• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

muzzymate

Does anyone know what in-game stuff you get for completing it?
I've unlocked:
- 500 silver eagles
- 5 lockpicks
- Gear: Handyman Nemesis - deal more damage to any Handyman
- Gear: Sugar Rush - move faster for a short time after you eat a snack
- Gear: Fleet Feet - you won't slow down as much when you back away or sidestep
- Another unlock which I have not done

antitrop

I would be interested to see how the society of Bioshock Infinite would treat drug possession.

Serious thought. This Industrial Revolution game is actually surprisingly effective at "bringing me into the world" of Infinite. All the government propaganda and shit, this is fantastic.

Ok, I've been following the thread, and I see a few people from Irrational here, and I'll repeat my question..Is anyone in the internets who could give me impressions of the Move support of the game? I only hope that after the ending of the exclusive review of IGN some info will pop here or somewhere..

Zeliard

Shawn, next time you guys have a cult leader-type in one of your games, get William Lane Craig to voice him. Guy's got the perfect robotic cadence.

Grimhammer

Neo Member
I wanna put this out there....though I know I'll get raged on.

Not every game needs mp. Many would agree this game surely doesn't. I remember Ken Levine in an interview stating that the game was essentially finished...and they were trying to get the mp to work for about a year. In the end it was scrapped. I believe Ken was quite vocal about the failing.

My question - how does a company with so much talent and support from their publisher fail to implement good mp?

Are we to simply accept that bioshock & mp just won't work? Bioshock 2 mp was marred by technical issues. But wasn't bad. Maybe just me but I enjoyed it for what it was. With a hope that it'd be improved on for the sequel.

Now, I fully accept that a game sp shouldn't suffer at the hands of resources being spent on mp. Recent Tomb Raider mp is not very good...but it was done separately from the sp with separate resources and dev team. No hindrance on sp.

So...will I love Infinite? Surely. Will I miss the potential that mp could've brought? I think so.

Tesseract

Banned
so who're the key players in infinite's development? the artists and engineers, so forth. get in here and tell us about yourselves, if possible.

Anyone reserved the Premium Edition on Amazon. I hope them not listing release-date arrival for it is just a glitch, I really don't want to have to wait for Thursday. I know Metal Gear Rising didn't list release date arrival and it came on tuesday, so I'm holding out hope.

I would be interested to see how the society of Bioshock Infinite would treat drug possession.

Serious thought. This Industrial Revolution game is actually surprisingly effective at "bringing me into the world" of Infinite. All the government propaganda and shit, this is fantastic.

The only thing I'm not liking about industrial revolution is that it tries to make you pick a side without really knowing everything that is going on.

Wizman23

Banned
Serious question for the Irrational employees.

On a scale of 1 through 10, how much do you recommend getting incredibly and hopelessly blazed on some dank sticky purp for my first play-through?
I want to do this and just ride the skyline for hours and hours. I'm still interested to see how the skyline actually works as if u can just travel for hours on it exploring or if it is just tied to small areas for combat.

El Odio

Banned
"I wouldve loved to have explored Columbia with one of my bros by my side, soaking in the mesmerizing vistas of Levines tour de force of visceral visuals."

Yeah, that or "Sure, the single player experience is great but with all the cool new weapons and abilities you unlock I can't help but feel the absence of an online death match mode is a missed opportunity."

Andrew.

Banned
It'd be hilarious if Irrational actually put together that YT video of random comments.

"Fuk y'all raciss bitches. Obama 2016"

Stark

Banned

Not every game needs mp. Many would agree this game surely doesn't. I remember Ken Levine in an interview stating that the game was essentially finished...and they were trying to get the mp to work for about a year. In the end it was scrapped. I believe Ken was quite vocal about the failing.

My question - how does a company with so much talent and support from their publisher fail to implement good mp?

Are we to simply accept that bioshock & mp just won't work? Bioshock 2 mp was marred by technical issues. But wasn't bad. Maybe just me but I enjoyed it for what it was. With a hope that it'd be improved on for the sequel.

Now, I fully accept that a game sp shouldn't suffer at the hands of resources being spent on mp. Recent Tomb Raider mp is not very good...but it was done separately from the sp with separate resources and dev team. No hindrance on sp.

So...will I love Infinite? Surely. Will I miss the potential that mp could've brought? I think so.

He said something in one of the Rev3 interviews. It just didn't work out. It doesn't matter how much talent/budget you have, but if the idea doesn't work out or is not executed well enough, there's no point? kinda like what happens with ideas that are cut in development.

Just FYI, you get Facebook/Icons wallpaper faction sort of stuff(I don't remember exactly) when you beat the Fink manufacturing game. All the in game unlocks are the very early levels. I put everything into Vox and got Vox related icons.

Dylan

Without really knowing anything about the process Irrational went though, just from looking at the combat in Bioshock Infinite, I can tell a lot of the combat is designed around using powers that change behaviours of enemies, be it making them friendly or crazy, or taking their guns away etc.

As soon as you replace AI with human players, these mechanics probably don't really work. Are you going to allow an opponent to use an ability that takes control away from you? That would be really annoying and probably really exploitable.

I think FPS's with "just guns" are well suited for multiplayer but I can see BI's combat really not working out.

Have you even seen a single trailer? Songbird has been in nearly every trailer. It and elizabeth are the two most advertised characters in the game (not including booker since its a fps).

Anyway, yes its similar in style to a big daddy except there's only one and its elizabeth's prison guard and hunts/searches for her when Booker broke her out.

I've been avoiding all trailers.

edit: Oh boy now we are talking about the 7/10 scale. I wish a 10/10 scale was actually a 10/10 scale, but people treat 7/10 as average instead of 5/10.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
2Game shipped my copy.

Be wary:

HotUKDeals said:
This morning I decided to put in my first order with 2games.com as they have some pretty good prices, so thought I'd give them a go.

Decided to order Far Cry 3 as it was only £29.99, I also ordered it because they had it up as "IN STOCK NOW" and they say they'll dispatch all orders same day if bought before 3pm. So I ordered it this morning thinking "great, I'll be able to give in a go 3 days early!"

After ordering, decided to ask them in their live chat if they had dispatched my order as I hadn't got a dispatch email yet...

Their reply was "We haven't got stock yet, we'll be dispatching on Thursday"

So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having stock. When I pay for something advertised as "in stock" I expect it to actually be in stock, not a Pre-order without telling me.

Poor show.

baby-tunnel.gif

How many details do we have about Elizabeth?

Like do we know if she has a personality or is she going to be a clone of like every single little Macguffin girl ever? See: Dishonored, Bioshock 2.

antitrop

I don't even know why we're hyped about this game. You heard it here on GAF first, Halo 3 is the last significant game of all time.

Pack it up guys.

Top Bottom