• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I haven't seen valentine71 around much, have you?

Banned. Not sure if it was a specific post, continuing to talk about the game without offering proof of ownership, or what seemed to be some heated PM action.

Oooh, glad I missed that!

That user wasn't really spoiling anything. Spoke about some basic gameplay and PS3 options/performance, but that was it.

Had at least one person account suicide on here though by posting the same ending info that's been edited on wikipedia and is spreading like wildfire.

Just got an email from the shop where I preordered. They are supposed to get the game tomorrow and will ship it then.

12629312565470nrkuak8d2plz.png

stktt

Banned
So what wording/phrases do you all expect from ign's 10/10 "it was okay" review? Im betting on visceral, Ken Levine's finest hour, unhinged, and tour de force. Breathtaking is a safe one too.

Edit: bonus points if breathtaking is used in combination with "vistas"

"You'll want to viscerally protect the pulse pounding, cinematic, breathtaking, and completely amazing action sequences that have been permanently seared into my retinas."

Well, off to work. Should be able to get out and be back in time for tonight's review and inevitable saltiness (there's always that one person).

antitrop

Well, off to work. Should be able to get out and be back in time for tonight's review and inevitable saltiness (there's always that one person).

GUYS IM SCARED, IM SHAKING, IM COLD. IT HURTS ALL OVER MY BODY. OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD! GUYS WHAT IF IT GETS LESS THAN A 9.4 ON IGN?

Dylan

Trying not to check this thread since I already bought the game and want to go in fresh.

But I just wanted to say that' I'm really excited and it just occurred to me that it will be nice to play a game where the sky is blue and not brown.

Syrinx

I want this game.

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I want to see a game that is a deconstruction of Spec Ops. It would show those ironic loading screens ironically.

OneLetter

Ordered via Steam, no email :S

OK, once it's live, Steam pre-purchasers just go to finkmanufacturing.com, and there will be a Steam-specific login option. You will link your Steam account to the site, it'll give you a code, you'll enter that code on Steam.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Dylan

GUYS IM SCARED, IM SHAKING, IM COLD. IT HURTS ALL OVER MY BODY. OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD! GUYS WHAT IF IT GETS LESS THAN A 9.4 ON IGN?

How fucked up is it that I (and probably a lot of us) instantly got the reference? GFWRadio: cultural touchstone.

Daft_Cat

So what wording/phrases do you all expect from ign's 10/10 "it was okay" review? Im betting on visceral, Ken Levine's finest hour, unhinged, and tour de force. Breathtaking is a safe one too.

I agree that the whole exclusive review thing is gross, but it is conceivable that Bioshock Infinite will be at least some of those things.

antitrop

Okay, I pre-ordered days ago but never bothered with the "Industrial Revolution" I should give it a shot, even though I hate puzzles.

At least it has tangible rewards for the full game.

Syrinx

8SCF6BG.jpg

antitrop

I got my code ages ago but havent used it yet. Does anyone know what in-game stuff you get for completing it?

Apparently it allows you to make binary choices after you finish a puzzle that will decide which "ultimate item" you receive for completing all (60?) puzzles.

This is surprisingly cool. I don't understand the context of the story, though. But whatever.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
OK, once it's live, Steam pre-purchasers just go to finkmanufacturing.com, and there will be a Steam-specific login option. You will link your Steam account to the site, it'll give you a code, you'll enter that code on Steam.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Do you know anything about if/when pre-loading will be available on Steam?

El Odio

Banned
I'm betting they'll give it a 9 while mentioning how the absence of multiplayer doesn't affect the game but they still can't help but wish it was there.

antitrop

Okay, what I just saw in 'Industrial Revolution' sold me instantly.

That was cool, a little bit more than I expected. I'm starting to pick up on the themes of what Bioshock Infinite will be about.

Dylan

Serious question for the Irrational employees.

On a scale of 1 through 10, how much do you recommend getting incredibly and hopelessly blazed on some dank sticky purp for my first play-through?

Andrew.

Banned
I'm betting they'll give it a 9 while mentioning how the absence of multiplayer doesn't affect the game but they still can't help but wish it was there.

"I wouldve loved to have explored Columbia with one of my bros by my side, soaking in the mesmerizing vistas of Levines tour de force of visceral visuals."

antitrop

Serious question for the Irrational employees.

On a scale of 1 through 10, how much do you recommend getting incredibly and hopelessly blazed on some dank sticky purp for my first play-through?

Come over here to Colorado, you'll fit in just fine.

Top Bottom