• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Dead

well not really...yet
Heads are gonna be rolling at 2K tomorrow morning. 200 Million and a 9.4 to show for it?

Can't believe this :\

B33

Banned
IGN said:
She [Elizabeth] provides motivation and moves the story forward, and like the clear bond the Big Daddies and Little Sisters had in the first game, I was compelled to protect her.

Game of the decade.

Crystal Dynamics must be sobbing uncontrollably.

Yeah they didn't really go into detail with it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even play it and only relied on what info was given when the mode was announced.

Heh, my suspicion as well.

But then, this is the official version:

It’s not simply a matter of adjusting the difficulty sliders in the game – the team went much further than that. Resource planning? If you’re to survive this mode, proper planning will be crucial. Combat specializations? You’ll need to develop them efficiently and effectively throughout the story; any weapon will be useless to you unless you have that specialization. Combat? You will need to carefully target every shot, and your health will be set to an entirely different baseline. Game saves? Well, yes, there will be those, but according to Irrational Games Creative Director Ken Levine “there are game saves, and you’re gonna f***ing need them.”

“We want to give our oldest and most committed fans an option to go back to our roots,” said Levine. “In 1999 Mode, gamers face more of the permanent consequences of their gameplay decisions. In BioShock Infinite, gamers will have to sweat out the results of their actions. In addition, 1999 Mode will demand that players pick specializations, and focus on them.”

Dartastic

I really hope that the "twist" wasn't what I saw ten or so pages back when that douchebag just put in spoiler tags with no context. I'm going to choose to believe that it's fake. I know that the journey is the important part anyway.

I really hope that the "twist" wasn't what I saw ten or so pages back when that douchebag just put in spoiler tags with no context. I'm going to choose to believe that it's fake. I know that the journey is the important part anyway.

I had the character reveal of mgs4 ruined for me and still enjoyed it immensely. It's how you get there, not the destination. Believe!

papercamm

The way he describes the pacing of the game reminds me of Bioshock 2. Unrelated but that moment at 5:33 in the video review... Woah.

Lunar15

The biggest "negative" in that review seems weird

"Padded in the middle" WTF..

That can be a legitimate complaint. If the game just feels like it's spinning its gears in the middle act and giving you the run around.

It happens in a lot of games, but it's not like, deal-breaking or anything.

Yeah I saw the first thing that guy wrote and I wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow true. I don't understand why IGN even had to put that there was a twist in their review.

Dartastic

I had the character reveal of mgs4 ruined for me and still enjoyed it immensely. It's how you get there, not the destination. Believe!
I know. I only read the first three or so words, but it still sucked and was enough to spoil it quite badly.
Yeah I saw the first thing that guy wrote and I wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow true. I don't understand why IGN even had to put that there was a twist in their review.
The review mostly reads like a preview, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an actual spoiler also, but you never know. Like I said, I'm choosing to ignore it and just go with it. Plus that whole saying that there's a twist is pretty lame.

I wanted to play the 1999 mode that Ken was talking about. I had a feeling it was going to be bullshit, but I wantef to believe. Guess I'll just play on normal and blow through it, or hopefully a game journo (lol) can go into depth before I waste my time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't even like that a twist is being so openly talked about. Even if you don't get spoiled to it, you will still be aware that something is coming at some point, and that's lame.

I was .1 off on my prediction I guess I wont do the antifreeze simcity plan.

should I get bioshock 2 or specops as my free game from GMG? I have never played Bioshock 2

I think I know what you are going to say gaf.

I don't even like that a twist is being so openly talked about. Even if you don't get spoiled to it, you will still be aware that something is coming at some point, and that's lame.

Well, based on his review you're always gonna be expecting it throughout the game, it just hits you when you don't expect it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Laptop with controller? (no mouse atm)
i7 @ 2.2 GHz(w turbo boost up to 3.1 ghz-i have no idea what that means-)
AMD Radeon HD 6650M
6GB Ram
Windows 7 64-bit

Should I get it with this or go for the PS3 version? IGN review has me kind of worried.

Top Bottom