• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Great. Just had the ending spoiled.
tumblr_lrv6mbb5mp1r2ljlfo1_500.jpg

Amaron

Banned
I'm really annoyed now at the IGN review. I thought it would be safe reading this part:

IGNats said:
Story (NO SPOILERS)

GUISE
GUISE
SRSLY GUISE
GUISE THERE'S A
TWIST
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

God dammit, lying gnats.

Edit: Spoilered just in-case.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Damn that really sucks :/

I hate bullshit like this. Its like when people tell you about how there's an awesome twist in a movie or something. now you go in trying to figure out what it is

wait, shouldn't he edit out his post then?

i dont really consider that a spoiler but some might, so might as well not shed any light on the story at all.

wait, shouldn't he edit out his post then?

i dont really consider that a spoiler but some might, so might as well not shed any light on the story at all.

True, I edited mine, tho its very prominently mentioned in the video review, moreso than the written I think so I'd just avoid the reviews (and the early pages of the review thread) if you care about it

Anyone get their code from the AMD promotion yet? I keep checking my email hoping that it will be there.

Some people in this thread and a few sites have from what I heard. But they redeem their code recently, so if you redeemed a bit ago we might actually be in some weird line.

RayMaker

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5it-pAYmKY&feature=share&list=PL6DgSEoxzmJSmuKMX6RfbOAD3c62Auqt-

God I really hate when they do a really amazing first GAMEPLAY trailer and when the game turns up its looks completely gimped compared to it, now it looks like a call of duty on acid, the graphics, the animations and the overall mood have all changed for the worse since that original trailer.

shame on you irrational

The game probably is good but when you set my hype and exceptions with that first gameplay, anything inferior is going to disappoint.

and before people get on there high horse the same thing happened with aliens:cm and gamers came out with there pitchforks.

[youtube]PL6DgSEoxzmJSmuKMX6RfbOAD3c62Auqt-[/youtube]

God I really hate when they do a really amazing first GAMEPLAY trailer and when the game turns up its looks completely gimped compared to it, now it looks like a call of duty on acid, the graphics, the animations and the overall mood have all changed for the worse since that original trailer.

shame on you irrational

The game probably is good but when you set my hype and exceptions with that first gameplay, anything inferior is going to disappoint.

and before people get on there high horse the same thing happened with aliens:cm and gamers came out with there pitchforks.

We have no youtube tag, and the first gameplay video didn't look like a game but constant set pieces strung together. What we have now looks much more interesting.

Amaron

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5it-pAYmKY&feature=share&list=PL6DgSEoxzmJSmuKMX6RfbOAD3c62Auqt-

shame on you irrational

Wait until you actually play the game?

antitrop

shame on you irrational

Damn, dude chill. It's not even in the same galaxy as Aliens. There's no bait and switch here.

shame on you irrational

Maybe, just maybe the game was demoed on PC....... you know?

But they admitted that first demo was a concept, and created the E3 2011 demo which is when they actually had a real concrete idea of what direction the game would go on.

There was no smoke and mirrors like Aliens. And chill, play the game first.

Stark

Banned
We have no youtube tag, and the first gameplay video didn't look like a game but constant set pieces strung together. What we have now looks much more interesting.

Yeah. The fact that they got the systems in place and not being just a one time thing and then some is a job well done. Which was the point of it.

El Odio

Banned

shame on you irrational

Um, what? The video you linked looks more like CoD than what we've been seen afterwards since they got an idea of where they were going and got to expand it more.

RayMaker

Banned
Wait until you actually play the game?

Do you agree though that first gamplay looks a lot better then the finished product?

Hopefully the game will meet my expectations that first trailer gave me.

but from a pure gameplay prospective the first video to me looks so much better then the finished product.

and also its the fact they called the demo gameplay footage, yet the gameplay and visuals of the finished product are infirior. My point is that game devs should call these early trailers ''conceptual gameplay trailers not indicative of the final product'' so it does not create disappointment in gamers and make the devs look deceitful

shame on you irrational

I feel the same compared to the e3 20011 demo. Nothing in that IGN video review looked nearly as good as the demo.

I have high expectations, but i`m getting more and more the feeling that the game will be a huge disappointment for me.

Amaron

Banned
Do you agree though that first gamplay looks a lot better then the finished product?

Hopefully the game will meet my expectations that first trailer gave me.

but from a pure gameplay prospective the first video to me looks so much better then the finished product.

and also its the fact they called the demo gameplay footage, yet the gameplay and visuals of the finished product are infirior. My point is that game devs should call these early trailers ''conceptual gameplay trailers not indicative of the final product'' so it does not create disappointment in gamers and make the devs look deceitful

In my honest opinion, I cannot answer you because I have not played the finished product. I cannot and will not judge game-play based on videos.

Besides, the video you linked is labeled as "Early Gameplay Demonstration". That's an indicator of conceptualization to me.

RayMaker

Banned
But they admitted that first demo was a concept, and created the E3 2011 demo which is when they actually had a real concrete idea of what direction the game would go on.

There was no smoke and mirrors like Aliens. And chill, play the game first.

When did they admitt the first demo was concept? link

the title of the video on there youtube channel is ''BioShock Infinite Early Gameplay Demonstration''

and for the people telling me to chill , dont worry i'am as chilled as a glass of pimms on a warm summers day I just dont like being false advertised to.

RayMaker

Banned
In my honest opinion, I cannot answer you because I have not played the finished product. I cannot and will not judge game-play based on videos.

Besides, the video you linked is labeled as "Early Gameplay Demonstration". That's an indicator of conceptualization to me.

well thats great, but "Early Gameplay Demonstration" if you take the words for what they mean in the English language, they mean its a premature look to the way the game is going to be, How did you get the hint of conceptual in there?

Amaron

Banned
When did they admitt the first demo was concept? link

the title of the video on there youtube channel is ''BioShock Infinite Early Gameplay Demonstration''

and for the people telling me to chill , dont worry i'am as chilled as a glass of pimms on a warm summers day I just dont like being false advertised to.

They didn't. The fact it's called "Early Gameplay Demonstration" should be a clear cut indicator that this is an early work and easily subject to change seeing as how the game kept eventually getting pushed. Though I will admit the wording may be confusing.

But I can understand your worry. Personally, I like to play these things with no expectations and then judge it based on how much fun I had/lasting impressions.

Daft_Cat

well thats great, but "Early Gameplay Demonstration" if you take the words for what they mean in the English language, they mean its a premature look to the way the game is going to be How did you get the hint of conceptual there?

-and isn't that what it is? A relatively premature version of how the game exists today?

I'm not seeing the false advertisement.

RayMaker

Banned
They didn't. The fact it's called "Early Gameplay Demonstration" should be a clear cut indicator that this is an early work and easily subject to change seeing as how the game kept eventually getting pushed. Though I will admit the wording may be confusing.

But I can understand your worry. Personally, I like to play these things with no expectations and then judge it based on how much fun I had/lasting impressions.

What clear cut indicator? normaly when ''gameplay'' is shown it gets better not worse and judging by the far more advanced graphics of the first trailer I doubt it was gameplay at all!

is that section even in the game?

calling it 'gamplay' when its not gameplay is lie, there is no debating this it is fact.

I remember catching my first (fake) Bioshock 1 spoiler on Gametrailers back in the day.

I vaguely remember it saying that Rapture turned out to be a giant submarine that rose to the surface at the end. I was SO PISSED OFF when I read that, even though it turned out to be total BS.

Amaron

Banned
I remember catching my first (fake) Bioshock 1 spoiler on Gametrailers back in the day.

I vaguely remember it saying that Rapture turned out to be a giant submarine that rose to the surface at the end. I was SO PISSED OFF when I read that, even though it turned out to be total BS.

Please let everything I've had spoiled be fake. :(

Mechazawa

calling it 'gamplay' when its not gameplay is lie, there is no debating this it is fact.

The fact that anyone has to tell you that anyone playing a game for the first time isn't going to kill enemies in a perfectly synchronized manner where they don't miss shots or fuck up much, is insane.

shame on you irrational

I take back everything I just said

Why? That line I bolded is gold

because I think the first gamplay trailer is infact in the final game, which would make me very happy

if it aint my points still stand, guess i will have to play and see.

I have nothing against your initial enthusiasm of the original concept, but using it as the basis to hate the current game before even playing it is a bit of a stretch. And we know those segments won't be in the game, as it's been stated in multiple interviews so you obviously won't get what you want.

Your inapt comparison also to the fiasco that was Aliens Colonial Marines also make little to no sense when each time a new demo was made there are interviews with Ken and other seniors leads on the team on why they took this change in concept. No one is telling you to like it, but stating it is a lie and the overall negative reaction to this game with "Cod on acid" just shows your attachment to a demo rather then judge the game on it's own merit.

You can't compare this game to a game that doesn't exist.
You have no point to stand on. Just say you don't like the current direction of the game, since it's what your argument basically boils down to.

noffles

Banned
ign will lower the score to 7 in a few days because they feel bad about exclusivity

then there will be a further lowering of the score to 4 once the embargo breaks to separate itself from the metacritic

Actually, the word 'early' implies it will only get better. The word 'concept' would have been more suitable. I'm still excited to see what's up with this game. Gerstmann seems to like it, even though he appeared a little starstruck when talking to Levine about the game.

Top Bottom