• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

images

theres room for both

I don't like that philosophy in game design where the writing seems to be able to exist without the "game" part or the mechanics. Vigors and Skyhooks are part of the game world, where the tilt left to dodge bad guy can never be mentioned by characters of Heavy Rain.

You can like it, and that's fine. But I can never find it fun and personally rather it stay as the niche it is.

Toparaman

Banned
Sucks to hear in the video review that Infinite makes the exact same mistake I was complaining about in the original Bioshock: the whole "Oh wait! Before you do that, you gotta do this first!" padding.

Oh man. IGN review got me hyped again. I'm only glancing at the video, mainly just listening.

While I'm optimistic about the game as well as the sincerity in Ryan's words, I can't help but feel that he's something of a hyperbole machine regardless. It's nothing personal, I don't know the guy, but his Halo 4 video review for example was borderline NSFW. The last time I was witness to such enthusiasm was this thing here.

That being said, he didn't seem afraid to point out the things he didn't like, and I respect that. It seemed a little more level-headed than his Halo 4 review, but that isn't what I'd call a feat.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I might actually have to get the season pass for this one, beings it is fully focused on single player content. Might as well.

I'm still stung over the SR3 season's pass I bought. I'm going to wait until the first comes out and then decide based on what reviewers and people around here think.

Slathe

If anyone is getting the GMG deal and wants a Civ 5 code, I mistakenly bought the wrong one and would be happy to trade it away for one of the other deals if you haven't bought yet (They won't do anything for me, which is understandable).

Send me a private message if interested.

Salsa

cant believe I managed to stay in a media blackout as long as I have for this

only saw the one trailer, and like 5 seconds of the E3 2011 demo before turning it off deciding to do this

cant wait

Well, I didn't really want to draw attention to what he may have said, just that I mourn the loss of Richard Feynman avatars. (That was him right? :p)

Again, I have full faith in Hobbes to protect us.

only saw the one trailer, and like 5 seconds of the E3 2011 demo before turning it off deciding to do this

cant wait

You literally have no idea how much I envy you :( you are going to have such a surreal experience.
I already had the ending spoiled for me. Please let them be lies oh god please

Damn did he post a spoiler or something? I had like 5 threads open so I kind of didn't even notice at first.

Same thing essentially that was on wikipedia and circulating everywhere else, just presented in a "What if" fashion.

I had a bit of an expanded version nail me yesterday. By launch I will require sand.

Mr.Fresh

cant wait

I'm kinda in the same boat. I was complete not interested in this game until a few months ago when I played the original Bioshock. I went back and watched the first trailer and read about the PS3 version supporting Move. Haven't see anything since. Finally a great game to use the PS Move with.

Andrew.

Banned
I actually think I missed it. I saw what he posted before but I missed the one that got transformed into the sudden period. That's what suddenly threw me off.

This place is getting fucking nuts.

imjust1n

Banned
Question for those who have a mid rage graphics card(6770) how well do you think this game will run on high settings?
Also if anyone knows if pre ordered from green man gaming do you get steam bonus as well?

This is the price we pay for loving story-based games. Bioshock and Metal Gear. We might as well be Harry Potter fans waiting on line in this thread.

By the way, was that a perma?

I actually think I missed it. I saw what he posted before but I missed the one that got transformed into the sudden period. That's what suddenly threw me off.

This place is getting fucking nuts.

Yep but it's better than I expected. Not that I don't have faith with you guys and gals.

Btw, Tricky is slummin it over in the review thread. Doesn't seem so keen on this one sadly enough. May have to do Oprah gifs without.

El Odio

Banned
Just finished up the video review. Nothing really different from the write up but god was it worth it to see how awesome Columbia looks. Just four more days...

Top Bottom