• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

4-player TMNT Arcade? Been there, done that and I'll raise you this:

Gauntlet-3.jpg

Elf needs food . . . . Badly.

B33

Banned
I'm wondering how the people who loved SS 2 (Doc Suess, Derrick01, others) will fare in comparison impressions with the people who loved Bioshock 1.

Considering this is not a console exclusive, I don't think the review thread will be as big a bloodbath (compared to The Last of Us) if the scores go to 8 and below but you never know.

It'll be fun sitting on the sidelines dining on the schadenfreude XD

The System Shock enthusiasts will probably berate the game because it's not System Shock 3, mock it for apparently being a PC port, and chastise it for being bereft of multiplayer.

Turtles was only one of many though. You also had The Simpsons, The Avengers, Captain Commando etc. 4 player arcade beat-em-ups were good stuff.

This is true.

I was also fond of Galaga and PAC-MAN.

El Odio

Banned
Yes. It was known as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game" on the NES.
Yup, that's it. My friend had that on his NES. We played it everyday after grade school way back when. I think we only managed to beat it twice. We also played the hell outta that Simpson's arcade game at the one attached to the bowling alley. So many hard earned quarters spent in futile.

JJD

Not at all. Apart from a 3 seconds difference in the load times of areas, the game remains the same.

I hope this is true.

I still remember some gaffers claiming that the PS3 version of Skyrim was graphically better than the 360 one when the OT went live.

Zeliard

The System Shock enthusiasts will probably berate the game because it's not System Shock 3, mock it for apparently being a PC port, and chastise it for being bereft of multiplayer.

I'm a "System Shock enthusiast" and I'll be happy enough with the game if it can basically be an extended version of Minerva's Den in overall quality. Bioshock suffered from comparisons to SS2, but in Infinite's case, it's going to be compared to the other Bioshock games.

Bioshock is well-established at this point as quite divorced from any System Shock, so it would be pointless to expect that from it. Minerva's Den is a more reasonable benchmark, or Bioshock 1/2 if you thought highly enough of them.

I really love the variety of topics that have been talked about in this thread! I'm thankful for it considering how antsy I've felt the past few days since leaked info started spreading around the internet.

Another 19 yr old here. Surprised there are actually some even younger members than that in the thread!

The original Bioshock had such a big influence on me and was probably one of the first games to start truly broadening my tastes in games. I totally agree that it's a flawed masterpiece, but I love it to bits. I'd replay Bioshock or finally get around to starting SS2, but I'm worried about fatigue. I'm hopelessly hyped for Infinite.

MNC

Alright guys I'm about to drop the hammer on this green man gaming deal! Wanted to check with you all first incase a better deal has popped up anywhere??

Thanks In advance
There is definitely not a better deal than GMG. Fucking 28 euros (thanks to credit) for bioshock infnite, bioshock 1, darkness ii and xcom. Holy shit. Even as im typing this im astonished.

I so hope this is as good as I want it to be.

Even with it's faults, I love Bioshock. 100%'d it on both 360 and PS3. Think I would have loved it less if I had ever used a vitachamber. Just always felt so cheap to me, so I would just reload the few times I died.

PaulLFC

I really want this to be good, but I have to wonder with all these pre-order deals, are there fears at 2K that reviews are going to be mediocre and impact post-release sales or something?

I mean at GMG you can get BioShock 1, XCOM: EU, Spec Ops and BioShock Infinite all for £23.99.

That is crazy.

GlamFM

Banned
I really want this to be good, but I have to wonder with all these pre-order deals, are there fears at 2K that reviews are going to be mediocre and impact post-release sales or something?

I mean at GMG you can get BioShock 1, XCOM: EU, Spec Ops and BioShock Infinite all for £23.99.

That is crazy.

I haven´t kept up with the thread. Is there any indication it wont be good?

I know the development seemed troubled.

Are there early impressions somewhere?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thread moves pretty fast, I don't blame you for not finding it in this thread.

How old is everybody?

I know Andrew. is around 31. I am 20, if I am lucky, I will be the youngest guy here.
I'm 25.

1987 UNITE!

sam27368

Banned
So without spoiling or ruining anything, has anyone seen/read any initial impressions?

Is it the OMG Game Changer some were expecting? Is it an instant classic to be remembered like its predecessor? Or is it just a good game?

Zanosuke

I just bought the Bioshock bundle from GMG but the infinite key wasn't valid when I tried it on Steam. Can't I preload the game?

chippie

You usually can't redeem a key until the game is released on steam

Valve probably wants to leave pre loading to people that purchase from it's store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just bought the Bioshock bundle from GMG but the infinite key wasn't valid when I tried it on Steam. Can't I preload the game?
You usually can't redeem a key until the game is released on steam

Valve probably wants to leave pre loading to people that purchase from it's store.

This isn't true at all. The code Zanosuke's received will be for the Industrial Revolution puzzle game, as GMG won't receive keys for BioInf at least until the pre-load date has been confirmed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yep, but I'm afraid she's going to get burnt out really quick due to not being used to that type of game. Got a hold of a BradyGames guide for the game to help her when she needs it, but that only helps so much.

By the way, here's a new Rev3Games interview with Ken Levine (part 1):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Ldu6okEfY

Watching this in 1080p. Holy hell, this game looks freakin incredible on PC.

That is crazy.

Do i get a steam key for all the games, or just B.Inf.?

Sblargh

Banned
Once you know all the puzzles and stuff (assuming I didn't forget anything too drastic), how long does it take to finish the first Bioshock?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Steam says 4 days, 11 hours!

4 days and 2 hours here in Aussieralia, which is 10pm on the 25th for me.

Edit: It should actually be releasing an hour earlier as per Daylight Savings (9pm AWST = 12am AEDT). Hopefully this is corrected.

RetroMG

Bioshock Infinite |OT| The OT stands for off-topic until Tuesday.

So my PC can run the game, but supposedly my gpu is just below the preferred requirements. I'm tempted to try to upgrade before Tuesday, but I think I'd be asking for trouble financially.

Top Bottom