• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

IGN reviews always fail to get me buzzed about whatever they're reviewing. They're so straight down the line and kind of dry and boring. Just a laundry list of features with very little actual insight.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Are you guys who ordered from Simplygames today only still having copies dispatched today? If so I will order mine today in the hope of getting it tomorrow if my current plan doesn't work out

Arrghh the Simply Games offer is tempting but so is the Green Man Gaming one. Do we know if they are really sending them out early or just doing what Game do and jumping the gun with the dispatch email.

Endless

1fpxpx.jpg

2wzxx0.jpg

304arw.jpg

48ebj4.jpg

neilka

SimplyGames got God of War Ascension to me last Tuesday and Gears of War Judgment to me this Wednesday so needless to say I've been very happy with them in the past!

OwlyKnees

These guys any good? Put an order in anyway, 30 quid's awesome.

Everytime I've ordered from SimplyGames it's been sent second-class post as standard, so I typically receive it a day before release or on the day. Never been earlier, so I'm sticking with Shop To this time as I've had plenty of negative experiences with second-class Royal Mail.

wouwie

I'm so ready to order Bioshock infinite at this point. It's going to be my first Bioshock game and i'm looking forward to it. The enthusiasm in the Bioshock neogaf threads has been great. Also, i'm going in almost blind since i watched very little footage.

Just waiting on some PS3 impressions before i make the order. Hope it's decent on console.

GolazoDan

Everytime I've ordered from SimplyGames it's been sent second-class post as standard, so I typically receive it a day before release or on the day. Never been earlier, so I'm sticking with Shop To this time as I've had plenty of negative experiences with second-class Royal Mail.
For this one it defaulted to (free) 1st class, we shall see how it goes! Either way, the base price is a bargain, good stuff.

That cover is amazing. Is that just a collector's edition or reversible on all versions if the game?

Holy shit that's awesome.

It is.

The only thing I miss with my digital future is some of the fantastic box covers/art. That said, I'd choose cheaper titles via DD over a physical copy. When i bought this game digitally, I got soooooooooo many extras that I couldn't help it.

I still treasure my RE4/Doom3/Grim Fandango/Shenmue/Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory cases.

Just to reiterate, anything that seems like a plausible spoiler is going to be ban first and ask questions later.

Thank you. I don't know why, but I get annoyed by even speculation of story elements. It's a double-edged sword as I want to talk about this game, but as it's entirely a story-centric game, it's kind of hard to do. You have mechanics/art/music/play-ability/features and even some of those can be story based. I just need not be on the webernet when it comes to a story heavy game.

Yeah, I'd also be very wary of story spoilers hidden under the guise of oh-so-clever "speculation," here and elsewhere.

Man, we are on the exact same page. Why do we do this to ourselves? I remember a few days ago we were both here, and someone poorly tagged a spoiler. Yet, here we are.

Zeliard

Man, we are on the exact same page. Why do we do this to ourselves? I remember a few days ago we were both here, and someone poorly tagged a spoiler. Yet, here we are.

Well I was already spoiled on the ending a few days ago from the guy who decided it would be a fantastic idea to post it in here, so I figure the damage has already been done.

Check out this article that made the rounds a couple years back:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thriving101/201108/the-spoiler-paradox

I've been consoling myself with that. :~(

Any spoilers in this thread should indeed bring the banhammer down like mighty Mjolnir itself. I'd even advocate a ban on black bars, as sometimes I'm using my phone, which still displays the text under the black. A spoiler thread needs to be made immediately so people can spoil to their heart's content in there.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Whoa, the final reversible cover looks even better than it did in the sketch from the vote. A lot of people thought the logo looked out of place in the first mock up but this looks perfect. I wish every game had reversible art like that. Resistance 3's is similarly awesome.

Andrew.

Banned
Why? Padding can be detrimental to a game experience.

See: Windwaker Triforce Hunt.

It just doesnt bother me. The middle is the meat. If it was the ending that was stretched, then I would maybe have an issue. Its just an odd complaint, like they had nothing else they could come up with. Im more surprised they didnt bring up the two weapon limit on consoles versus carrying them all on PC (which actually kind of sucks if true).

I havent played WW in ages, but I didnt mind the Triforce hunting. That whole game was magical to me on a whole other level.

Top Bottom