• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

So I haven't been keeping up with much of this game. Is Songbird like... an actual bird thing or a person with a stupid codename?

Are Songbirds the new Big Daddy?

Andrew.

Banned
So I haven't been keeping up with much of this game. Is Songbird like... an actual bird thing or a person with a stupid codename?

We dont know yet...

I think the Heavy Hitters seem more Big Daddy-ish.

Songbird is on a whole other level.

Muffdraul

I assume Songbird is a guy inside a suit.

But according to Levine in a recent interview, if the Big Daddy concept from Bioshock 1 evolved into an analog in Infinite... it would be Elizabeth.

Have you even seen a single trailer? Songbird has been in nearly every trailer. It and elizabeth are the two most advertised characters in the game (not including booker since its a fps).

Anyway, yes its similar in style to a big daddy except there's only one and its elizabeth's prison guard and hunts/searches for her when Booker broke her out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
We dont know yet...

I think the Heavy Hitters seem more Big Daddy-ish.

Songbird is on a whole other level.

Heavy Hitter = Big Daddies

Songbird = Big Sister with Wings... "Told them not to give them Red Bull Tainted Bull Rush Vigor"

antitrop

Nice. My gamestop is doing a midnight release.
The last, and only, midnight release I've been to was for Final Fantasy XIII at the GameStop in the mall. We played BlazBlue all night, watched Advent Children, and one of the unusually attractive female store managers dressed up as Lightning and everyone was running around the (empty, after operating hours) mall shooting each other with Nerf guns. Surprisingly fun.

That GameStop got closed down last month in the nation-wide mass-closings.

The last, and only, midnight release I've been to was for Final Fantasy XIII at the GameStop in the mall. We played BlazBlue all night, watched Advent Children, and one of the unusually attractive female store managers dressed up as Lightning and everyone was running around the (empty, after operating hours) mall shooting each other with Nerf guns. Surprisingly fun.

Last one i lined up for was Pokemon Black 2 and GoW III and before that and MGS4.

The last, and only, midnight release I've been to was for Final Fantasy XIII at the GameStop in the mall. We played BlazBlue all night, watched Advent Children, and one of the unusually attractive female store managers dressed up as Lightning and everyone was running around the (closed) mall shooting each other with Nerf guns. Surprisingly fun.

I've been to a few of them, but the coolest one I have ever attended was definitely Halo 3.

Some dude had a tv in the back of his Jeep and we played Melee, the Dunkin Donuts down the street sold me all of the donuts they had left for $15, and they had a Mountain Dew Rep there giving out free Game Fuel.

Andrew.

Banned

The last for me was Halo 4. There were a bunch of kids there and a DJ was playing dubstep and serving juice.

I wanted to eat a bullet.

void666

Banned
So i heard that the big plot twist in infinite is that I am not paying much attention to what's been getting people banned here.

I've been to a few of them, but the coolest one I have ever attended was definitely Halo 3.

Some dude had a tv in the back of his Jeep and we played Melee, the Dunkin Donuts down the street sold me all of the donuts they had left for $15, and they had a Mountain Dew Rep there giving out free Game Fuel.

Are you overweight by any chance?

Not trying to be a douche just asking.

Vire

That sounds like the opposite of fun.

NAPK1NS

"We think you ought to play BioShock, but you don't have to in order to understand Infinite."
That's not what that says, through. It says "We'd recommend you check it out, but its a pre-requisite for Infinite."

Whatever. Big time nit-picking.

So pumped for IGN's Infinite/10 score.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So what wording/phrases do you all expect from ign's 10/10 "it was okay" review? Im betting on visceral, Ken Levine's finest hour, unhinged, and tour de force. Breathtaking is a safe one too.

Edit: bonus points if breathtaking is used in combination with "vistas"

So what wording/phrases do you all expect from ign's 10/10 "it was okay" review? Im betting on visceral, Ken Levine's finest hour, unhinged, and tour de force. Breathtaking is a safe one too.

heart-breaking, mind-blowing, revolutionary, joins Doom, Quake and Half-Life on the Mt. Rushmore of essential shooters

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I know you're joking, but this thread is extremely sensitive about this right now. I would recommend editing it before being banned. The mods aren't fucking around after yesterday.

Even more stuff happened yesterday? Are some people just biding their time for times like this to suicide their account?

antitrop

You'll be on Cloud Nine playing through this stunning, brilliant masterpiece tour de force.

I'm unemployed, IGN. I'll be expecting the e-mail.

Muffdraul

The last for me was Halo 4. There were a bunch of kids there and a DJ was playing dubstep and serving juice.

I wanted to eat a bullet.

I've been to three midnight releases in my life:

Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire (1996)
Halo 2 (2004)
MGS4 (2008)

The Halo 2 one was at the EB flagship store at Universal CityWalk, and it was one of the most nightmarish experiences of my life. We got there at like 6PM and were still somewhere around 300th in line. This was before dubstep, but there was a DJ pumping out the most godawful garbage imaginable at the time. There were so many obnoxious douchebags in the crowd, and a camera crew from G4 or whatever going up and down the line blasting a blinding spotlight into our eyes. "I wanted to eat a bullet" sounds about right.

The MGS4 launch was way smaller and mellower, but those days are behind me. I missed the "How old is everyone" posts last night... I'll be 44 early next month. *wheeze*

BFIB

The game will elevate from a mere shoot 'em up to an Oscar caliber drama.

ironcreed

Banned

"We've been raptured and raised high in Columbia."

th

11/10

Seriously, expecting about a 9.0-9.5.

DukeBobby

'I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Drake Booker is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks.'

10/10

Zeliard

There will be at least three seperate uses of the term "mise en scène," each time used inappropriately.

Vire

It's hard to find decent nerd release parties in south Florida. Thankfully my local GS is doing a midnight for Infinite but I doubt many will be there.

Weird...

I live in South Florida and go by Drew also...

Andrew. is bizzaro clone from another dimension!

And I went to a midnight Halo 4 launch. :O

Top Bottom