacted- university acceptance letter and take back my maltriculation fees.

In another life, maybe.

QS8FmMn.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

You missed out on the height of arcades, the SNES, and Quake!

I envy you. I miss my teens.

Your teens are basically the worst years of your life. Everything after that is cake.

Yeah, games that were literally genre-defining. When was the last time a truly new genre was born?

MOBAs are an actual genre.

I feel bad for gamers who missed out on Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat at the local arcade, thick with cigarette smoke and adolescent B.O., setting up their quarters and entering local tournaments. Or the excitement of a new cabinet appearing!

You don't know what it was like! *single tear*

Your teens are basically the worst years of your life. Everything after that is cake.

Truth.

I feel bad for gamers who missed out on Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat at the local arcade, thick with cigarette smoke and adolescent B.O., setting up their quarters and entering local tournaments. Or the excitement of a new cabinet appearing!

You don't know what it was like! *single tear*

Or losing said quarter down the front of an old or beat up machine!

antitrop

Oh, and if Shawn Elliot is still reading, I used to keep GFW Radio podcasts on my iPod and listen to them during patrol (along with the other 1UP staples).

I do remember having one earbud in during the middle of a firefight and listening to a 'Heroes of the Web' at the same time. Didn't seem so weird to me at the time, but now looking back it seems rather laughably absurd.

Top Bottom