• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

glaurung

What's with the cramming Infinite down people's throats with those buy-one-get-three deals?

Are they afraid the game will bomb?

Andrew.

Banned
So I'm awake for spoilers, but I sleep through old arcade discussion...

You mightve missed the Metroid Prime worship session as well.

And as always Spec Ops has been mentioned.

Picture time!

Co7P0As.png

Derrick01

Banned
I'm wondering how the people who loved SS 2 (Doc Suess, Derrick01, others) will fare in comparison impressions with the people who loved Bioshock 1.

Considering this is not a console exclusive, I don't think the review thread will be as big a bloodbath (compared to The Last of Us) if the scores go to 8 and below but you never know.

It'll be fun sitting on the sidelines dining on the schadenfreude XD

It's a AAA console game, I already know what to expect and what not to expect and I'm over it not being as good as System Shock. You should have seen me when Bioshock was coming out though, goddamn it would have been nasty.

Generally the first betrayal game in a series or from a loved developer is the one I react the strongest too. Then after they become dead to me I no longer care about them making streamlined games. Like after Absolution I don't care about the Hitman franchise at all anymore. All they have to do is make a better game than Absolution next time since my expectations will never ever be high enough to expect another Blood Money again.

FartOfWar

Banned
Oh, and if Shawn Elliot is still reading, I used to keep GFW Radio podcasts on my iPod and listen to them during patrol (along with the other 1UP staples).

I do remember having one earbud in during the middle of a firefight and listening to a 'Heroes of the Web' at the same time. Didn't seem so weird to me at the time, but now looking back it seems rather laughably absurd.

Thread moves fast -- glad I didn't miss this as it's probably the most incredible thing I've heard relating to anything I've done. I'm happy to have helped, happier that you weren't hurt with Heroes of the Web in your ear at the time.

ari

Banned
I hope this is true.

I still remember some gaffers claiming that the PS3 version of Skyrim was graphically better than the 360 one when the OT went live.
If there's any major technical problems with this game for either console, i have yet to come across it.

The ps3 version is fine if anyone is wondering. My friend just beat it.

How long is the game?
Took my friend around 11 hours. He's hardcore though

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
If there's any major technical problems with this game for either console, i have yet to come across it.

How good is the game?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What are you guys playing to bide your time before the release?

Ive got Half Life 2 off and on.

You know what I'm doing lol

So much stuff, I'm drowning in games

Sly 4 (x2)
Gravity Rush DLC
F1 Race Stars
GOW Ascension
The Walking Dead
Spec Ops The Line
Lego Harry Potter Year 5-7 (Vita)
Dokuro

Should be good till Bioshock release!

Trophies I must earn and collect them!

Acorn

Lol@Aussie severs under USA. Geography how does that work!?

On topic, someone said 11 hours to beat. That's pretty meaty for a single player fps these days.

Do you know if Bioshock 1 is in the disc?

Derrick01

Banned

More Crusader Kings 2. Seems to be the only game I can play now in between new releases. I got the platinum in god of war like 4 days after it came out so I'm kind of done with that forever already.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just fucking wait until we get some down sampling, inject some AA, and someone figures out how to remove the HUD. The Bullshot thread will be sexual on Tuesday.

Oooooh, I'll need one where someone throws Booker off the City

Can't wait

Think I mentioned it earlier. Finishing Vanquish again now, god I love this game. Then maybe finishing TR Underworld.

Knowing work, I may not have time for anything else after Sunday night until Bioshock arrives probably Thursday.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Are there any laptops out at the moment that will run this well? My old laptop has died on me and i'm getting my annual bonus through work soon, would be good to pick something up that I can enjoy this on, otherwise I'll go the console route. I realise that it'll probably be super expensive though. I'm in the UK, if that makes a difference.

FartOfWar

Banned
Are there any laptops out at the moment that will run this well? My old laptop has died on me and i'm getting my annual bonus through work soon, would be good to pick something up that I can enjoy this on, otherwise I'll go the console route. I realise that it'll probably be super expensive though. I'm in the UK, if that makes a difference.

Someone was playing it on a Surface here.

Top Bottom